• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Zahra

ahgv54alkirus6hryfpe.png

From the moment she received her first oud as a child, everyone knew Zahra was destined for greatness. As she grew older, her fame in the region also grew, and stories of her music inspiring heroes in battle, entrancing wild beasts, and even helping a barren woman to conceive, began to spread.

The leader of a nearby tribe caught wind of this and sought to use her skills to his own advantage. Thinking he could use her music to inspire his warriors to victory, he kidnapped her and pressed her into service. But Zahra's sullen song on the eve of battle affected him so deeply that he negotiated peace with his rivals that very night.

She now wanders the land, going where her heart takes her, hoping to spread joy to all through song.
That is a really REALLY kickass design. Loving her backstory too.

So many great incarnations, you guys are killing it.

ZombAid82

Finally played the Ps4-Demo and i was pretty satisfied with what i played, and i pledged 30$ in the pot.

Wish you guys the best.
Hopefully you can make it!

SerRodrik

Welp, I just got a job that I interviewed for, so to celebrate I think I'll bump my pledge from $30 to a higher tier. Maybe $125? I'm eyeing that tapir plushie, though...

Moonlight

Banned
Eh? No, I just thought I saw the pledges drop significantly, like someone pulled a high pledge or something.

Could have sworn it was almost at 800k and now it's back at 776k..? Am I hallucinating?
I've been refreshing semi-regularly all morning and it's been around the 776k mark for a while.

Beats

Eh? No, I just thought I saw the pledges drop significantly, like someone pulled a high pledge or something.

Could have sworn it was almost at 800k and now it's back at 776k..? Am I hallucinating?

Hmm, I've been checking it regularly but I didn't notice a significant drop like that. The higher end tiers are still at the same numbers too.

Hastati

Zahra

From the moment she received her first oud as a child, everyone knew Zahra was destined for greatness. As she grew older, her fame in the region also grew, and stories of her music inspiring heroes in battle, entrancing wild beasts, and even helping a barren woman to conceive, began to spread.
ahgv54alkirus6hryfpe.png

11/10

You guys are killing it with your designs.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I've been refreshing semi-regularly all morning and it's been around the 776k mark for a while.
Hmm, I've been checking it regularly but I didn't notice a significant drop like that. The higher end tiers are still at the same numbers too.
Hmmm false alarm then... maybe.
I left the tab open and went to bed, then got up and refreshed and could have sworn I saw it drop. Buuuuut I'm pre-coffee so my eyes might be playing tricks.

Sorry y'all. ._.

I would expect that if this campaign had reached the one million mark by now, there would be a decent chance of hitting the target within regulation. As it stands now, however, if an opportunity to extend the campaign is presented, definitely do it. I don't think there's enough potential momentum to double the money raised by the end of the week. The end of the month, however, is an entirely different matter.

I would expect that if this campaign had reached the one million mark by now, there would be a decent chance of hitting the target within regulation. As it stands now, however, if an opportunity to extend the campaign is presented, definitely do it. I don't think there's enough potential momentum to double the money raised by the end of the week. The end of the month, however, is an entirely different matter.
I believe it was mentioned if they reach 900k they get a 20day extension.

joe2187

Banned
Hey Ravi is there a chance for more guest characters? ( Just wondering if there are more devs that are working with you guys besides the initial announced stuff)

Either way, gonna up my pledge this friday.

Ravidrath

Hey Ravi is there a chance for more guest characters? ( Just wondering if there are more devs that are working with you guys besides the initial announced stuff)

Either way, gonna up my pledge this friday.

There's a chance, but if they happen they probably won't be announced during the campaign.

Giolon

I gave the prototype a try on PS4 last night. I was very impressed by the 2D animation, but left underwhelmed by the generic 3D environments. They gave a very Mighty No. 9 impression. Yes, I understand it's a prototype, but that's all I have to go on at this point.

I also felt like the combat, while kind of fun, was just a slog that I had to push through that interrupted my exploration. Instead of looking forward to each enemy encounter, I was annoyed by it. "Oh great, another one," is what I'd think. I'd much rather be able to attack and dodge enemies in real-time than the sort of ATB-esque pseudo turn-based approach.

Lastly, I felt like I wished the map could be on screen at all times. I was exploring, but not really knowing where I was going or how to put the environment together in my head until I accidentally found out holding the shoulder button shows the map. Why not have a minimap at all times, especially if it's supposed to be Super Metroid-esque?

So, I'm torn on this one. I loved the 2D animation, didn't really like the gameplay, and don't really care for the politics around this title, but I am a general fan of the folks at LabZero and want to see them succeed. I'm going to try to make a decision by tomorrow on whether to back this or not.

I gave the prototype a try on PS4 last night. I was very impressed by the 2D animation, but left underwhelmed by the generic 3D environments. They gave a very Mighty No. 9 impression. Yes, I understand it's a prototype, but that's all I have to go on at this point.

