• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous demo sharing topic

idahoblue said:
Alright, so I give everyone the PW and they start the download, can I change it back after say, 30 minutes, and everyone can still finish their download?

Sorry to be so obtuse guys, I just am never comfortable with this shit! :D

Yes, once the person is downloading the demo - when it appears on the XMB - they don't need access to the account any more

DrBo42

So how does this work? I have someone elses login but it says I can't use someone else's account when I try to sign in.

Costanza said:
I would like a share

There ya go... hope that helps

ARTS_Cher.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DrBo42 said:
So how does this work? I have someone elses login but it says I can't use someone else's account when I try to sign in.

Someone else might be logged in and that person hasnt logged out.

idahoblue said:
Alright, so I give everyone the PW and they start the download, can I change it back after say, 30 minutes, and everyone can still finish their download?

Sorry to be so obtuse guys, I just am never comfortable with this shit! :D

please pm me too with the login and the password, i'm from europe:(

thanks!

To anyone who wants to share:

Make a new user on your PS3 and a new PSN account with a throw-away email address. Use that one to share with.

If anyone has a HK account that they created solely to download the demo, please consider sharing it with me, I'm sitting here listening to "Anything for Trish" from the soundtrack and imagining what playing inFamous is like.

As an Aussie there is no way for me to get the demo other than through the generosity of another GAFfer...

Remember that with the HK account and the inFamous demo in your download history, there is no limit to the amount of times it can be downloaded/shared :D

MoogPaul

What's the point of having a demo that's only available to people who have already put money down to buy the game?

MoogPaul said:
What's the point of having a demo that's only available to people who have already put money down to buy the game?

Nothing for us... but Sony got some extra money feom the stores that ran the pre-order scheme, so they can invest it in other products hopefully.

Dave1988 said:
I know it doesn't.

I just thought that "Can i haz share?" sounded awkward ;p

Okay sorry. I just don't want people asking for a code, and then getting confused afterwards when/if they get something else.

MoogPaul

Keyser Soze said:
Nothing for us... but Sony got some extra money feom the stores that ran the pre-order scheme, so they can invest it in other products hopefully.

It's a shame really. I'm interested in the game, but not enough to buy it blindly and at this point, I don't really trust reviews so... no demo, no buy. Next time, Sony.

Thrakier

I have to leave in 40 minutes and I would love to have a sneak peak on the demo and have it secured for when I'm home again...so...please...me. :D

Sidzed2

I'm happy to trade any of my PSN games, including:

WIPEOUT HD
Ratchet: QFB
Flower
Tekken DR
Pixeljunk Eden
Noby Noby
...and others.

Any other aussies here who have been hooked up? Band together, fellow brothers who are trapped on this side of the Earth.

MoogPaul said:
It's a shame really. I'm interested in the game, but not enough to buy it blindly and at this point, I don't really trust reviews so... no demo, no buy. Next time, Sony.

The demo will be (I think) going up on PSN on May 21st. You will still get it without a pre-order, just 2 weeks to wait.

DrBo42 said:

incase anyone is having the same issue
you need to make a NEW user on your PS3, then when you sign on choose 'existing email' and then enter their account details, then you can get onto the store

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I would greatly appreciate it if someone shared the game with me. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can PM me.

Sidzed2

A rule that anyone who is lucky enough to be shared with has to share with at least one other person, and so on?

idahoblue said:
How many times can I share this thing?
If it's a pre-order code that you have, there is a limit to 5 downloads (all using the one account). If you downloaded the demo off the HK store before it got pulled, then the demo can be downloaded from your HK account's download history AN INFINITE NUMBER OF TIMES (woohoo!).

So if you were able to download with an HK account, and you don't have any 'paid' items downloaded with that account, then help move yourself closer to real life HERO status and please share the HK account details via PM with good people such as myself! :D

Sidzed2

endlessflood said:
If it's a pre-order code that you have, there is a limit to 5 downloads (all using the one account). If you downloaded the demo off the HK store before it got pulled, then the demo can be downloaded from your HK account's download history AN INFINITE NUMBER OF TIMES (woohoo!).

So if you were able to download with an HK account, and you don't have any 'paid' items downloaded with that account, then help move yourself closer to real life HERO status and share the HK account details via PM with good people such as myself! :D

This man tells the truth. I like him.

Dead Man

endlessflood said:

So if you were able to download with an HK account, and you don't have any 'paid' items downloaded with that account, then help move yourself closer to real life HERO status and please share the HK account details via PM with good people such as myself! :D
HK demo, so I guess everyone gets a copy! I'm doing it one person at a time though, since I'm a complete control freak!

Sidzed2

idahoblue said:
HK demo, so I guess everyone gets a copy! I'm doing it one person at a time though, since I'm a complete control freak!

Thank you! I'm patient and grateful and indebted. We all are!

drkOne

idahoblue said:

I need to leave in a min, so if you would be kind enough to borrow it to me now, or I'll shoot you a PM later.

Anyway, thanks for helping the community!

Top Bottom