• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Undiscovery info/news thread

Wow, I really almost doubted this game for a second, but man. I want this so bad right now it isn't even funny.

This game, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4 and I hope Cry On will finally be revealed or more mistwalker titles.

Seems Tri-Ace was serious when they said they were trying to make this their best game yet. :D

Ok so against my better judgement of hating AI controlled party members and having been burned badly already by Star Ocean 3 I'm willing to give this a try and see if it fits with me.

I move ahead with cautious optimism.

ivysaur12

Banned
Besides Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, I haven't been too keen on tri-Ace's PSX and PS2 RPGs. I want to like this, but I feel like I'm going to fall into the same trap again.

Good thread though, you're making me consider purchasing it.

Can't wait for this and Vesperia. Two high quality (hopefully) RPG's released back to back. Awesome.

Hopefully at E3 some more decent RPG's are announced. Not nearly enough this gen so far.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I updated the first post with links to the gameplay demonstration and the official JP site.

Quazar

duckroll said:
tri-Ace always has "interesting" bosses. Remember the fight with the giant squid in VP2? Or the wyvern fight at the top of the mountain. I expect stuff like that. Situation Battles are essentially the evolution of those sort of boss fights imo.

Famitsu 360 usually hits on the last Friday of every month I think. Why?

Cause I never see the threads anymore. But than again I guess nothing much in them to talk about. But atleast I know when to bug you now. lol :p

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looks really generic in both visual style and gameplay (and story), but could still be fun.

I really wish we saw some original RPG setting tho:(

Error

Ether_Snake said:
Looks really generic in both visual style and gameplay (and story), but could still be fun.

Generic? What other JRPG has the gameplay mechanics IU has?

Ether_Snake said:

360 RPGs always seem to have that problem. Darn it. :)

I can't wait for when all the unique, non-generic rpgs start releasing for the Playstation 3 since all the 360 seems to ever get are the generic ones.

/sarcasm.

FrankT

Ether_Snake said:

Whatever this is supposed to mean, sorry, just no.

Ether_Snake said:

shit I know dude. this game is like a replica of...
...of
of...of...

JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SIR

Cianalas

Do we have any info on how many discs this is going to be yet? I worry the US will get another horrible case like we did with BD and LO.

Error

Cianalas said:
Do we have any info on how many discs this is going to be yet? I worry the US will get another horrible case like we did with BD and LO.

Seriously though, probably 2 discs. Also this is SE publishing, doubt we'll get a crappy case.

Joule

Rpgmonkey said:
Aaanyway, I assume like in usual tri-Ace fashion, we won't be able to recruit all 18 at once?
I doubt it in this case as losing party members also means losing potentially unique connect actions and abilities which are more important here than all other tri-Ace games (considering the environmental/situational interaction).

jj984jj said:
Holy fuck I just saw this weeks scans with Gustav! Very nice! :D :D

Yes, nothing beats having a giant bear around to kick the shit out of anything and everything. Party diversity looks like it is going to be amazing.

It has me wondering what other surprising party members might join Capel. Cough cough... Hrist!

Error

There are a few characters that although they haven't been officially revealed yet, you can see them in the trailer and guess what their class is. Komachi (a female ninja) and Toma (A male samurai)

Error said:
There are a few characters that although they haven't been officially revealed yet, you can see them in the trailer and guess what their class is. Komachi (a female ninja) and Toma (A male samurai)

A ninja! *faints*

duckroll

2 DVDs confirmed from the official site. The preorder bonus for the JP release is a CD called "Square Enix x Xbox360 Sound Collections" with tracks from IU, SO4 and TLR.

Rpgmonkey

duckroll said:
2 DVDs confirmed from the official site. The preorder bonus for the JP release is a CD called "Square Enix x Xbox360 Sound Collections" with tracks from IU, SO4 and TLR.

:O

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
They also confirm that there will be DLC, I wonder if it will be just items or something more meaty.

boco77

Banned
The game will be set in a
holodeck and be actually a sequel thats pretending to be a prequel to VP1.

boco77

Banned
Infinite Undiscovery's official Japanese site says that the Square Enix 360-exclusive JRPG will come on two DVDs.

Cooool :D

Top Bottom