• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie dev begs Xbox fans to buy his game and not to wait for GamePass

Power Pro

This is probably beyond the scope of this thread, but it's just the first thing that jumped at me again....

CvY5CjH.jpeg

Can we STOP with this fucking hairstyle on female characters already??? I have never seen a woman in real life wear this hairstyle, and it's like the fucking default in so many damn games. It's like the female version of the bald space marine dudebro. It's hideous, and stupid looking. I may have used it for my female character in Fallout 3 cuz I thought it was funny, but that was 16 years ago.

Yeaaaaah. No. Gamepass been great for me on indie or small games. I play and bought so many more then I would have for sure. As for the bigger games. Not really tho

Games like this need a trial or demo. It genuinely looks like a fun time but one would need to spend time with it to be sure.

Also, do they have a contingency plan if the players leave? (Like customizable bots)

Does it have any type of campaign mode? (Even a UT or Quake 3-style campaign would be fine)

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Games like this need a trial or demo. It genuinely looks like a fun time but one would need to spend time with it to be sure.

Also, do they have a contingency plan if the players leave? (Like customizable bots)

Does it have any type of campaign mode? (Even a UT or Quake 3-style campaign would be fine)

It does have a demo.

It does have a campaign mode.

It has co-op.

It has bots. It has a online and offline mode.

Basically, it has everything plus more of what you asked:

Game is very nice graphically as well. I'm actually surprised the game isn't more popular. It needs more exposure I think.

Last edited:

El Muerto

I played the demo. All you do is build a few things to defend yourself and shoot waves of enemies. I went in thinking it was going to be like Army Men Sarges Heroes but it's just another squad based multiplayer game. Story mode is just multiplayer with bots, nothing exciting.

It does have a demo.

It does have a campaign mode.

It has co-op.

It has bots. It has a online and offline mode.

Basically, it has everything plus more of what you asked
This is great news then, thank you for the link.
I'm actually surprised the game isn't more popular.
For people like me, the youtube advertisement/trailer above didn’t explain everything you just did. If anything, it did a disservice by making the game seem like it’s yet another PvP shooter. You sold me on this more and that’s a bit sad and a bit telling.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I watched the trailer. The problem is that the market is too glutted. There's just too many options. Why would I ever play this? Why would I want to play it instead of Overwatch, or Team Fortress, or Fortnite, or all the other massively successful, proven, ongoing live service shooters?

It's not different enough to pull me away from any of those. Gamepass is not going to save something like this. It's a relic of a time where there just weren't as many options, and mega huge franchises hadn't taken over.

People are not understanding the issue :

Xbox's market place is competing against Game Pass.

in one you need to pay for every game, in the other you have access to an entire catalog for a small fee....what sounds more compelling?

it dosen't help that Xbox really pivoted their entire marketing around Game Pass as the key feature, instead of an added value of their ecosystem (just like PS+ or games with gold).

IAmRei

I think this game is okay, i tried few months ago to satisfy my GIJOE craving. And its rock. But i dont much like the design at the moment. Mostly, ugly

Boss Mog

This is probably beyond the scope of this thread, but it's just the first thing that jumped at me again....

CvY5CjH.jpeg

Can we STOP with this fucking hairstyle on female characters already??? I have never seen a woman in real life wear this hairstyle, and it's like the fucking default in so many damn games. It's like the female version of the bald space marine dudebro. It's hideous, and stupid looking. I may have used it for my female character in Fallout 3 cuz I thought it was funny, but that was 16 years ago.
It was the first thing I noticed too and it immediately killed any potential interest I might've had.

This game is actually really good. The guys over at SwitchUp are always singing it's praises. Microsoft have really changed the mindset of Game Pass users.

A few of my family are always saying that they don't bother buying games anymore and just wait for Game Pass, shame for indie developers now since the Game Pass money seems to have dried up from what they were saying a few weeks back.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Absolute turmoil.

Someone saying something negative about Gamepass, but their game features a female character with an alternate haircut.

Support them or hate them?!

I actually thought the game looked ok, and since the guy seems so on edge about it, I'll buy it.

If I pull alongside him at a traffic light and he's driving a nicer car than me, I will be furious.

Last edited:
The game has done reasonably well on Steam.

