• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Moonlight

Banned
Huh, I was expecting the usual Kickstarter lull after the early days, but the daily funding has been pretty impressive. $15 to $20+k a day is similar to the Battletech Kickstarter numbers.
What's brought the campaign down was an undeniably weak first week and a half, but the backer count has been pretty steady for the past while, which makes sense with the nature of a playable prototype and word of mouth. It suffered from a lack of that zeitgeist factor a lot of other campaigns benefit from but all things considered the daily numbers aren't bad at all.

Last time I was this invested in the success of a crowdfunding project was with GRIP. This needs to succeed. Thinking of having a party with Shovel Knight, Drifter, and Juan, all in Lab Zero's art style and animations....

I needs this

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just backed it after playing the wonderful prototype on PSN. $30 for now, may go up to $60 later on based on how my funds are doing.

Golnei

And we have a number in mind for Inner Realm Incarnations, but it could be a tall order, so we're keeping it to ourselves.

Speaking of which, were any Inner Realm incarnations originally conceived as playable incarnations, or vice versa? I'm interested in how the planning process went for something with such a large cast compared to Skullgirls.

Ravidrath

Speaking of which, were any Inner Realm incarnations originally conceived as playable incarnations, or vice versa? I'm interested in how the planning process went for something with such a large cast compared to Skullgirls.

No, they've always been thought of as just Inner Realm incarnations from the start.

Jetman

Oh, wow - didn't play Skullgirls but this looks great. Never backed anything on indigogo only Kickstarter, but I guess this'll be the first. I'm in for $60.

God, I really hope they can land the 900k in 11 days. That sounds like a lot in a short amount of time...

Ravidrath

Oh, wow - didn't play Skullgirls but this looks great. Never backed anything on indigogo only Kickstarter, but I guess this'll be the first. I'm in for $60.

God, I really hope they can land the 900k in 11 days. That sounds like a lot in a short amount of time...

Won't get into it too much, but we will have the option to extend the campaign if we reach a certain percentage.

So right now we're just doing the best we can, and will decide if we want to do that depending on where we end up.

Jetman

Won't get into it too much, but we will have the option to extend the campaign if we reach a certain percentage.

So right now we're just doing the best we can, and will decide if we want to do that depending on where we end up.

Oh, nice! Right on! Well, hopefully you guys take the option when funding hits that point. Would there be a specific reason to not take that option if it's given?

Oh, nice! Right on! Well, hopefully you guys take the option when funding hits that point. Would there be a specific reason to not take that option if it's given?
Only reason I can think of is if there's a big boost at the end. extending the campaign could take the wind out of the sails

Oh yeah, I forgot IGG allows that. Good to know that we can always have that as a last resort if we're close but not quite at the goal.

Soulstar

With each new piece of info for this game I hope it get's funded more and more. I backed on the very first day at the $125 tier but I'm going to have to see if I can put some more money in before the campaign ends.

This game is amazing. Love the battle system. You definitely have my support come pay day and I urge others that are able and enjoy this genre to do the same. It will be a disservice to all that like this genre if this game is never released.

Cellsai

A neat little image put together by someone on the SkullHeart forums:

Annie from Skullgirls
Calibretto from Battle Chasers
The Drifter from Hyper Light Drifter
Juan from Guacamelee
Lea from Curses N' Chaos
Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight
Zackasaurus from Super Time Force Ultra

ElO2KJH.jpg

This has been a great boost for the campaign so far. Hopefully when the other sources pick up on it it'll keep the love going.

I'm really looking forward to what these guys look like in the Indiv style. Good stuff all round :)

Ravidrath

A neat little image put together by someone on the SkullHeart forums:

Annie from Skullgirls
Calibretto from Battle Chasers
The Drifter from Hyper Light Drifter
Juan from Guacamelee
Lea from Curses N' Chaos
Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight
Zackasaurus from Super Time Force Ultra

ElO2KJH.jpg

This has been a great boost for the campaign so far. Hopefully when the other sources pick up on it it'll keep the love going.

I'm really looking forward to what these guys look like in the Indiv style. Good stuff all round :)

Looking forward to seeing this updated with our takes on the characters. :)

Just finished the prototype. That was really awesome, as someone who's a big fan of VP.

Just wondering though, what's the point of launchers in Indivisible? I know launchers are useful in VP for combing enemies since they usually guard your attacks while on the ground, but here it seems kind of pointless at face value. Assuming the full game gets made, would enemies also have a guard function to make launchers into air combos more useful?

So conflicted about this. I want it to succeed, but I've been burned way too many times from prior crowdfunding projects to commit to it myself. This is probably the 3rd recent project I wanted to back and probably won't. The other two were funded already, but this one looks like it's got a long way to go in the next 10 days.

Ravidrath

Just finished the prototype. That was really awesome, as someone who's a big fan of VP.

Just wondering though, what's the point of launchers in Indivisible? I know launchers are useful in VP for combing enemies since they usually guard your attacks while on the ground, but here it seems kind of pointless at face value. Assuming the full game gets made, would enemies also have a guard function to make launchers into air combos more useful?

