• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: First Light |OT| Make Fetch Happen

How do I get this? I am going to take some more screenshots because I just realized that this screenshot makes the location non-specific, but I can't reach it. I'm doing the O+jump technique right into a booster and I'm still not reaching it.
Look for a taller builsing nearby, grab a booster and use air dashes plus gliding

Wish they had made the Neon Lumens more challenging. There was only 2 or 3 that made me stop and plan out what route to take. But they were fun and a welcome addition. Much better than shooting down drones.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I finally found my best shot.
KIvXpEk.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Managed to get the Platinum a little while ago.

Very good DLC and does a good job telling Fetch's story and why she is doing what she is when you meet up with her as Delsin.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
What's the best way to get the 20 consecutive melee kill challenge down?
Start punching. And then don't start punching. When they attack you and you're about to die, go get some neon, and keep on punching. Also, Finishers count. Just level up your melee if you're having trouble.

Teddified

Ugh lame, it crashed on me during wave 29 of the Gamma Survival.

Not that big of a deal since I didn't find it too hard but it's kinda annoying. I only needed that and the 25 turrets to platinum, but now I'll take a break for a little while.

Start punching. And then don't start punching. When they attack you and you're about to die, go get some neon, and keep on punching. Also, Finishers count. Just level up your melee if you're having trouble.

Oh, so it's as simple as that. Went back to the alpha test and it was super easy. I was trying to do it in gamma after the big tanky dudes came out. It didn't go well.

Just have the blue bolt challenge left and I'm done

edit: done!

That's my third Platinum this week haha

KalBalboa

Banned
Just landed the platinum.

I really liked the challenge room idea. It gave inFamous a very Super Stardust feel. The combo-centric, risk/reward payoff with certain moves... keeping the multiplier up.

Consider me a big fan. The story mode itself started slow but it ramped up a good deal in the last third.

LiK

the unlimited melee finisher pick-up from the drone is awesome. melee is so damn cool in motion. wish there was a mode at seeing how much you could do with it. it was so awesome moving from one dude to another and the camera was very well done when you hit guys. really hated how limited it was in the main game.

Andrew.

Banned
Finished it up yesterday and really, really enjoyed my time with it, especially the survivial arenas. The finale was fucking fantastic and a real cool showcase for SuckerPunch to be like "Hey! We can do damn good looking
snow environments
too!"

I felt the game had a much speedier sense and feel to it. The 60fps and quick sidequests certainly helped and I loved the added blur effect around Fetch's legs while running around.

If there were any negatives to mention, the only one I can come up with was the lack of punch in the soundtrack, or the lack of any noticeable soundtrack in general. I mean, I know the music was there and there were a few new tracks, but nothing really stood out and it seemed very subdued for the most part.

leng jai

Finished it up yesterday and really, really enjoyed my time with it, especially the survivial arenas. The finale was fucking fantastic and a real cool showcase for SuckerPunch to be like "Hey! We can do damn good looking
snow environments
too!"

I felt the game had a much speedier sense and feel to it. The 60fps and quick sidequests certainly helped and I loved the added blur effect around Fetch's legs while running around.

If there were any negatives to mention, the only one I can come up with was the lack of punch in the soundtrack, or the lack of any noticeable soundtrack in general. I mean, I know the music was there and there were a few new tracks, but nothing really stood out and it seemed very subdued for the most part.

it wasn't 60fps, more like 35-40.

I have never played any of the InFamous series yet, would this be a decent place to start to get into the series? Should I get Second Son instead?

I have never played any of the InFamous series yet, would this be a decent place to start to get into the series? Should I get Second Son instead?

While I think Fetch is a more interesting and better main character than Delsin, you should probably start with Infamous Second Son. Its pretty awesome overall, just don't expect it to last you longer than 10-12 hours. Still visually and gameplay wise its amazing.

If you are tight on cash, Last Light is a pretty good microcosm of SS, so its not bad to start there. The stories aren't really tied together so you aren't missing anything.

Grisby

Yeah, the missions, story, etc. were definitely better in inFamous 2. I'm pretty sure that if Second Son didn't have to be a launch window game it would've been a lot better.

And the traversal got infinitely better once you got the Static Thrusters and Ice Launch. I'm still sorely dissappointed that you never got the concrete jump and perch like the enemies in the game had.
Yeah, I think more time would have been better for the game and you're right, the 4th power should been included way eariler in the game.

I'm going evil in I2 so no ice powers for me I suppose.
the unlimited melee finisher pick-up from the drone is awesome. melee is so damn cool in motion. wish there was a mode at seeing how much you could do with it. it was so awesome moving from one dude to another and the camera was very well done when you hit guys. really hated how limited it was in the main game.
It's great. When you get it an there are like 40 dudes surrounding you, I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

genbatzu

I finally found my best shot.
KIvXpEk.jpg

amazing! I tried photomode, but seems I'm not really good at it xD

b2t: finished I:FL sunday and it was quite fun and 15€ well spent.
My fastest plat, according to psnprofiles, but the arena mod is a lot of fun.

since I alredy knew Seattle I expected to play a bit more in/around Curdun Cay freely, but the
forest escape level
was quite good

Okay, I'm pretty freaking annoyed at this game.

I was finishing up the last arena, Gamma Survival, and completed a couple of challenges on my way to round 30. Once I beat wave 30, the game crashed and didn't save my completion of that challenge, but it did of the others I had done. I was a little frustrated but figured it wasn't a big deal. I did it again and finished up every other challenge I had. Now I'm sitting at 60/60 but don't have the trophy nor the last skill point I need to unlock the last power! What the fuck?

I really don't want to slog through everything again but I don't think I have a choice.

