• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous demo sharing topic

brunoa76

A place to ask and a place to GIVE :D

Leave the other topic for impressions only.

irfan said:
There is no demo code sharing here, only account sharing. Demo was mistakenly put up on HK PSN store, some quick GAFers got it and sharing their HK accounts. Please be mindful & greatful of their generosity and if you get logged out, wait 5 minutes before trying to log back in again. Asking for code, PM, sharing your PSN ID etc. will not work, just PM one of the following GAFers

Now people who you can PM and get the login info:

3. II VerTigo II
4. thewesker
5. carpediemdp
6. Cruzader

Once you have the login info, here is the process to make it right :

1 - Users -> Create New User (then log in as the new user)
2 - Playstation Network -> Sign Up for Playstation Network
3 - Press button down to select "Use an Existing Account"
4 - Enter the mail and password that you've been generously given
5 - Check "Save Password" and select Continue
6 - Press X to go to PSN Store (press X again to sign in)
7 - Once in the PSN Store, select the Download icon at the top right of the screen
8 - Select the Infamous Demo and press X 2 times to start the background download
9 - Exit PSN Store (pressing O 2 times)
10 - Users -> press triangle and select Delete to delete the new user (the download will still continue in background)
11 - Log in as your own account and wait for the end of the download.

---

Thanks LoudNinja for sharing ;)

DrBo42

If anyone has downloaded the demo from the HK store, please share. I really want to give this one a try.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
N30RYU said:
true, i understand that if it have only 5 shares you can't offer it to everyone... but if someone managed to download it from the HK account (if haven't got something purchased on it) could share it with everybody

Edit - Someone has kindly emailed me one now, thankyou ever so much, I won't disclose your name as you may be bombarded with begging PM's.

Snipes424

If anyone has an extra one, I would really appreciate it. I will return the favor for a beta code or demo in the future :)

Speevy

Banned
Sony really needs to release the restrictions on freaking demos. There has to be a way to separate paid content from free content in the activations.

nib95

Banned
CanIHazaCode.jpg

Anyway, I'd like someone to share the demo with me too.

I gave out LBP and COD codes in the past... which means nothing, but still

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nobody should share their account details if they have any paid content on their accounts. Anyone with access to your account can re-download any material you have downloaded including paid content and will thus contribute to your five share limit (that's five shares per PS3 not game/content). Also, don't publicly post passwords or anything, not saying anyone would be that dumb...

Just a head's up.

I want this demo too. =(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Love a download share please,had a shitty night with the Rockets losing :(

Dead Man

Okay. I make no promises, I hate sharing info! But, if someone can tell me how to share my HK account, which only has a couple demo downloads on it, without sharing my email address and other accounts I might be able to hook someone up. Again,. no promises and sorry if I sound like I'm being a dick, but this sharing thing makes me paranoid! :D

Edit: and can I make another HK account on my PS3 that won't be effected? My understanding is that I'm basically sacrificing my account, is that right?

Thrakier

idahoblue said:
Okay. I make no promises, I hate sharing info! But, if someone can tell me how to share my HK account, which only has a couple demo downloads on it, without sharing my email address and other accounts I might be able to hook someone up. Again,. no promises and sorry if I sound like I'm being a dick, but this sharing thing makes me paranoid! :D

Edit: and can I make another HK account on my PS3 that won't be effected? My understanding is that I'm basically sacrificing my account, is that right?

No, you can change your password back for your HK account. Would be nice if I can login for a sec and get the demo. XD

SelfCon

I've donated a few codes to needy gaffers in the past. I'm one of the good guys. Anyone willing to share with a brother?

Dead Man

Thrakier said:
No, you can change your password back for your HK account. Would be nice if I can login for a sec and get the demo. XD
Hang on, am I sharing the demo, or my account. I've got some PM's telling me one thing, but some of the posts here suggest something else!

Thrakier

idahoblue said:
Hang on, am I sharing the demo, or my account. I've got some PM's telling me one thing, but some of the posts here suggest something else!

If you change your PW now, give the login to me (or others) and after this change it back, everything will be fine. Also, Gaffers are no assholes normally. At least I'm not. XD And if it's just HK, it's not THAT important anyway I guess. :D

nib95

Banned
idahoblue said:

It's sharing your account. Well, only your HK one. If it doesn't have any money or cards assigned you have nothing to worry about.

brunoa76

idahoblue said:

you share the account and everything you have downloaded/paid thru it

Gbeav

Banned
idahoblue said:

Make sure your credit card info is deleted.

Dead Man

Alright, so I give everyone the PW and they start the download, can I change it back after say, 30 minutes, and everyone can still finish their download?

Sorry to be so obtuse guys, I just am never comfortable with this shit! :D

Goldrusher

idahoblue said:
Alright, so I give everyone the PW and they start the download, can I change it back after say, 30 minutes, and everyone can still finish their download?
Yes.

Once you start a download with account X, you can go back to your own account to finish, install and play it.

Top Bottom