• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [December] Now Voting - Post 741!

Teaser Video for the new MetaVendetta episode...

This episode includes request from fellow Gafer, PandaPedinte.

I'm internationally famous now!

This isn't a new release, but Love's currently #72 on Steam Greenlight, so I want to try and push to get it in the January batch. The game's currently available on Desura, so I'm going to bribe you all to try and get some yes votes.

I've also taken a screenshot of the current greenlight stats page. Give it a look if you're interested.

Wow I wasn't expecting the number of 'no' votes being high than 'yes', interesting the average number of negatives votes for the games in the top 50 also are higher than the positives. Do the negatives votes have any effect?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm internationally famous now!

Wow I wasn't expecting the number of 'no' votes being high than 'yes', interesting the average number of negatives votes for the games in the top 50 also are higher than the positives. Do the negatives votes have any effect?

Nope, they dont. Still sucks why those guys cant just vote yes for a good game that others might like.

Played some more Not The Robots:

- There are upgrades found throughout the levels, providing things from an extra inventory slot (so you can two abilities rather than just one) and a scanner to see what abilities are contained in a box

- Found some cool new abilities. Dig lets you remove a wall and Sprint give you a few seconds of boosted speed. Dig is especially cool because it lets you alter the layout of a level, opening up new paths for you to use

- You also get extra points for eating all furniture and taking no damage. Upon death, you rank up and can unlock permanent upgrades

Dascu

The Yes/No ratio used to be the other way around before Steam started greenlighting big batches of games.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
The situation with OIO seems to be similar to that of System Shock 2, where a completely unrelated company is the rightsholder—only these guys are just technically savvy enough to keep selling the game for a residual paycheck, and there is no Night Dive to bridge the gap between them and the customers.

The last comment Uncanny Games made on Desura was about their dissolution. Their FB and twitter accounts have been inactive since 2012.

All signs point to Plug-In Digital not really caring about OIO or PC DD in general. The game is on Desura, but keys were not provided to IGS. It has never, to my knowledge, been discounted outside of bundles/this IGS deal. Even the Greenlight listing has been removed, so this company is not even interested in chasing the possibility of additional income through Steam. (Kind of unfortunate as now that the GL floodgates are open, OIO would probably have a pretty good chance at getting approved.)

The Novelist is out to download and stuff.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731674

ib0kWeDB7S8cla.gif

iGAxhnd5WmcdN.png

Race The Sun is finally on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/253030/

Round of applause for Flippfly, for finally making it and for initiating that Not On Steam Sale. They had a long struggle with the game

Nice to see them on steam after struggling financially. I hope they remember everyone not on and host another Not On Steam Sale because I really liked the first one. It would be nice to see it pop up every 6 months or so.

So I have either been out of the loop about release info or Teknopants just decided to unleash this into the wild out of nowhere, but Samurai Gunn is out now on Steam and through its official site.

No online play is a bit of a bummer, but I'm so close to just dropping down the cash immediately.

Pietepiet

So I have either been out of the loop about release info or Teknopants just decided to unleash this into the wild out of nowhere, but Samurai Gunn is out now on Steam and through its official site.

No online play is a bit of a bummer, but I'm so close to just dropping down the cash immediately.

There's a single player Survival mode as well so even alone it's fun!

Oh man, I just finished a level 4 Survival match with only 2 deaths. Buy this game.

I wish there was a viable way to play in windowed mode with different resolutions. Alt+Tab-ing just creates a really tiny window that's frankly unplayable.

Idk, you've highlighted a bunch of games with some great GIFs. I'm guessing Papers Please or Overgrowth?

And how's Deadlock? Have you tried it yet?

The former. Overgrowth isn't out yet, so that would feel weird nominating :p Haven't tried Deadlock yet, got The Novelist and Broken Sword on right now.

It used to matter, now it doesn't. Now it's just a quick and easy way for users to make devs feel bad about themselves.

The Sir You Are Being Hunted devs must have done some major optimization work on the game because I can finally run it. Not high settings or visuals by any means, but it's not slideshow anymore, it's actually playable, and at decent settings too.

Going to have to put some time into this now

The Sir You Are Being Hunted devs must have done some major optimization work on the game because I can finally run it. Not high settings or visuals by any means, but it's not slideshow anymore, it's actually playable, and at decent settings too.

Going to have to put some time into this now

Actually one of the devs talked about the game needing optimizations because of all the things they have added.

Actually one of the devs talked about the game needing optimizations because of all the things they have added.
Oh, cool. So does that mean more optimization is to come or were those comments regarding the recent update?

So far from what I've played, it's very very tense and has a perfectly-crafted ominous atmosphere, yet with a hint of weird humor. One thing I don't like is how long it takes to load. Why must it load every island before you get to play? Why not one island at a time?

Oh, cool. So does that mean more optimization is to come or were those comments regarding the recent update?

So far from what I've played, it's very very tense and has a perfectly-crafted ominous atmosphere, yet with a hint of weird humor. One thing I don't like is how long it takes to load. Why must it load every island before you get to play? Why not one island at a time?

Sounded like optimizations are coming...it's still in Alpha so that stuff will probably come when all of the content is finished.

It only does that when you create a new world, the load times when you switch to another island should be much shorter.

Your weblinking skills hard at work again ;p
Starborn Anarkist looks better though, Autopret seems rather boring.
I must have been half asleep at the time :p

Oh, you're lurking in the IOS threads too?

Edit: Linked the wrong trailer, lol. Well, Starborn is a great IOS indie anyway.

Samurai Gunns pretty enjoyably, it get the 'Me' seal of approval. Perhaps a tad over-priced compared to the fairly limited selection of gameplay options but when you are actually in-game it is quite glorious.

Finally, Teslagrad coming this week!
Launch trailer

And here I keep thinking, "Okay now there shouldn't be any more new games releasing for the remainder of the year", then this happens. I really want this!

Samurai Gunns pretty enjoyably, it get the 'Me' seal of approval. Perhaps a tad over-priced compared to the fairly limited selection of gameplay options but when you are actually in-game it is quite glorious.

I agree with this. Thankfully, I feel satisfied with my purchase whenever I get far into Survival matches because of how hard the game is to put down. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to play local versus sometime in the near future.

rybrad

Dungeon of the Endless came out on Early Access today, thinking about picking it up. Anyone else taken a look at it? They had that "funny" trailer they released awhile ago but haven't seen much since then. I like the ideas of the genre mashup and I love the art style and lighting they did for it.

Hmm I didn't have much interest in this game but we seem to have similar opinions usually so I will have to take a closer look.

Do you think Samurai Gunn will drop lower than 11.99 during the upcoming Sale or would now be the best time to get it?
With it currently being 20% off I would say it probably won't go lower during the Steam winter sale. If it was the usual 10% launch discount right now I could see it but I suspect it will stick at 20%. That being said, unless you want to play it right now, the best approach is usually wait and see, as game sales come fast and furious these days. Even ACIV was 50% off on Amazon less than a couple weeks after it released.

Dungeon of the Endless came out on Early Access today, thinking about picking it up. Anyone else taken a look at it? They had that "funny" trailer they released awhile ago but haven't seen much since then. I like the ideas of the genre mashup and I love the art style and lighting they did for it.

I like the artstyle of the game, the Founder's pack sounds interesting but I'm curious if I can only get the Vaulters faction for Endless Space buying the Founder's edition or if it will be available later as a DLC for ES.

Awesome pixel graphics and an atmospheric tone/lighting? Another sci-fi roguelike? This looks great, wishlisted

Top Bottom