• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2 being renamed, might tie into recent Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Like clockwork.

07-minister.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos never actually gets the gauntlet. The first movie would be set-up and the second movie would be a race to stop Thanos from getting the gems and creating the gauntlet.

He'll get it, pretty much storytelling 101 that someone has to obtain it and use it.

Why would they copy the comic book twist, which has become a meme purely for how dumb and nonsensical it is?

I see you're unfamiliar with Civil War's source material then.

Seriously though they won't do this because the comic run literally JUST started, there isn't any way they'd be able to do it. Hydra is a non-factor in the MCU at this point.

Cuburt

Where is the news?

This is nothing but fan speculation piled on top of fan speculation of people reading far too into things.

We moviepilot.com now?

Call Bobby Roberts.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Where is the news?

This is nothing but fan speculation piled on top of fan speculation of people reading far too into things.

We moviepilot.com now?

Call Bobby Roberts.

Can't even speculate on rumors now?

Gun Animal

He'll get it, pretty much storytelling 101 that someone has to obtain it and use it.

at this point i feel like there's zero chance of these movies actually getting it right (a loose adaptation of Thanos Quest followed by a very strict adaptation of Infinity Gauntlet with Adam Warlock, Doctor Strange and Nebula playing their respective parts in the story and setting up a Magus/Goddess plot in phase 4) So at this point I'm just staying hopeful that they won't make huge, movie-ruining mistakes like:

-Thanos never actually getting to use the full gauntlet
-Thanos being defeated via brute force rather than schemes/psychological manipulation
-Thanos having an army of mooks for the avengers to fill up screen time fighting
-Not depicting Lady Death as a literal entity
-Replacing Nebula with Scarlet Witch
-Replacing Adam Warlock with Vision (aaaaaaaa)

dpunk3

There is literally no way Cap is Hydra in the MCU. Not even 0.000001% chance.

Also there is no way to reconcile the current X-Men canon and the MCU, so it would have to be a new reimagining of Wolverine. And the public just wouldn't be ready for that until a couple years after Jackson officially retires.

You mean Hugh Jackman?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Fox,

Please be smart. Give Wolverine to the Russo's. Trust us.

Signed,
Everyone

Nope. I wanna see the 90s Xmen movie for one more Quicksilver music video set piece extravaganza boogaloo. Also Jackman needs one more Fox movie as a final peace out.

Then sure they can do what they want.

Parallax

might as well start speculating when Marvel is going to adapt the Gwen/Osborne sex scene, that happened in the comics right? That means its going to happen in the movies, oh no.

Hey, you never know. But discussion can veer off from bs like it has in this and most speculation threads.

ezekial45

Banned
They should just call the second part Marvel: Infinity War or Marvel's Infinity War. I'd imagine it will feature an ensemble of every Marvel movie hero from the last 10 years, so they might as well do just be general about it. Plus it'll sound more epic.

Cuburt

Can't even speculate on rumors now?

Can we speculate on the rumor that BronsonLee is the frontrunner to be cast as Thanos's evil twin in Infinity War?

Source: ass-pull

Kevin Feige hinted at the possibility of a second Thanos before
There are two different gloves. That was not Odin’s vault that you see at the end.

I heard someone on Reddit say that they heard from Joss Whedon's top assistant that they will name the character "Dawrkseyde"

That deserves a new thread, right?

Parallax

Can we speculate on the rumor that BronsonLee is the frontrunner to be cast as Thanos's evil twin in Infinity War?

Source: ass-pull

Kevin Feige hinted at the possibility of a second Thanos before

I heard someone on Reddit say that they heard from Joss Whedon's top assistant that they will name the character "Dawrkseyde"

That deserves a new thread, right?

If concepts deviating from the initial bullshit happens in the thread, I don't see why not.

Or a rumors thread can be created and put an end to all this

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They can piss right off if they try to do the Captain America: Secret Nazi thing in the movies. I'd hope Evans would refuse to do it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I know the comics just did the stupidity, but how the hell will they explain Cap being able to wield Thor's Hammer? It's been set up in the MCU.

Thor a secret Nazi too?

Shaanyboi

Banned
That's literally what Infinity Gems are for. Fitting mutants into the MCU is a layup.
Thanos' plan with the Infinity Gauntlet is to... introduce mutants into the MCU?

Just have the Xmen walk into a portal alternate timeline thing. Wouldn't require much work.
...There's actually a lot of work involved with that, actually. FOX has to surrender the rights, and at this point after Deadpool, that won't happen. Even if Apocalypse underperforms, they're going to hold onto Deadpool for dear life.

She ain't a mutant in the moviies. Hell, she's not even a mutant in the comics anymore, is she? Like the whole "Magneto's daughter" thing was a lie.

Thanos' plan with the Infinity Gauntlet is to... introduce mutants into the MCU?

...There's actually a lot of work involved with that, actually. FOX has to surrender the rights, and at this point after Deadpool, that won't happen. Even if Apocalypse underperforms, they're going to hold onto Deadpool for dear life.

She ain't a mutant in the moviies. Hell, she's not even a mutant in the comics anymore, is she? Like the whole "Magneto's daughter" thing was a lie.
Pretty sure they changed that in the comics as an even bigger "Fuck you" to Fox.

The Kree

Banned

I didn't say it was anybodys plan. I said the gems could make it happen. Altering realities is their function.

The Kree

Banned
I would suspect Wanda gets her hands on one and does something drastic. (Quicksilver resurrection?)
Bringing people back to life in that way creates some storytelling problems they might not want to deal with. That's essentially playing god and the line has to be drawn somewhere for the heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom