• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward are now insulting their fans it seems. Why do companies insult their customers? This continues to be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind. I think this was someone who wrote their own tweet and used it as a thumbnail. I can't find evidence of the actual tweet, and it doesn't appear in the video. A mod can delete this thread, or rename it to something like "Infinity Ward continue to ignore feedback from the MW2 beta."

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They have said a couple of times they wasn't changing the mini map as they didn't want to punish people for shooting a gun

People need to just let it go

let it go GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I understand why they won't change it. I imagine they would prefer people to use sound and game sense to engage other players than staring at red dots on a mini map and chasing them.
Ig you google it, Sledgehammer said the same for Vanguard. No red dots on the map mean people will stop camping for red dot enemies that pop up. People will hunt for kills. Well, at least that's the theory.

I understand why they won't change it. I imagine they would prefer people to use sound and game sense to engage other players than staring at red dots on a mini map and chasing them.
That's always been what silencers are there for. Use one and it keeps you off the map, but reduces your range which puts you as a slight disadvantage at some ranges during a gunfight. Nothing was broke, but they "fixed" it anyway. Same with dead silence. They're taking away optional playstyles for no good reason.

But they are being very diplomatic about it, I'll give them that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's always been what silencers are there for. Use one and it keeps you off the map, but reduces your range which puts you as a slight disadvantage at some ranges during a gunfight. Nothing was broke, but they "fixed" it anyway. Same with dead silence. They're taking away optional playstyles for no good reason.

What happened is reckless gamers without silencer attachments whined theyre getting shot up too much by people strategically picking them off.

All those gamers have to do attach silencer, but they pick some other part to their gun.

Some of these noobs probably dont even know there's silencers or are too lazy to read what they do, so they end up as red dot targets ripe for killing.

Kagey K

Banned

I loved playing steath "silencer, cold blooded muted footsteps" and being a stealth killer running around the map. I'll be disappointed if that setup is nerfed. I havent played since MW2019 so I don't even know how effective it's been the last couple games.

HTK

Banned
Again, every decision made by Infinity Ward is to help shitty players not get run over. That is it, that’s CoD franchise in a nutshell. It will always remain a casual experience and to expect something more is to lead yourself to be disappointed.

PSYGN

Lol, I knew they'd have to fuck around with the game somehow. It's the problem of a long-standing series and creatives wanting to put their unnecessary twist on things or trying to fix a non-issue (obvious to all of us that DO play the game). What these idiots don't understand is that their playerbase doesn't care if they are served the same damn game at it's core, just freshen it up with new maps, guns, and unlockables for the yearly grind. I'm surprised there isn't a "Ten CoDmandments" in CoD studios, yet, with the top one to leave the minimap the fuck alone... yet every other CoD game tries to do something different with it or remove it altogether only to put it back.

I mean, imagine going to your fast food restaurant and every other year they remove the classic meals that everyone expects, without telling you. You ask them about it and they go "because we want your tastebuds to explore something different"... sorry CoD, but people aren't going to you guys for fresh ideas, like it or not you are the (delicious) junk food of the gaming industry - quit being selfish and serve the people what they want. Yeah, you can try out new things on the side, but you don't change the sauces. Just stop it.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
People are just always scared of change.

I like the changes. I’m tired of the old way. I like the heavier controls, slower movements, mini-map change and all.
I’m all for change and I easily adapt to them personally, I just don’t like them dumbing down the game even more for the lowest common denominator player, it’s annoying.

If it was up to Infinity Ward I feel like they would reward a player 1 kill for every 30 seconds they stay alive so they feel rewarded and relevant.

clarky

Gold Member
Lol, I knew they'd have to fuck around with the game somehow. It's the problem of a long-standing series and creatives wanting to put their unnecessary twist on things or trying to fix a non-issue (obvious to all of us that DO play the game). What these idiots don't understand is that their playerbase doesn't care if they are served the same damn game at it's core, just freshen it up with new maps, guns, and unlockables for the yearly grind. I'm surprised there isn't a "Ten CoDmandments" in CoD studios, yet, with the top one to leave the minimap the fuck alone... yet every other CoD game tries to do something different with it or remove it altogether only to put it back.

I mean, imagine going to your fast food restaurant and every other year they remove the classic meals that everyone expects, without telling you. You ask them about it and they go "because we want your tastebuds to explore something different"... sorry CoD, but people aren't going to you guys for fresh ideas, like it or not you are the (delicious) junk food of the gaming industry - quit being selfish and serve the people what they want. Yeah, you can try out new things on the side, but you don't change the sauces. Just stop it.
I've not played MW2019 in ages but the mini map in that game functioned exactly the same? so aside from changing the perk system things are exactly as you describe? (unless my memory fails me).

Seems to me they are just doubling down on what was the most successful COD ever. Make complete sense to me, why cater to the vocal 2%?

HTK

Banned
I've not played MW2019 in ages but the mini map in that game functioned exactly the same? so aside from changing the perk system things are exactly as you describe? (unless my memory fails me).

