• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Warfare's MP is an embarrassing copy of Black Ops 3

Bergerac

People would be hyped for MW2R I imagine (especially if they just did small fixes like One Man Army Noob tube).
So they could do that in 3 years for sure.

However, MW3? That's when the series started to did. I don't think MW3 would make people go. OH HELL YES! MW3 REMASERED!

If COD IW is a miss in story/multiplayer, they pretty much have one more shot of getting it right (if it includes MW2R)

After that all they could do is redo MW/MW2 again. lol. Some people might say they could do COD2, but the newer COD fans really wouldn't care.

It's by far the most playable of the three games thanks to the streak systems. I still play it daily. There are so many roles to play in that game.

So, no, I'd look forward to a remake (not remaster) of MW3 just as much as MW2.

Nags

Banned
it's crazy that the even kept small things like the yellow bar/font when you get a scorestreak. usually the games from the different developers would all have their own typefaces and stuff.

look at how Infinite Warfare uses the exact same typeface and yellow bar as Black Ops 3 for the "UAV READY" message. not only that, look at how similar the UIs are (forgive the bad quality of the screenshots, they're random screengrabs from youtube):

now compare that to the three CoD games that came out before Black Ops 3. they all had similar placements, but they all used their own fonts, layout and style. not to mention that each of these 3 games had their own distinct mechanics and gameplay styles.

man, i miss the days when Treyarch and Infinity Ward's games felt different from each other. now it seems like the CoD games are even more interchangeable than they've ever have been.

Jesus Christ. They aren't even trying anymore.

Sorral

it's crazy that the even kept small things like the yellow bar/font when you get a scorestreak. usually the games from the different developers would all have their own typefaces and stuff.

look at how Infinite Warfare uses the exact same typeface and yellow bar as Black Ops 3 for the "UAV READY" message. not only that, look at how similar the UIs are (forgive the bad quality of the screenshots, they're random screengrabs from youtube):

now compare that to the three CoD games that came out before Black Ops 3. they all had similar placements, but they all used their own fonts, layout and style. not to mention that each of these 3 games had their own distinct mechanics and gameplay styles.

man, i miss the days when Treyarch and Infinity Ward's games felt different from each other. now it seems like the CoD games are even more interchangeable than they've ever have been.

THANK YOU for pointing this out. I knew I was forgetting something. When I saw that same font in the trailer I couldn't even believe it.

Isn't the UI for all of them is basically made by Raven now?

Not sure if already mentioned. Late to the thread

I just don't want to get shot in the back anymore. Does every room have to have 5 entrances?

In my opinion, multiple entrances is a GOOD thing for a game like this.

It attempts to alleviate camping around heavily trafficked areas and forces players to pay more attention to their surroundings and build better map awareness.

You are getting shot in the back because you aren't paying attention.

It attempts to alleviate camping around heavily trafficked areas and forces players to pay more attention to their surroundings and build better map awareness.

Some maps are way too small where you'll spawn, walk 5 feet and die immediately. They need larger maps and to bring back footsteps so we can actually hear a 600lb master chief sprinting behind us or around the corner.

Some maps are way too small where you'll spawn, walk 5 feet and die immediately. They need larger maps and to bring back footsteps so we can actually hear a 600lb master chief sprinting behind us or around the corner.

Footsteps have generally been shit in CoD for a while now. I hope to god Raven doesn't fuck up the stampeding elephant footstep sounds in MWR. IW had it right with MW1 and 2.

Footsteps have generally been shit in CoD for a while now. I hope to god Raven doesn't fuck up the stampeding elephant footstep sounds in MWR. IW had it right with MW1 and 2.

Treyarch started it, IIRC. It shouldn't be so blatant like MW3, but my God, I should be able to hear a guy running full speed behind me or around the corner.

I kind of liked the IW beta. Should I just cancel my pre-order and get a full copy of BLOPS3?

You should wait and see what issues persist with IW once it launches. If it's the same as the beta and you're willing to deal with it, go for it.

Black Ops 3 has its issues, but it feels like a polished product compared to this.

Fury451

Banned
I really like the series a lot, but yeah, this is the first time I can say it looks wholly derivative of a previous game.

Yes I know it's popular to say that about all of them, but at least there's been different feels to some of the other games.

Hip Hop

I seriously don't know what Infinity Ward is doing, even after acquiring all that new talent.

At this point, they are a liability for Activision.

Ghosts did damage to the brand, and Infinite Warfare has the potential to do the same.

I kind of liked the IW beta. Should I just cancel my pre-order and get a full copy of BLOPS3?

I would, especially when it's cheap nowadays.
Wouldn't be surprised after Infinite Warfare came out and people try it, they will be back to Black Ops 3.

sugarman

Fair enough, I guess I just prefer small maps like Nuketown and Grind where you don't see that.

mephixto

Banned
I was watching some streams and the maps feel very bland, lifeless, uninspired like the "fake" nuketown in blops 2 but without the fun.

Raiden

Banned
Infinity Ward got us two great games with Modern Warfare 1 and 2. But it was clear since Black Ops 1 that this was the new king. Black Ops 3 really surprised me with tight and fun gunplay and solid level design. I think ill skip this year and go hard in the next one with the Scorpio and a 4K tv.

Lucifon

It looks so similar as if they only had 1 year to make it, not 3. Very odd and disappointing. Blops3 is probably my most disliked cod they've ever put out. Baffled it got some of the love I've seen. Every one of the 3 pillars felt unrefined to me.

It looks so similar as if they only had 1 year to make it, not 3. Very odd and disappointing. Blops3 is probably my most disliked cod they've ever put out. Baffled it got some of the love I've seen. Every one of the 3 pillars felt unrefined to me.

I'm gonna take a wild guess that most of the work most have gone to the campaign. Because honestly it looks pretty damn good for a COD campaign. But we'll see in a few weeks if that's the case.

pompidu

Cod4 was goat, and got progressively more insane with more ridiculous kill streak instead of keeping it simple. It's all been downhill from there, the exo/jump pack shit is terrible.

Just watching twitch streams , looks like a copy paste job.

Also fuck Activision for putting the mw remake behind this game.

Pay attention. You can do anything an enemy can do. My guess is you haven't put much time into any recent COD game.

rubes7844

Banned
I went 5 for 19 in my last match. Usually, I'm awful in most FPS games but it's fun enough for me to continue. I didn't find that this time. There's something about the MP that's off with me. I don't know how I'm dying after 2 shots and I empty the clip and the motherfucker is still alive.

rubes7844

Banned
Cod4 was goat, and got progressively more insane with more ridiculous kill streak instead of keeping it simple. It's all been downhill from there, the exo/jump pack shit is terrible.

Just watching twitch streams , looks like a copy paste job.

Also fuck Activision for putting the mw remake behind this game.

In activision's defense, MWR is fucking fantastic.

I just hope i can get mwr without iw. This is my least favorite cod. I thought it couldnt get worse than ghost or AW but i was wrong.

Pay attention. You can do anything an enemy can do. My guess is you haven't put much time into any recent COD game.

Doesn't make it right at all, though. I skipped Ghosts, didn't enjoy AW due to the randomness and chaos but put in a decent amount of time in BO3. At least with BO3, the enemy placement was more predictable and you actually had time to breathe after spawning.

You've quoted me in the other thread, but I'm actually a decent console FPS player. At least better than your average* player (2.0/20%+ accuracy). I understand (or understood) the "logic" of how spawns worked and where the heavily populated areas were.

Timu

I went 5 for 19 in my last match. Usually, I'm awful in most FPS games but it's fun enough for me to continue. I didn't find that this time. There's something about the MP that's off with me. I don't know how I'm dying after 2 shots and I empty the clip and the motherfucker is still alive.
Looks like poor netcode yet again.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
99% sure the core talent left to respawn.

WTF

Yep. http://www.cynicalsmirk.com/who_remains_at_infinity_ward.html List isn't updated even.

And LOL at that tweet. I know it's a bug but it just made my day. Ha-ha!

Seems every complaint for the beta is fixed by "git gud" according to some of the posters defending it. Makes me think some of them are trashing people in the game so by that alone, the game is "good."

Still want to see the final build and what changes are made.

Lucifon

I'm gonna take a wild guess that most of the work most have gone to the campaign. Because honestly it looks pretty damn good for a COD campaign. But we'll see in a few weeks if that's the case.

It does look pretty good, I'm hoping it's a fun blockbuster ride after the absolute shitshow that was Blops3's campaign. The only CoD campaign I never finished. With a solid campaign and MW:R multiplayer I'll be happy.

I honestly don't understand why Activision commissioned 3 different studios to make practically the same game. The worst part is there's absolutely no cohesion between the games either due to them trying to do different takes on the same time era, making each game feel like a cheap ripoff of the last instead of at least a continuation.

The games will sell regardless of time period so they could at least mix up it up and have something like:

Treyarch - Past
Infinity Ward - Present
Sledgehammer - Future

What the OP says about the MP being the same as the last CoD has been true for every game. All the same new stuff, plus a few of its own. But this...wow.

It's a shame! As much as I don't like the series, it's letting it's fans down.

T.O.P

Banned
Seems like they could use some help getting even the few things they came up with to work right, so I'm not entirely shocked.

https://twitter.com/kennycide/status/788068794803425280

lnwh.gif

YES.

As someone who has played COD competitively since MW, I am opposed to the new-school cods and boosting etc, I much prefer boots on ground gameplay, but even I had to admit that black ops 3 is a greatly designed game.

Magwik

Banned
What the OP says about the MP being the same as the last CoD has been true for every game. All the same new stuff, plus a few of its own. But this...wow.

It's a shame! As much as I don't like the series, it's letting it's fans down.
IW and BO3 are probably the closest CoD games have been to being the same. Yes it's still Call of Duty, but each game generally has its own unique identity as well as how the game plays out.

It's funny that I see this thread because yesterday my friends and I were talking about this exactly. I mentioned how I was letdown by the beta and that the movement, the jumps and wall running felt pulled directly outta BOPs 3.

I even defended CoD saying how last gen I gave it shit because essentially it was the same game over and over with a few tweaks here and there but this gen, Activision and the devs (Sledgehammer, Treyarch and IW) had really gone out of their way to make each CoD game feel different. Ghosts wasn't the best, Advanced Warfare felt fresh and although MP was loved by all it was different enough to shake things up a bit. After the original Titanfall, BOPs 3 felt like a refinement on Respawn's debut shooter and the MP was a blast.

Infinite Warfare bucks that trend and feels like a BoPs 3 ripoff plain and simple. I'm sure the campaign will be rock solid.

I wonder if Activision will show the numbers of folks playing MWR MP vs the folks playing IW MP, that's something I'd like to see. I for one pre-ordered IW just for MWR.

nOoblet16

I honestly don't understand why Activision commissioned 3 different studios to make practically the same game. The worst part is there's absolutely no cohesion between the games either due to them trying to do different takes on the same time era, making each game feel like a cheap ripoff of the last instead of at least a continuation.

The games will sell regardless of time period so they could at least mix up it up and have something like:

Treyarch - Past
Infinity Ward - Present
Sledgehammer - Future
Future should have stayed with Treyarch since they were the first one to make the jump with BO2.

Future should have stayed with Treyarch since they were the first one to make the jump with BO2.
This is exactly what I hoped would happen when other devs came in. You would have a distinct split. But the split doesn't support a yearly schedule as they want everyone to buy them all so they all take from the previous game and try to make it fit. Black Ops 3 ended up completely irrelevant to the first 2, and don't try to tell me about "maybe" or Easter egg, guys!

Top Bottom