• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

DryvBy

ad backgrounds. :)

0282_c9yzf.gif

This wouldn't actually shock me. My laughter turned into sweet tears.

Liamario

Banned
The comments make me lose hope in humanity. I'm assuming these are all kids making the comments. The guy doesn't have an insider; let's get that straight. It's quite clear his insider is full of shit. I know kids will be kids and they'll eventually learn, but there are plenty of adults out there espousing the same opinions.

The majority of these people don't have the faintest idea as to what they are talking about and my best advice for them would be to ignore all the numbers et al and just enjoy the games. In all likelihood, they're not going to notice the difference anyway.

madmackem

plus with Xbox one, even if a game is 720p, it'll be a lot richer with more detail, better IQ and higher textures and assets.

I think they'll look fine, and if I was buying only an Xbox one I'd be a bit disappointed but ultimately fine. As it is, I'll have both consoles (PS4 first, Xbox after a price drop), and I can't see myself buying any multiplatform titles for Xbox. Basically a reversal of last gen.

How in the earth are you reaching that? thats not whats happening so far so you think being 720p and 1080p on ps4 will somehow make the xboxone version better is that what your saying.

Bgamer90

Banned
To be fair, I think most people would recommend the 360 for it's social and online gaming features, rather than the fact that some games looked or ran better on it.

Yep. I would go as far to say that that played a bigger role in people choosing the 360 as their multiplatform console instead of the game(s) looking better.

kitch9

Banned
In the same boat -with every point you made.
However, I will add that my PS3 purchase would justify itself multiple times per year through exclusives. Graphical fatality was also redeemed through various titles developed by 1st and 2nd party developers.
I also read the multiplatform reports but also saw the 1st and 2nd tier results and I was confident that I did not have an inferior product.

It would have been different if the PS3 was a muiltplatform only console. (That CELL is a MOTHERF...).

The first party stuff was worth the entry price alone. I can't remember enjoying a game as much as The Last of Us on any machine I've ever owned for instance, but yet the early days were rough from a 3rd party point of view.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
lol

Yes, thats why BF4 on the Xbox has no AA and jaggies everywhere, along side its 720p resolution and variable framerate.

The drop to 720p wont be so games will run with better IQ, textures and detail. Downgrades across the board will be needed so it can have games with the same engine and features as the PS4 and PC versions. There will NEVER be an Xbox One version of a multi plat with better IQ.

sorry, I meant purely in comparison with current gen. 720p has a very 'current gen' connotation, but of course Xbox one (or even PS4) games that have to run at 720p should still kick PS360's arse.

DC1

The first party stuff was worth the entry price alone. I can't remember enjoying a game as much as The Last of Us on any machine I've ever owned for instance, but yet the early days were rough from a 3rd party point of view.
Yes.. this is true.

highrider

Banned
I have never seen so many posts about resolution not being important, in a thread specifically about resolution. The implication that most gamers won't notice or care is a short sighted statement in 2013.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I have never seen so many posts about resolution not being important, in a thread specifically about resolution. The implication that most gamers won't notice or care is a short sighted statement in 2013.
And about a significant difference between resolutions, I mean, we are not talking the kind of exotic resolutions used in the current gen. This is fucking 720p vs 1080p, I can understand not caring but anyone would notice with the two versions side by side.

But quality is based on someone's opinion. If they aren't interested in exclusives that are critically acclaimed on one console and are more interested in the critically acclaimed games for another, then that will play a role in what they buy -- regardless of quantity.

There are exclusives games of similar genres on both PS and Xbox but just because that's true that doesn't mean that it's wrong for someone to still have a preference.

The Xbox 360 was cheaper than the PS3 and had Forza but I completely understood if someone was getting a PS3 for Gran Turismo. People simply have different preferences.

I'm all for having discussions about gaming since I love it but completely criticizing a person based on their video game purchase decision is very high on the snobbery chart.