I also felt like the combat, while kind of fun, was just a slog that I had to push through that interrupted my exploration. Instead of looking forward to each enemy encounter, I was annoyed by it. "Oh great, another one," is what I'd think. I'd much rather be able to attack and dodge enemies in real-time than the sort of ATB-esque pseudo turn-based approach.

Lastly, I felt like I wished the map could be on screen at all times. I was exploring, but not really knowing where I was going or how to put the environment together in my head until I accidentally found out holding the shoulder button shows the map. Why not have a minimap at all times, especially if it's supposed to be Super Metroid-esque?

So, I'm torn on this one. I loved the 2D animation, didn't really like the gameplay, and don't really care for the politics around this title, but I am a general fan of the folks at LabZero and want to see them succeed. I'm going to try to make a decision by tomorrow on whether to back this or not.
You can dodge enemies by jumping over/manuevering around them, and if you attack with your melee or axe and do (I think) 50%+ damage, you kill that enemy without entering a turn-based encounter

Giolon

You can dodge enemies by jumping over/manuevering around them, and if you attack with your melee or axe and do (I think) 50%+ damage, you kill that enemy without entering a turn-based encounter

I know you can physically jump over enemies, but I meant more dodging their attacks. For the bolded, I didn't notice this. Every time I attacked an enemy, it went into combat mode. Maybe I didn't level up enough.

Samemind

RE: The environments criticism, did you like the look of the area between the two temples with the tree in the background? Mike said they were aiming for that aesthetic for the entire game.

joe2187

Banned
I know you can physically jump over enemies, but I meant more dodging their attacks. For the bolded, I didn't notice this. Every time I attacked an enemy, it went into combat mode. Maybe I didn't level up enough.

You can also use the dash

5jbcHTA.gif

suzu

The two recently revealed incarnations are cool!

Given how much work Lab Zero puts into all their art, I'd expect the 3D environments will be pretty nice when they actually start working on the game full-time.

What politics?

Lime

At least the good news is that since the PSN release the donations have been consistently higher without dropping:

14144v5oy2.png

Crocodile

LOL I totally whiffed on the silhouette. Zahra looks super cool though. I also learned a bit of Arabic and what an oud is :)

Also damn is CrowdCharts awful. Just terrible compared to Kicktraq.Terrible.

Yeah I think $1m is a big psychological barrier to many. If we could actually legit hit that mark before the 72 hour mark I feel confident this gets funded by its original deadline.

At least the good news is that since the PSN release the donations have been consistently higher without dropping:

The guest characters probably helped more not just pulling in other fandoms but getting more articles written about the game and thus more exposure. There's no doubt putting the prototype on PSN helped too though. Man if we could have gotten that out even one week earlier......... :/

Giolon

RE: The environments criticism, did you like the look of the area between the two temples with the tree in the background? Mike said they were aiming for that aesthetic for the entire game.

That background in the outside area did look really nice. It's mainly the 3D assets that are used all throughout the temple - the ground, the background walls, the obstacles - all looked very bland.

You can also use the dash

5jbcHTA.gif

That's pretty cool. I always love a good Speed Booster (please add shine spark!). Is the dash something that's unlocked after leveling up enough? If not, how do you use it?

Quonny

Alright you duckers, despite there not being an early bird special...I'm in. Just $30, though. Gotten burned in the past with crowdfunding, don't let me down.

Crocodile

@Ravidrath: If I upgrade to the VA message, can I get them to say something "in character" for a role they've done unrelated to Skullgirls? Do I get a sound file (MP3, MP4, whatever) that I can upload (say perhaps Youtube) and/or share with others? Or are there any restrictions I should know about?

Ravidrath

@Ravidrath: If I upgrade to the VA message, can I get them to say something "in character" for a role they've done unrelated to Skullgirls? Do I get a sound file (MP3, MP4, whatever) that I can upload (say perhaps Youtube) and/or share with others? Or are there any restrictions I should know about?

Doesn't have to be a Skullgirls character, can be anything in any voice they've done in the past.

Krackatoa

Are there any video interviews with individual team members floating about? I found that the MikeZ rant during Salty was really good at getting people's attention.

Maybe people are just naturally drawn to an angry Mike.

Ravidrath

Are there any video interviews with individual team members floating about? I found that the MikeZ rant during Salty was really good at getting people's attention.

Maybe people are just naturally drawn to an angry Mike.

We have a bunch of stream archives on the YouTube channel, like the lore stream, etc.

Ok. It is a high quality sound file I can freely share/upload though right? A message trapped on my phone isn't nearly as enticing.

What do you want to use it for?

How about you just tell Ravid instead of beating around the bush :p

Anyways, backed. Love the team, loved Skullgirls, love the designs, love the crossovers, in short: I love it! Hope it gets funded.

Top Bottom