I finally finished the main story, I thought it was alright. Fetch was definitely better to play as than Delsin. I got everything except the challenges, I suck too much to do them.

Grisby

If you can stomach the graphics id go with 1 and 2. Not only do they have a better atmosphere than Second Son, they also have more content and more varied missions. The overall arching story isn't too bad either.

Second Son isn't a bad place to start and if you like it then I guess you could go to the older games that way. Hell, First Light doesn't spoil too much of Second Son and you could see if you like the feel, etc before purchasing SS

I wouldn't skip the first two games though.

Turkoop

Banned
Finally finished and i am very impressed
I think delsin is more powerful than fetch
but the neon power looks so great, really next gen feeling
Very proud of suckerpunch

Just finished it, was a great piece of DLC, but the one thing that's really getting on my nerves is the dark border on the screen (mainly in the corners), is there any way of getting rid of it?

DirtyLarry

Just finished it, was a great piece of DLC, but the one thing that's really getting on my nerves is the dark border on the screen (mainly in the corners), is there any way of getting rid of it?
I believe the game had a built in screen size setting to it, and if not, check the PS4's setting and play with the screen size settings there.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I have serious issues with that "hit 5 weak points until timer runs out" challenge. Any idea where is the good place to grind it?

I love chasing lumens. This is how chasing agility orbs should have worked in CD2, not too frustrating but still a challenge.

Not enjoying the missions too much though, there's a critical lack of variety and they are all over far too soon as well as lacking in any real challenge.

Grisby

I love chasing lumens. This is how chasing agility orbs should have worked in CD2, not too frustrating but still a challenge.

Not enjoying the missions too much though, there's a critical lack of variety and they are all over far too soon as well as lacking in any real challenge.
There's not a lot of variety.

I had the most fun in the arena. Fully powered up Fetch is fun to mess around with.
Is this a prequel to Metro: Last Light?
In Soviet Russia lumen chase you!

Grisby

On the subject of the battle arena. You just need to finish the game to unlock it or do you need to do something else ala extra modes in Wolfenstein?
I think you can play it as soon as it's opened up to you. More challenges get added the further you progress in the story.

So, by the end you'll have access to all the arenas.

Just finished it. I loved it. The last 25% of it was incredible and better than just about everything in the main game. THIS is how you do DLC. Fetch is an absolute blast to play as, too. Roaming around the city has never been this fun. Well done, Sucker Punch.

Now to get that platinum. Got most of the trophies down already. Second Son was my first platinum and this is going to be my second. :3

And finished. It was a decent standalone, not as good as FoB, but it was still fun being back in the world and playing as Fetch was fantastic. Didn't much care for the ending though, felt that there should have been more choice, but I guess the lack of choice makes sense in a way.

Anyway, enjoyable standalone, let down by some insanely repetitive gameplay and mission types and not really trying to go anything new like FoB. I did like the races though, there's a lesson here on how CD3 should approach renegade orbs. I hope someone's paying attention.

Oh, and this graffiti was really nice I thought.

Loved the theme, the style. Very nice.

These were pretty cool too,

Does anyone else prefer Fetch to Delsin (gameplay wise?) I like how Fetch focuses on 1 single power, so in the arena i was able to master her controls and moveset and be able to focus on 1 power source. As opposed to Delsin where i would have to hesitate to remember what power does what because im constantly chaning powers according to what power sources i have available.

Cole and Fetch are alot easier to control for me, i feel almost invincible with them, i dont have that confidence with Delsin.

Does anyone else prefer Fetch to Delsin (gameplay wise?) I like how Fetch focuses on 1 single power, so in the arena i was able to master her controls and moveset and be able to focus on 1 power source. As opposed to Delsin where i would have to hesitate to remember what power does what because im constantly chaning powers according to what power sources i have available.

Cole and Fetch are alot easier to control for me, i feel almost invincible with them, i dont have that confidence with Delsin.

Yeah, I didn't much like playing as Delsin. He felt too weak by comparison to Fetch and even Cole. I expect that's due to him only really absorbing only a fraction of other conduit's powers, but I still didn't like how weak he felt.

Saying that, Fetch did feel pretty OP by the end. I didn't mind it as her power did lend itself to being OP, but you're never really in any fear of dying after you hit the halfway point. You can brute force your way through every single encounter and that just makes for a boring game.

Finished story mode. It's frustrating that they created a fairly compelling character like Fetch and didn't find anything interesting to actually do with her, even in a standalone expansion centered around her. Hope they get some stronger writing in whatever they do next.

And again they save some awesome powers until you've finished the game. I guess there's at least the arenas to use them in here but it's still inexplicable that they'd do this again. Why would I not want to use these during the game proper?

Anyway, some shots from my last session

Started and finished the story mode in a single sitting yesterday and managed to pick up most of the other non-Arena trophies. Really enjoyed being back in Seattle and speed of Neon, especially with the gas boosts and air dashes. Fetch is great as always and I liked that they cast Laura Bailey's husband as Shane as I imagine voicing those interactions between the two were fun for them. And I could totally here Ellie all over
Jenny
for obvious reasons. Great game. DUP Fetch is hot.

As we're just getting into fall now, the drizzly weather and tone in First Light felt great. I'm just now starting to go through the challenges and am enjoying that as well, though I've yet to find a good pattern for some of those higher scores I see some of you snagging.

The only small gripe I had was how powerful Fetch was portrayed by the end of First Light because it makes her seem as if she's totally holding out on you during Second Son. It's super minor, but if I were playing this first and then SS, I'd probably be annoyed by that.

Is this a prequel to Metro: Last Light?

lol 8/10 I laughed. August and September have had a lot of Light in them though with First Light, Last Light, and now Destiny bringing us the Light of the Traveler.

Top Bottom