We intend to add more rewards for launching, juggling, etc.

Also enemies will be able to block, and there will be guardbreaking, too.

We actually have all the animation for the blocking already, just didn't have time to implement it on top of everything else.

So conflicted about this. I want it to succeed, but I've been burned way too many times from prior crowdfunding projects to commit to it myself. This is probably the 3rd recent project I wanted to back and probably won't. The other two were funded already, but this one looks like it's got a long way to go in the next 10 days.

There's always a chance that things can go wrong in game development, but Lab Zero's proven themselves multiple times through crowdfunding efforts. If there's one company you could trust your money with, its definitely Lab Zero.

We intend to add more rewards for launching, juggling, etc.

Also enemies will be able to block, and there will be guardbreaking, too.

We actually have all the animation for the blocking already, just didn't have time to implement it on top of everything else.

Sounds awesome! Will do everything I can to shill the game and help it get backed :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180768874&postcount=173

You won't get burned here. If anything you should expect to get more than you asked for when it comes to Lab Zero. Trust me as someone who has played and followed Skullgirls since before it came out (and subsequently got loaded with enough features to rival and outshine $60 releases).

Dice//

Banned

Meanwhile this is the first thing I've ever backed.

And to be fair, even though Lab Zero has very kindly and honestly disclosed what the funds are going toward, it's definitely a high goal to reach.

Backed with $75.

I haven't played Skullgirls that much, but it's probably the only fighter I've gotten into. The concept for this game is really interesting and I do like the art direction quite a lot, but I'm really won over by the release of a demo alongside the funding campaign, and the general handling of SG with regards to maintaining and adding content. Really hope this gets funded, I think the devs deserve it.

Ravidrath

Backed with $75.

I haven't played Skullgirls that much, but it's probably the only fighter I've gotten into. The concept for this game is really interesting and I do like the art direction quite a lot, but I'm really won over by the release of a demo alongside the funding campaign, and the general handling of SG with regards to maintaining and adding content. Really hope this gets funded, I think the devs deserve it.

Thanks so much!

sjay1994

Finally got some cash to back.

Put down 75. I've been wanting to back since SBF started talking about it. I adore this games aesthetic. I really hope this makes it.

Psxphile

Curious how the guest Incarnations are going to be integrated into the full game when funded (believe). Is this going to be like a Seraphic Gate thing where they're only usable in a post-meta dungeon? Something else?

Probably too early to say either way but I'm looking forward to having them on my team in whatever manner LZ sees fit..

Pehesse

We'll be releasing our adapatations of the characters throughout the rest of the campaign, just takes time, especially since we need to work with the other devs, get their approvals, etc.

Oh man, I always love cross-overs and different takes on characters (we're having quite a bit of fun in the indie thread with that too).

I'd love for Honey Rose to be somewhere in there as well, and to have the go ahead to have Ajna in one of my match's audiences... Probably not gonna happen, though :-D

Wonder what your criteria for selecting guest stars are? I'd imagine it starts with team preference and move from there?

Anyway, superb news, looking forward to how they turn out!

Ravidrath

Curious how the guest Incarnations are going to be integrated into the full game when funded (believe). Is this going to be like a Seraphic Gate thing where they're only usable in a post-meta dungeon? Something else?

Probably too early to say either way but I'm looking forward to having them on my team in whatever manner LZ sees fit..

Right now we're thinking that a dimensional rift opens up in Ajna's Inner Realm, and you meet the crossover characters in there. Don't want them? Don't go in there.

Definitely want to position them so players can use them as they see fit, but without detracting from the main story and other in-world characters. So I think it'll likely be a late game kinda thing, so Indivisible's characters and everything are established and you have them for endgame stuff.

I also see them as great New Game+ fodder - work them into your team to mix things up on a second playthrough, etc.

Wonder what your criteria for selecting guest stars are? I'd imagine it starts with team preference and move from there?

Anyway, superb news, looking forward to how they turn out!

This all started because Joe Madureira (!!!) reached out to us about a crossover. We liked the idea, so I reached out a bunch of other indies and they all agreed.

We usually approached them with a character in mind, but ultimately who went in was up to them. Sometimes it was based on who was the most recognizable, but in the case of Calibretto, we wanted someone that would really stand out from the rest of the cast.

And we tried to get some kind of balance in the roster, i.e. a grappler instead of a straight-up melee guy, people that have abilities in their games that could be "mage-y" in Indivisible's battle system, etc.

Pehesse

This all started because Joe Madureira (!!!) reached out to us about a crossover. We liked the idea, so I reached out a bunch of other indies and they all agreed.

We usually approached them with a character in mind, but ultimately who went in was up to them. Sometimes it was based on who was the most recognizable, but in the case of Calibretto, we wanted someone that would really stand out from the rest of the cast.

And we tried to get some kind of balance in the roster, i.e. a grappler instead of a straight-up melee guy, people that have abilities in their games that could be "mage-y" in Indivisible's battle system, etc.

I see, thanks a lot! That's a pretty nice way to start on this whole process :)

Well, just in case, my offer/question above still stands as a base, if you're ever interested in talking about it!

Top Bottom