• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

It's a great game, and such a fulfilling one, at that. I was able to pick up Guacamelee during an eShop sale, and it's definitely worth getting it at full price.
I'll definitely keep it in mind when the winter steam sale starts up. This year is going to be tough on my wallet in all sorts of ways between Indiegogo, Black Friday and Steam.
So close to the 50% mark. Hopefully that would encourage more to chip in.
This post makes me think it's time to show everyone my obsessive side (very reluctantly). The last days are either going to be crazy or sad, so we may as well start crunching numbers to distract ourselves from the coming roller coaster.
Day 01 -(12-24hrs in) -$85,000-$118,703 Monday
Day 02 -$134,786-$144,752 Tuesday
Day 03 -$153,500-$163,805 Wednesday
Day 04 -$178,283 Thursday
Day 05 -$194,287 Friday
Day 06 -$205,752 Saturday
Day 07 -$216,631 Sunday
Day 08 -$226,421 Monday
Day 09 -$239,526 Tuesday
Day 10 -$243,928 Wednesday
Day 11 -$278,997 Thursday
Day 12 -$305,077 Friday
Day 13 -$320,443 Saturday
Day 14 -$341,194 Sunday
Day 15 -$360,160 Monday
Day 16 -$381,852 Tuesday
Day 17 -$399,122 Wednesday
Day 18 -$420,816 Thursday
Day 19 -$439,022 Friday
Day 20 -$449,218 Saturday
Day 21 -$460,476 Sunday
Day 22 -$484,660 Monday
Day 23 -$499,420 Tuesday
Middle SG numbers 23d:22hr:41min:00(#7930 aka half of SG's contributor number yay)-$509,386
Day 24 -$509,551 Wednesday
Day 25 -$517,772 Thursday
Day 26 -$531,985 Friday
Day 27 -$543,810 Saturday
Day 28 -$565,849 Sunday
Day 29 -$584,719 Monday
Day 30 -$614,266 Tuesday
Day 31 -$647,667 #10,021 Wednesday
Day 32 -$681,705 #10,622 Thursday
Day 33 -$711,337 #11,111 Friday
Day 34 -
Day 35 -
Day 36 -
Day 37 -
Day 38 -
Day 39 -
Day 40 -
The numbers aren't perfect (missed some days by a few minutes), but I've been keeping track of the funding amounts for every 24 hour period since the campaign began. It's not nearly as obsessive as it looks since it's really just a matter of copying and pasting numbers at 9AM. Crowdcharts uses their own clock that doesn't take into account the starting time of individual campaigns, so I consider mine a bit more representative. I can't stress enough how great the last five weekdays have been. If next week goes into overdrive we may actually have this. The pound symbol just represents how many people contributed. I started recording them as well since 10k was a nice milestone. Around that time I crunched some numbers for fun and we're looking at somewhere between 23 and 25k contributors for success. Beyond 15,860 contributors and $828k is uncharted territory on Indiegogo as far as gaming is concerned, but I'm hopeful.

Can't wait for the next incarnation to give us a much needed injection of class

I don't think we're going to voice characters that don't have voices in their own game.

For Shovel Knight, we were thinking about treating him a bit like a silent protagonist like Crono - he nods and doesn't "say" everything, but everyone acts like he did.
That sounds fine to me (although I'll miss the puns). But, I recall The Drifter being silent. If you are going to do that for Drifter as well it might come off a bit strange.

So excited for the next character, I hope there's a Buddhist monk who uses the Ruyi Jingu Bang, Journey to the West style.

Just upgraded to the $250 tier. This train will keep on rolling, baby~!

I'll give some more pennies toward the end of the campaign. 'Imma buy some more copies and share the love with my friends who wanted to contribute but can't.

AdaWong

$715K. Almost halfway there. One week left.

W e c a n d o i t
P l s
G o d

In terms of promoting, Friday night I convinced my friend to download the prototype (he agreed only because it was 111 MB) and then i played it while he and his friend were watching, they loved the game and they, for some reason, found the enemies to be the thing that captured their attention. After finishing, I checked the community tab for the demo and everyone is posting in all caps and stuff to gather attention into funding the prototype. That was nice of them.

Masaki_

Probably been asked already, but I've contributed $30 and I want to upgrade to the $75 tier, how would I go about doing that?

Probably been asked already, but I've contributed $30 and I want to upgrade to the $75 tier, how would I go about doing that?

If you're a member, you should be able to go to the "your contributions" tab on your username tab. Once there, you'll see your contribution for Indivisible, and you can choose the "upgrade to a higher priced perk" option. Upgrading to a higher perk will have the website refund your money, and recharge you for the higher amount of money.

I'm not sure if this works the same way if you aren't a member.

Is there an option to pay with credit card without using Paypal?

Nvm, found it. Just pledged for 30$. It's the first time I ever supported a crowdfunding campaign but I loved the prototype so I really hope this gets funded.

So Sony has enough interest to do a first-time-ever prototype/demo on PSN, but hasn't expressed any interest in publishing the game or anything like that?

Hrm, really want that Cristina Vee voicemail . . . But on top of PC parts, also just realized Alter Black Heart is shipping out soon too D:

just saw this on giantbomb stream and it looked pretty cool, sad to see this probably won't make it.

i hope they try it again on KS :p

Just played the prototype... wow.

Extremely promising. Backing now.

South Asian mythology is just icing on top, such an overlooked mythology as a source material to build from, of an already fantastic playing game. Holds so much more promise in its 2D planes than any wishy-washy gameplay and techno-crap demos from contemporary JRPGs I can see from modern Japanese publishers.

God dayum seriously.... Backed for a physical copy, just freaking great.

Please find a way to fund this project even if the IndieGogo doesn't hit 1.5 million...... so very worth!

Moonlight

Banned
New Incarnation! His name is Antoine.

wau72by1ypye0x3or3we.png

The adopted son of a prominent Iron Kingdom nobleman, growing up among the upper class of the capital hasn't left Antoine curious about his origins. His skill with a blade and knack for diplomacy made him an ideal candidate for ambassadorship, and he's found himself well suited for the role.

Despite his best efforts, some areas of the empire's expanding domain have proven uncooperative. Unrest is growing, and rumors of a pending revolt led by a rising underclass leader have made the Iron Kingdom nervous enough to dispatch Antoine to speak with them personally. But unlike his previous diplomatic assignments, this upcoming meeting fills him with unease...

He looks regal as hell, and I mean that as a compliment. I like that there are some tamer character designs in addition to the more outlandish or eye-popping ones. It makes for a nice juxtaposition when looking at the cast.

Unfortunately I don't see the funding working out and I got a feeling it's going to be like silent hill where we are going to end up thinking about how good the game was going to be.

I think they made a mistake on the "all or nothing" 1.5 million dollar goal. $724k is still an impressive number, and I can see this reaching $1million by the end. But $1.5million in seven days?... good luck.

They are going to have to either get $100k+ a day or some really crazy final day numbers. What are they averaging at now? $30-40k?

Ravidrath

I think they made a mistake on the "all or nothing" 1.5 million dollar goal. $724k is still an impressive number, and I can see this reaching $1million by the end. But $1.5million in seven days?... good luck.

They are going to have to either get $100k+ a day or some really crazy final day numbers. What are they averaging at now? $30-40k?

We have the option to extend another 20 days if we reach $900k 72 hours before the end of the campaign.

So if we get there, we'll consider that depending on the momentum at that time.

This was an easy $60. I'm sorry I took so long.

Love the vision of the game and am grateful for all the effort you've been pouring into the Vita version of Skullgirls.

zulux21

We have the option to extend another 20 days if we reach $900k 72 hours before the end of the campaign.

do you have to be at 900k before 72 hours or if at 48 hours you hit 900k would that still work?

as 900k before 72 hours is going to be really really close.

Ravidrath

do you have to be at 900k before 72 hours or if at 48 hours you hit 900k would that still work?

as 900k before 72 hours is going to be really really close.

We may have some wiggle room, but we think their standard criteria for extensions are still a pretty good indication if we should extend or not.

If we extend, we want to only do so if we think we have a serious shot to hit the goal.

ALSO...

IGG now has a great new feature, InDemand, which basically lets us keep the campaign open indefinitely if we hit our goal instead of having to set up your own "slacker backer" thing. So we will be able to do that if we hit the initial goal and work towards stretch goals, and people will be able to upgrade to a higher tier then, etc.

Crocodile

I asked before but I didn't get an answer: when is the exact finish-line? Sunday the 15? Monday the 16th? What time of day? Will IGG reimburse you at all for those hours you lost when PayPal was being a dick?

Also, do you have any other "announcements" left in the tank? I think one more + normal final push could really push this over the edge.

Ravidrath

I asked before but I didn't get an answer: when is the exact finish-line? Sunday the 15? Monday the 16th? What time of day? Will IGG reimburse you at all for those hours you lost when PayPal was being a dick?

Also, do you have any other "announcements" left in the tank? I think one more + normal final push could really push this over the edge.

Oh, sorry - saw that and had to be somewhere before I could answer.

According to IGG, the official deadline is: November 15, 2015 12:59am PST

And I guess I could see if we could get those hours back, but... I'm not sure it's enough to really matter? But probably wouldn't hurt, either.

And no other big announcements left. Hopefully the SCEE release of the prototype drives another bump in contributions.

Dumb question, but this will have a story right? Its not just some dungeon crawler with a minimal story?

Yeah, very much so.

The campaign is a little light on story details because we were afraid of spoiling it, but you can hear more about the lore, story, etc. in this stream archive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hv0YSUyoV0

It's long, but there's probably a lot of good info in there.

As for the story structure, it'll likely end up being a bit like Chrono Trigger - each region will be an "episode" of the overall story, anchored by one or two key characters from that region.

Oh I had no idea that Indigogo offered campaign extensions. Seems like an option if things don;t pick up.

I'll definitely keep it in mind when the winter steam sale starts up. This year is going to be tough on my wallet in all sorts of ways between Indiegogo, Black Friday and Steam.

This post makes me think it's time to show everyone my obsessive side (very reluctantly). The last days are either going to be crazy or sad, so we may as well start crunching numbers to distract ourselves from the coming roller coaster.

The numbers aren't perfect (missed some days by a few minutes), but I've been keeping track of the funding amounts for every 24 hour period since the campaign began. It's not nearly as obsessive as it looks since it's really just a matter of copying and pasting numbers at 9AM. Crowdcharts uses their own clock that doesn't take into account the starting time of individual campaigns, so I consider mine a bit more representative. I can't stress enough how great the last five weekdays have been. If next week goes into overdrive we may actually have this. The pound symbol just represents how many people contributed. I started recording them as well since 10k was a nice milestone. Around that time I crunched some numbers for fun and we're looking at somewhere between 23 and 25k contributors for success. Beyond 15,860 contributors and $828k is uncharted territory on Indiegogo as far as gaming is concerned, but I'm hopeful.

Thanks for updates.

I'll back this again if they decide to relaunch this wherever it is. Hopefully IndieGOGO goes through though.

Crocodile

Oh, sorry - saw that and had to be somewhere before I could answer.

According to IGG, the official deadline is: November 15, 2015 12:59am PST

And I guess I could see if we could get those hours back, but... I'm not sure it's enough to really matter? But probably wouldn't hurt, either.

And no other big announcements left. Hopefully the SCEE release of the prototype drives another bump in contributions.

Ah, ok. That end time is around when a lot of people, especially on the East Coast, would be asleep or about to fall asleep. I'm not sure exactly how many hours you lost but if you could talk them into pushing it until say Monday 11/16 9pm PST (if you can't get that 20 day extension) that may be ideal. The more people who are awake near the finish line, the more people might pledge or up their contributions if we are close to crossing the line. At 12:59am PST (especially with the next day being a workday) a lot of people may turn in just before the finish line which would mean you'd lose some last minute pledges + upgrades. At least that's how I see it, I dunno if you have data that suggests otherwise?

Oh on a side note, I know (or I think) you were trying to get 1/2 more guest characters? Did that work out? Depending on the character(s) it certainly could provide another push.

If you could arrange a final stream with a big streamer (like say Kinda Funny Games) that might help too (since a stream on the Lab Zero channel has much smaller reach) but I have no idea how easy/hard that is or if its even possible at this point.

Oh and one final thing- did you have concept art for what y'all had in mind for the Giclee Print?

Sorry if that was a lot of questions

SirKhalid

Is the Exclusive Backer Character Colors going to be for all the characters? Nothing else has been announced has exclusive for backers, right?

So we would need $170K in 4 days. Hmm... not impossible if things pick up a little. You might want to make an announcement about it so that people don't wait for the very last days to back.

Ravidrath

Is the Exclusive Backer Character Colors going to be for all the characters? Nothing else has been announced has exclusive for backers, right?

I think it'll be whoever we think we can do a good job with. I'd hope for at least one for all the characters, and maybe more for Ajna.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, very much so.

The campaign is a little light on story details because we were afraid of spoiling it, but you can hear more about the lore, story, etc. in this stream archive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hv0YSUyoV0

It's long, but there's probably a lot of good info in there.

As for the story structure, it'll likely end up being a bit like Chrono Trigger - each region will be an "episode" of the overall story, anchored by one or two key characters from that region.

Very cool then. Hope it gets funded.

Not to break your heart on all this, but there's a site that already gathers this data:
http://crowdcharts.com/campaign/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games

Could be useful for future Indiegogos, or just relieving to not have to manually track Indivisible into the future.

Stuart444

The demo hits UK PSN on Tuesday? Cool, I'll check it out then.
I know I could get it from US PSN if I wanted but I wouldn't be able to back it anyway til Wednesday at the least anyway lol.

Regardless of if I like it or not, I hope it gets funded though for you guys :D

Ravidrath

The demo hits UK PSN on Tuesday? Cool, I'll check it out then.
I know I could get it from US PSN if I wanted but I wouldn't be able to back it anyway til Wednesday at the least anyway lol.

Regardless of if I like it or not, I hope it gets funded though for you guys :D

Hope you enjoy it, and tell your mates to try it out on Tuesday, too!

Ravidrath

I look at Crowdcharts, but their estimated total formula is very strange and twitchy.

That could be because we're defying conventional crowdfunding logic, though, and had a big pick-up late in the campaign.

I look at the estimated total to gauge the current trend, though. It seems like a good-enough indicator if we're speeding up or slowing down. And fortunately, we've been speeding up.

Daily totals are useful, too, of course.

I look at Crowdcharts, but their estimated total formula is very strange and twitchy.

That could be because we're defying conventional crowdfunding logic, though, and had a big pick-up late in the campaign.

I look at the estimated total to gauge the current trend, though. It seems like a good-enough indicator if we're speeding up or slowing down. And fortunately, we've been speeding up.

Daily totals are useful, too, of course.

I think their "formula" is just the current daily average multiplied by the total number of days, so yeah, not a very accurate estimation at all.

NEO0MJ

I hope we can get the extension. An extra 20 days would help a lot. If that happens that means this campaign has been going for two months!

Top Bottom