Seems to me they are just doubling down on what was the most successful COD ever. Make complete sense to me, why cater to the vocal 2%?
Sure the marketing machine did it’s thing back in 2019 when folks were drooling for a modern setting, player retention was awful in that game for the multiplayer. MW2019 for majority of the player base was on Warzone.

Kagey K

Banned
Sure the marketing machine did it’s thing back in 2019 when folks were drooling for a modern setting, player retention was awful in that game for the multiplayer. MW2019 for majority of the player base was on Warzone.
Hasn't that been true since Warzone launched, and remains true for every CoD since?

clarky

Gold Member
That's just simply not correct. It still pulls over half a million CCU's a day unless the tracking websites are mistaken.

decisions

To me this situation demonstrates how much of a tough position IW is in. They are obviously a super-talented studio but they are dealing with Activision’s main property and they have the dumbest fanbase in existence.

Here they have proposed what is to me an obvious improvement. Red dots on minimap makes the muzzle attachment slot completely useless since most people will run a silencer like always, and without the red dots you have to use audio, communication, and game sense to find your enemies. In response we have a bunch of babies crying that the game isn’t as braindead as the last one: “Why can’t you just tell me where the enemies are so I don’t have to think or learn anything???”

IW is an ambitious studio (evidenced by their pristine execution in some areas like weapon animations) shackled to a franchise that does not allow them to create much of anything.

Last edited:
Here they have proposed what is to me an obvious improvement. Red dots on minimap makes the muzzle attachment slot completely useless since most people will run a silencer like always, and without the red dots you have to use audio, communication, and game sense to find your enemies. In response we have a bunch of babies crying that the game isn’t as braindead as the last one: “Why can’t you just tell me where the enemies are so I don’t have to think or learn anything???”
Do you play these games? Because I think the change only makes it even easier to hide in a corner and shoot people as they walk by. You can tell a shot came from a certain direction, but you can't tell what room they're in, or what corner of what room. People used to be able to play that way, but they'd have to use a silencer which could put them at a disadvantage in a gunfight.

But the no dead silence thing I personally think is even worse. To each their own, though.

What is this, did they announce a new call of duty skin?
That is Rex of Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, and Toy Story 4 fame. Voice actor sounds similar to the guy in that video. Dude sounds like Rex. I explained it so we can all act like we had a laugh. Ha

Last edited:

Rac3r

Then why not make accuracy wildly uneven for half a second after jumping? Why punish players for moving, and reward players for sitting in a corner?

Exactly. Instead of fixing the most abused tactic in the game, they decide to cut a core feature? They remove slide cancelling and red dots “to protect newcomers”, but you can still aim with perfect precision after jumping around a corner?

Over 3000 people at Activision worked on this game, what a fucking joke.

clarky

Gold Member
Exactly. Instead of fixing the most abused tactic in the game, they decide to cut a core feature? They remove slide cancelling and red dots “to protect newcomers”, but you can still aim with perfect precision after jumping around a corner?

Over 3000 people at Activision worked on this game, what a fucking joke.
This is the follow up to 2019, a game with no red dots. Slide cancelling was fucking stupid, gives me a brain hemorrhage just watching it, good riddance. Hopefully they nerf the jumping around corners before release as well.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
This is the follow up to 2019, a game with no red dots. Slide cancelling was fucking stupid, gives me a brain hemorrhage just watching it, good riddance hopefully they nerf the jumping around corners before release as well.
Just get in a game with any streamer and they will tell you where everyone is with the rampant wall hack cheating.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
The "community" is super toxic and basically demanding that IW listen to every demand. Spoilt children who've grown up on social media and think that they can always get what they want.

It's a small (but vocal) group too, given the sheer amount of players so I'm glad IW have basically told them all to get fucked. Let developers make the game they want. Battlefield suffered for years listening to the community, half wanted nerfs, half wanted buffs, this game sucks, this games great etc etc it turned into a fucking mess, especially BFV. The same is happening here, just check the modernwarfareII reddit.

The potential loss of a few hundred entitled millennials who, let's face it, will most likely buy the game regardless, would be so low on IW of things to give a shit about, and it would be insane to waste valuable development resources to appease them.

Never played the game, but this makes a shit ton of sense to me. Sounds like it defeats the purpose of the map and layout designs to have people just operating off of dots that tell them where people are.

Last edited:
Make complete sense to me, why cater to the vocal 2%?

It's a small (but vocal) group too, given the sheer amount of players
Where are any of you getting your numbers? Have you seen polls that I haven't? My argument comes from the developer changing things that people were happy with in COD games for over a decade, and seeing what seems to be a lot of people (including friends, anecdotally) not being happy with those changes.

How can anyone claim to know who the vocal minority is here, though? Or even if there is a small minority instead of a much more even split.

Last edited:

Boneless

Where are any of you getting your numbers? Have you seen polls that I haven't? My argument comes from the developer changing things that people were happy with in COD games for over a decade, and seeing what seems to be a lot of people (including friends, anecdotally) not being happy with those changes.

How can anyone claim to know who the vocal minority is here, though? Or even if there is a small minority instead of a much more even split.

You think you are more in touch with the community than IW? Thats quite arrogant and you're likely suffering from confirmation bias.

IW is clearly listening to feedback, they be are just not blindly adopting it, which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom