• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2 being renamed, might tie into recent Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gun Animal

everyone needs to calm down about hydra-cap, it's the result of the Red Skull getting into timeline shenanigans with the cosmic cube and probably won't last for more than a few issues. They actually could do it in a movie featuring the time gem/stone, as something that would only last for an act or so before being reversed.

For example, imagine Thanos using the Gauntlet to rewrite Cap's timeline and make him change sides, simply as a show of omnipotence. It would most likely get reversed within minutes, but still.

I would suspect Wanda gets her hands on one and does something drastic. (Quicksilver resurrection?)

if they give Wanda Nebula's job I'm going to leave the theater i swear to heck

I honestly don't understand why we keep getting Infinity War news like it's some huge big thing that we didn't already know Marvel was doing.

Tron 2.0

These are awfully dumb rumors.

It's clear that Deadline isn't scooping that next Avengers movie is going to be called "Avengers 3," but that they are simply referring to it that way since it's no longer called Infinity War 1 and is, chronologically, the third Avengers movie

EYEL1NER

They should just call the second part Marvel: Infinity War or Marvel's Infinity War. I'd imagine it will feature an ensemble of every Marvel movie hero from the last 10 years, so they might as well do just be general about it. Plus it'll sound more epic.
I too like the sound of Marvel: Infinity War. It definintly drives home the idea that is a big MCU crossover.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Those guys are nuts if they think Infinity Wars is going to have a Captain America that's a secret Hydra agent, they're been building to this point since 2008, they're not going to ruin it on something so dumb.

KevinCow

Banned
These are awfully dumb rumors.

It's clear that Deadline isn't scooping that next Avengers movie is going to be called "Avengers 3," but that they are simply referring to it that way since it's no longer called Infinity War 1 and is, chronologically, the third Avengers movie

Seriously. People are reading into that line way too much.

Abounder

Banned
Captain Hydra? Has Marvel learned nothing from wrestling's Sgt Slaughter, you don't make the hero turn heel

slaughter-and-adnan.jpg

I thought the third Avengers movie was called Avengers Phallics.

Honestly, making Captain America what was recently released in the comics would just completely kill what interest I have left in the MCU. The MCU is already greatly soured and uninteresting to me when there was going to be no more Peggy Carter; I can't take Steve being completely 180 of what I originally though he was. It's what I hated about LOST giving John Locke a new direction. Nope, nope, nope.

Those guys are nuts if they think Infinity Wars is going to have a Captain America that's a secret Hydra agent, they're been building to this point since 2008, they're not going to ruin it on something so dumb.

They won't do something this dumb, sure, but I think people way overestimate how far in advance Marvel thinks of their films.

lupinko

Bringing people back to life in that way creates some storytelling problems they might not want to deal with. That's essentially playing god and the line has to be drawn somewhere for the heroes.

Whedon already debated bringing Quicksilver back at the end of AoU for the final shot but decided otherwise to give it more impact.

Thanos' plan with the Infinity Gauntlet is to... introduce mutants into the MCU?

...There's actually a lot of work involved with that, actually. FOX has to surrender the rights, and at this point after Deadpool, that won't happen. Even if Apocalypse underperforms, they're going to hold onto Deadpool for dear life.
Of course, tons of issues on that side of things. I'm saying, its a comic book movie they wouldn't need to do a lot story wise to make it work.

You have a picture for everything.

Mudcrab

We could have had Remender's own version of Secret Invasion? Anyway this leads credence to theory about Red Skull, Professor X and Cap since what's happening now is smaller version of Remender's original pitch.

Fox,

Please be smart. Give Wolverine to the Russo's. Trust us.

Signed,
Everyone

Never gonna happen. Having Scarlet Witch tear open portals into multiple Spiderverses and bringing in Maguire Spidey, Garfield Spidey, and Donald Glover as Miles Morales would be a safer bet than bringing Fox along.

lupinko

Never gonna happen. Having Scarlet Witch tear open portals into multiple Spiderverses and bringing in Maguire Spidey, Garfield Spidey, and Donald Glover as Miles Morales would be a safer bet than bringing Fox along.

Never say never, Miller and Kinberg have been making bridges to Marvel recently. Also those two are good friends with Feige. And Kinberg is also involved in Star Wars as a producer.

CazTGG

You say multiverses, but wait until we find out in Homecoming that the Tom Holland Spider-Man is actually the clone, the Maguire Spidey was the real one the entire time and Garfield Spidey is Kaine!

Someone needs to make this happen.

LaNaranja

Would Civil War even happen if Quicksilver was alive? He's too OP, he'd just knock Crossbones the fuck out before he could even reach for the detonator...

All the New Avengers weren't even in Crossbones scene. They left out the two biggest guns (War Machine and Vision) because either one of them could have handled that mission on their own.

he'd be the first to get knocked out cause his power is annoying to write around

Having Quicksilver in the airport scene might have given Vision someone to try to deal with instead of having him disappear until the plot needed him.

longdi

Banned
Not to mention the
only Hydra agents in the film are there to be in hiding/on ice and get murdered.

What if Cap was racing to retrieve those long-lost agents to prevent Zemo from stealing them?? The stopping them was a guise and all....

Cap was a dick in CW, so the Hydra twist is not entirely impossibru in MCU....

Shaanyboi

Banned
Having Quicksilver in the airport scene might have given Vision someone to try to deal with instead of having him disappear until the plot needed him.

Except Vision wasn't trying really to fight anyone except for one hit on Giant Man. He lasers the ground to stop Cap's team, he blocks a bus being tossed at BP, and shooting down a tower to block Cap and Bucky's access to the plane.

And yet his one real shot on anyone, directed towards
Falcon's jetpack, misses and ends up crippling Rhodey.
Out of everyone, he's the least inclined towards violence, vengeance, pride, or anything of the sort.
And yet he's the one that does the most damage.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I think the Russo's have been very persistent in their struggle to get the last stupid out of MCU. They managed to eliminate SHIELD and Hydra with just one movie. No way in hell they're bringing Hydra back for one of the worst twists ever.

Articles like this proves that the thirst for MCU movies is real. Trying to create news where there is none.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think the Russo's have been very persistent in their struggle to get the last stupid out of MCU. They managed to eliminate SHIELD and Hydra with just one movie. No way in hell they're bringing Hydra back for one of the worst twists ever.

Articles like this proves that the thirst for MCU movies is real. Trying to create news where there is none.
They didn't eliminate Hydra.

Sheroking

Dumb rumors. DO NOT WANT!!

Don't you dare touching MCU Cap with that filthy storyline from the comics.

I mean... it doesn't really get shittier than comic Civil War. That worked out fine.

It totally isn't happening, though. Hydra is basically stamped out.

Shaanyboi

Banned
In terms of the films they have.

Shield/Hydra still exist in the TV shows, but as CA: CW shows former Hydra Agents are in hiding. And TV show Hydra could've used four other Winter Soldiers. The disconnect is jarring.
...but Hydra was also in Age of Ultron.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
In terms of the films they have.

Shield/Hydra still exist in the TV shows, but as CA: CW shows former Hydra Agents are in hiding. And TV show Hydra could've used four other Winter Soldiers. The disconnect is jarring.

I gave up after five episodes of the show AoS. I've heard it gets better but all I see is hours lost with nothing gained. As far as I'm concerned Russo's killed them and Whedon brought them back for one last romp. Nothing that will be missed. The fewer conspiracy organisations the better MCU is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom