• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Moonlight

Banned
Zahra

ahgv54alkirus6hryfpe.png

From the moment she received her first oud as a child, everyone knew Zahra was destined for greatness. As she grew older, her fame in the region also grew, and stories of her music inspiring heroes in battle, entrancing wild beasts, and even helping a barren woman to conceive, began to spread.

The leader of a nearby tribe caught wind of this and sought to use her skills to his own advantage. Thinking he could use her music to inspire his warriors to victory, he kidnapped her and pressed her into service. But Zahra's sullen song on the eve of battle affected him so deeply that he negotiated peace with his rivals that very night.

She now wanders the land, going where her heart takes her, hoping to spread joy to all through song.
FqAt4k6.png

God, these character designs. THESE CHARACTER DESIGNS. Holy shit, you guys are killing it. Her hair and her head tie are gorgeous. In love with her pose, too. Figured that Baozhai would be my undisputed favourite, but man, the hits keep coming.

Thinking about her attack animations is fun, too. Sounds like she's the party bard, so I think it's fair to expect a lot of musical stuff with her. Or maybe just flat-out whacking a dude upside the head with her instrument.

Dem neck rings
Dat red clay skin
Dat oud
Dat navel

I think I speak for all brownGAF when I say...

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Also, we crossed the 12k contributor barrier and Sunday is looking to be the campaign's second best day overall in terms of funding. So much for weekends being slow. With a strong enough push we might cross Skullgirls' numbers by Tuesday morning.
Zahra is by Junkpuyo / Chris Ko, BTW.
Welp, it all falls into place now. He made one of the best Annie pieces, his Makoto Nanaya is adorbs and his Baiken piece was fantastic.

Ravidrath

Just convinced a friend of mine to try the demo on the PS4. He loved it and said he'd give his support, yay.

The prototype is our most powerful tool, I think, and it's just a matter of getting people to play it.

Also, just looking at the comparative reactions to the PC and PS4 prototypes, I think PS4 players are probably much more interested in this sort of gameplay. I feel like they're reacting more strongly and tend to go straight for the physical tier more often.

And, oddly enough, PS4 players seem much more understanding that it's not done? Which isn't what I would've expected at all.

Moonlight

Banned
hot damn, just saw this on the indivisible twitter.... and well if this is the bar for the contest just... wow
Holy shit.

For a second I legit thought that was real merchandise. The detailing is absolutely perfect - it even worked in the flame tiger! That's just... wow.

TheOGB

Banned
Zahra

ahgv54alkirus6hryfpe.png

From the moment she received her first oud as a child, everyone knew Zahra was destined for greatness. As she grew older, her fame in the region also grew, and stories of her music inspiring heroes in battle, entrancing wild beasts, and even helping a barren woman to conceive, began to spread.

The leader of a nearby tribe caught wind of this and sought to use her skills to his own advantage. Thinking he could use her music to inspire his warriors to victory, he kidnapped her and pressed her into service. But Zahra's sullen song on the eve of battle affected him so deeply that he negotiated peace with his rivals that very night.

She now wanders the land, going where her heart takes her, hoping to spread joy to all through song.
hot damn, just saw this on the indivisible twitter.... and well if this is the bar for the contest just... wow
Whew, goddamn godDAMN goddamn!

These are both fantastic, goodness gracious

Cellsai

God DAMN, Ravidrath.
I was absolutely convinced y'all had peaked with Baozhai. Zahra is one of my favorite character designs in a looooong time holy shit.

Re: repetition, I mean that in most RPGs, you are making a lot of decisions each round. Damage vs. Healing, positions, spells, etc. In VP, you pretty much spam the same chain attack ad infinitum with no thought at all, because there are no other options. Even if the boss has insane attacks, you just do your best to plow through it in VP. There is no strategy. How will Indivisible address this issue?

I haven't played VP, but the Indivisible prototype boss showed me that there is tons of room for strategy. Healing, blocking, status effects, and choosing which enemy to target, are already in. There is strategy in deciding when to heal and maximizing the value (best if the whole team needs it), in choosing who to target and how to attack (maybe you would use meter to quickly destroy a glass cannon type enemy, or maybe you would ignore it and use meter for heals instead in a drawn out battle, or maybe there is a status effect that would be most beneficial). Blocking takes skill and also has strategy since it requires meter that can be used for other things. The system itself is well-equipped for great things in the future, if only the game gets made.

Now that we're five days away things are getting pretty serious. The not so good news is that I was wrong about the second largest day of the campaign. Day 10 was the campaign's second best day (Gamegrumps day?). The good news is that Sunday was the largest day of last week. Saturday kicked every other day's ass and Sunday wasn't having any of that and beat Saturday by eight dollars winning the bronze. The bad news is that we're definitely going to need something like 23-25k contributors. The contributor rate is going to need to quintuple to squeek by the 1.5 million dollar goal. Indiegogo servers are going to burn to a crisp.
Kickstater, absolutely.
Indiegogo, yes, mildly, but Ive never seen as much as getting half of the funidng there in the last days.
I don't think there is any such precedent for an increase of the magnitude we require (not for multi hundred thousand dollar projects or above).

DrArchon

Cool take on the classic bard class! I hope she doesn't have a single attack does damage. All buffs, debuffs, status, healing, etc. Make her a pacifist.

Now that we're five days away things are getting pretty serious. The not so good news is that I was wrong about the second largest day of the campaign. Day 10 was the campaign's second best day (Gamegrumps day?). The good news is that Sunday was the largest day of last week. Saturday kicked every other day's ass and Sunday wasn't having any of that and beat Saturday by eight dollars winning the bronze. The bad news is that we're definitely going to need something like 23-25k contributors. The contributor rate is going to need to quintuple to squeek by the 1.5 million dollar goal. Indiegogo servers are going to burn to a crisp.

I don't think there is any such precedent for an increase of the magnitude we require (not for multi hundred thousand dollar projects or above).
Ideally we need to reach 900k so the devs at least have the option of an extension.

Gbraga

I'm glad this game doesn't have individual character level, or I would probably spend way too much time farming to get all of my party formations viable, and end up hating the game.

There are just too many good characters. I even like some of the guys.

Now that fallout 4 reviews are coming and are not that glowing, I can safely pass and double my pledge for indivisible.

Take my 75$ guys.

NEO0MJ

You i'm digging these designs.

Like way more than SG

instead of sg2 can i just get indivisible the fight.

SO it never gets patched later? Oh sure they'll say the patch that updates it to the arcade version is coming, but we know they're lying through their teeth to us.

NEO0MJ

I... I am very confused by this post.

Just joking about the RPG that got turned into a fighter, Persona 4 Arena. The latest balancing patch for the game has yet to be released on consoles, even though it's been arcades for at least a year now.

Puruzi

Banned
You i'm digging these designs.

Like way more than SG

instead of sg2 can i just get indivisible the fight.

nooooooooooooooo nonono no

hell no

Not to say I don't want an Indivisble fighting game, but if it could ever happen, I really want SG2

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I open this thread and i see Zahra at the top of the page and i believe I am in love. Just a wonderful design. I said at the start of this thread that o wouldnt pledge because of IGG. I take that back. Ill pledge today.

Top Bottom