He's now crying crocodile tears because he played himself and chose to only release it on the console that's notorious for people not purchasing games.

mom son GIF
I heard porting from pc to xbox is easiest.

Bernardougf

Gold Member

CvY5CjH.jpeg

There is so many things contributing for games selling less and less beyond just gamepass ... people like to dismiss DEI, woke mindset, feminism and things like this...but the problem is that little by little your game, or movie or product that you use start to feel really strange to the point you dont want to buy anymore. They have to stop making games and movies to a mass crowd of wierdos that dosent exist.

Yeh, the easiest way to stop making money.
Baffling they do it.

Maybe enlighten them on Twitter and prevent self destruction from their own hands??

You seem to be quite concerned about people wasting their money on system and devs supporting it wasting their time.

GHG

Gold Member
Baffling they do it.

Maybe enlighten them on Twitter and prevent self destruction from their own hands??

No need, it appears other people have already pointed that out to them.

You seem to be quite concerned about people wasting their money on system and devs supporting it wasting their time.

The devs, yes, the people wasting their money, no.

Garibaldi

It's been out 4 years on Steam according to the listing. It's done reasonably well on the platform too it seems.

This is all a little crocodile tears for me.

Last edited:

LakeOf9

I hope they’ve put it on other systems too. Sales for software on Xbox are in the gutter right now unfortunately.

Game looks cool. Character designs are great.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

He's now crying crocodile tears because he played himself and chose to only release it on the console that's notorious for people not purchasing games.

mom son GIF
Ehh it's super easy to port a windows game to xbox with little to no investment. That's a good reason.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

CvY5CjH.jpeg

Do you regularly see men with this haircut outside or

Final-Fantasy-7-Hair-Bad.jpg

StueyDuck

Banned
I thought A) this game had already released, B) was coming to gamepass?

I'm sure i saw the regular fattys on those podcasts hype up this game cause its a gamepass game.

The game itself looks cool enough, i don't know how well it will do, but i wish them the best.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Game isn’t out yet and there are two DLCs already available. I know the game has been out on PC for awhile, but that’s a big turn off for me. Makes me feel like the $25 version is incomplete.

Also, concern trolls need to stick to one narrative. GamePass can’t be a no growth disaster AND everyone on Xbox loves GamePass so they don’t buy games.

This game is actually really good. The guys over at SwitchUp are always singing it's praises. Microsoft have really changed the mindset of Game Pass users.

A few of my family are always saying that they don't bother buying games anymore and just wait for Game Pass, shame for indie developers now since the Game Pass money seems to have dried up from what they were saying a few weeks back.
One of my best friends was getting upset with me the other night regarding game pass.

He and 4 of my other friends all bought Xbox's, now my best friend has always been pro Xbox so he convinced my 4 other friends to buy them too mainly because of game pass.

Now my other friend, who is also friends with my best friend, still only had a PS4 and decided he wanted to buy a PS5. So he saved his money for a few years and finally bought one.

So, since my friend who bought the PS5 only really plays multiplayer games, my Xbox friends starts being all sarcastic and saying "I don't know who told you to buy a PS5 when you could have gotten a Xbox and gamepass.", insinuating that I convinced him to buy the PS5 over an Xbox for spite or some dumbass reason.

Shit is ridiculous. I didn't really convince him at all. He convinced himself because he said he was already used to the PS4 UI and didn't really want to learn a new ecosystem.

And now that Xbox seems like they are going to lose more and more revenue due to gamepass. I don't think getting a PS5 is a poor choice at all.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

It's got an interesting aesthetic but it looks too much like many other games that are overflowing the market right now...
Do you regularly see men with this haircut outside or

Final-Fantasy-7-Hair-Bad.jpg
Outside of final fantasy games and anime where do you see this hairstyle exactly? Not a good response...

Meanwhile,here's just a couple of examples of oversaturation of this cringe hairstyle for wamen in games and media.

FhfIhEL.jpeg
9HNgJoD.jpeg

The modern day woman in the eyes of western devs:

diverse,edgy,rebelious such stronk much wow...

Last edited:

mom son GIF
It's been on Switch since 2020. Is there a reason they are not releasing on PlayStation if the game isn't Game Pass? Seems like a weird decision.

Top Bottom