• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Squalor

TlZLuv8

A friend of mine got this
You need to use ".jpg" or ".png" at the end of the URL to imbed the picture.

TlZLuv8.jpg

Mifune

Mehmber
Wow, so for once the game is actually as long as the developer said it would be? Chris Zimmerman said a normal playthrough would take about 10 to 12 hours. That's something like a first.

foxtrot3d

Banned
GAF can you help get me excited for this game, I have zero interest in it. I thought the previous Infamous games were alright but nothing really amazing and so I really have much of a drive to buy Second Son even with the PS4 dry spell, although MGS: GZ will soon correct that.

Am I missing something or what?

Really the only thing inFAMOUS 1 does better than 2 is the story, but overall I would say 2 is the better game.

I'd say the story is better in 2 even. Characters and their performances are MUCH better, particularly Zeke and Cole. Bertrand himself ends becoming an interesting antagonist and the good ending is tough to swallow :(

At this point, the only thing I1 does have is a much more fleshed out sound design and preferred music score

Kuldar

GAF can you help get me excited for this game, I have zero interest in it. I thought the previous Infamous games were alright but nothing really amazing and so I really have much of a drive to buy Second Son even with the PS4 dry spell, although MGS: GZ will soon correct that.

No, inFAMOUS games aren't your cup of tea that's all. You can't like everything.

Loudninja

Wow, so for once the game is actually as long as the developer said it would be? Chris Zimmerman said a normal playthrough would take about 10 to 12 hours. That's something like a first.
Yeah some people said it took them 14 hours its going to varied person to person.

Depends on the reasons why you had a lukewarm response to the previous InFamous games.

From all these impressions we've been hearing, everything about the game is substantially improved, but at the core it still follows the InFamous formula.

So if you had a problem with characters, story, traversal, visuals, production values, etc...but still enjoyed the core aspects of the game, then I see no reason why you wouldn't pick this up?

Seems to be the best title on the PS4 from hearing the impressions of people that have beat it.

Sorian

Banned

This could be a pro or a con but it's looking like the game takes longer than 2 hours to beat.

If you aren't interested than you aren't interested. I'd be excited just on the fact that this is the PS4's first real showing regardless of the genre of game but to each their own

I just bought this on PSN for $59.99. So I miss out on the $10.00 credit by .01 cent? Bastards!

There is usually a couple cents lee-way. I think this is the only thing I did on PSN this week as well and I'm expecting the $10 credit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gotta admit i didnt cared much about the game til i watched a vid a couple of days ago.
GOT DAYUM!!!! It looks amazing and hella fun.

Will get for sure.

Yeah some people said it took them 14 hours its going to varied person to person.

I'll tell you guys right now I am at about 50% and doing everything I have played for about 10 hours, maybe a bit more. Should take about 20 hrs to 100% at least for me, but I like messing around in my games looking at various little easter eggs and such.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'll tell you guys right now I am at about 50% and doing everything I have played for about 10 hours, maybe a bit more. Should take about 20 hrs to 100% at least for me, but I like messing around in my games looking at various little easter eggs and such.

So are you finding Seattle fun to explore?

I never bothered exploring in the past games because the cities were so bland.

Well personally I thought the previous inFamous games were good, not great, but I absolutely love this one. It's too much fun and the story and stuff like that have been improved immensely.

I'm finding it fun to explore. There's so much cool stuff to find! Sometimes I just like walking down alleyways to soak in the atmosphere. This is a very lovingly crafted city!

Sorian

Banned
I don't think so. You could just get a 49 cent avatar. That's probably the cheapest option.

Meh, whatever, as I said I'm sure I'll get the credit even being a cent off since thats how it was in the past. I wasn't even going to get infamous digitally but I won't be home Friday until late at night and I don't want to potentialliy miss being able to play all night just because stores were closed.

To be honest there isn't much to see, the excitement comes from traversal of the city and trying to reach some high points. There are a bunch of shops around that are neat to look at and little easter eggs from Sucker Punch's previous games, but there are also a few parks and landmarks that are recognizable when roaming the city which helps with the overall feel of exploration. It's definitely a step up in that regard from previous games. Atmosphere adds a good amount to exploration as well.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm finding it fun to explore. There's so much cool stuff to find! Sometimes I just like walking down alleyways to soak in the atmosphere. This is a very lovingly crafted city!

Nice, this is good to hear. Because I know that looking at those graphics I'll want to just see the sights.

Dragon

Banned
Meh, whatever, as I said I'm sure I'll get the credit even being a cent off since thats how it was in the past. I wasn't even going to get infamous digitally but I won't be home Friday until late at night and I don't want to potentialliy miss being able to play all night just because stores were closed.

You could order it online if you want to buy physical. Amazon release day delivery has been pretty good for me in the past.

Mifune

Mehmber
To be honest there isn't much to see, the excitement comes from traversal of the city and trying to reach some high points. There are a bunch of shops around that are neat to look at and little easter eggs from Sucker Punch's previous games, but there are also a few parks and landmarks that are recognizable when roaming the city which helps with the overall feel of exploration. It's definitely a step up in that regard from previous games. Atmosphere adds a good amount to exploration as well.

Cool, thanks for the impressions.

GravyButt

I do the same. Im also finding it fun to do all the little side stuff. Usually it annoys me in games but im enjoying finding different ways to traverse. Also, some npcs are very vocal and I thoroughly enjoy destroying them.

Jigolo

Thats for one playthrough which is perfect for me.
~20 hours for 100% on evil
~15 for good since all blast shards would be found during evil playthrough

d00d3n

Tried to google, but found nothing. Does anyone know if/when Second Son will be available to pre-order in European psn stores?

lmbotiva

for those who have the game already, can you please give an honest opinion about the game looks? sometimes screenshots can be deceiving and once the game starts moving all the beauty comes apart, im so hyped for this game i just want someone to tell me its ok to be hyped or lower your expectations a little

Sorian

Banned
You could order it online if you want to buy physical. Amazon release day delivery has been pretty good for me in the past.

I don't know what it is about where I live but Amazon has fucked up more deliveries than ever since I've moved here. Infamous is not something that I want to have to wait on, plus I already pre-ordered it through PSN so they have my money locked.

Top Bottom