My whole point was - 'I go where the games are' which is a statement nearly always directed at launch games, is fucking pointless. Because, one company has shown they will support their console to the end with quality titles - and the other, not so much.

kitch9

Banned
with this level of graphics the resolution of the x1 version should be 900p at least

looks like Infinity Ward cant handle the technical difficulties of x1 and chose the easy

way

900p is a big res for a GPU with 16 Rops, Slow DDR3 and only 768 stream processors to handle.

Seriously. Mordern games wouldn't even fit the framebuffer in the smallish 32mb cache.

Bgamer90

Banned

Who straight up said that resolution isn't important at all?

There are many people who don't care about resolution as much as others -- hence why current gen consoles are still selling pretty well at $300+ on top of many current sub-HD games.

Resolution is definitely important for games looking good/better (obviously) but I don't get why it's wrong and/or so hard to say that while at the same time being able to also say that many people (large mainstream audiences) are simply looking for fun games that look better than what they are playing on their current gen consoles now -- regardless of if they don't reach 1080p.

DieH@rd

Banned
IS Ghosts coming to WiiU and BF4 not? Or is it the other way around?

Activision is still supporting WiiU. EA is not.

If games from Ubisoft [ac4], Warner [Batman] and Activision [COD] have poor sales this Holiday season, I fully expect all big studios to reduce WiiU support to a minimum.

highrider

Banned
Who straight up said that resolution isn't important at all?

There are many people who don't care about resolution as much as others -- hence why current gen consoles are still selling pretty well at $300+ on top of many current sub-HD games.

Resolution is definitely important for games looking good/better (obviously) but I don't get why it's wrong and/or so hard to say that while at the same time being able to also say that many people (large mainstream audiences) are simply looking for fun games that look better than what they are playing on their current gen consoles now -- regardless of if they don't reach 1080p.

What does that have to do with cod being significantly lower resolution on xbox one? My understanding is that is the subject of the thread.

Nobody is saying it doesn't matter, ( well a few more extreme guys are), but why do you feel the need to tell me people want fun games in the mainstream? It's a resolution comparison thread.

Bgamer90

Banned
What does that have to do with cod being significantly lower on the resolution on xbox one? My understanding is that is the subject of the thread.

Nobody is saying it doesn't matter, ( well a few more extreme guys are), but why do you feel the need to tell me people want fun games in the mainstream? It's a resolution comparison thread.

I came into the thread saying that fact because people here were saying grouping all of the people that didn't care about this as "people trying to justify their purchase decision" which is snobbish BS. It was in reply to those posts.

My first post in this thread was about how it was disappointing that a game is running worse on the console brand that it's known for. I didn't come into the thread saying what I did in that post you quoted from me.

88random

omg, that misterxmedia comment section

I'm sorry for quoting that garbage here, but this is too hilarious

All Sony wants to talk about is gpu this gen 1.8-1.3, blah, blah, just like last gen where all they wanted to talk about was CPU cell, sell, sell.

Sony just wants too focus on their one component which is better.

In reality gpu's importance has already been showcased last gen. Next gen is about off loading that gpu, Just like last gen where it was all about offloading the CPU to the gpu. Next gen is all about offloading CPU and gpu to DPU's

Guess which console offloads?

Last gen common practice was big CPU = great games, ps3 went all in with mega CPU bad gpu, ms went future thinking and went good CPU+ better gpu.
This gen ps abandoned the CPU and went all in on mega gpu + bad CPU. Ms is going future thinking and goes good CPU, good gpu, + DPU.

The reason 360 did so well last gen was price and early release.

Which is why MS should be very worried. These key areas is what gave them such a good foothold this gen but this time PS4 will gather a demanding lead worldwide in sales from the start and i don't see them giving it up to anyone.

KAL2006

Banned
I find it hard to believe there are still people who are getting a Xbox One over a PS4. Unless you are a hardcore Halo fan, the choice is quite clear.

MogCakes

I find it hard to believe there are still people who are getting a Xbox One over a PS4. Unless you are a hardcore Halo fan, the choice is quite clear.

Aside from the brand loyalists which exist on all three sides of the arena, the XB1 may have exclusives they want to play. Halo is a valid and perfectly fine reason. Or they may like Kinect or the multimedia features. Sometimes raw performance isn't everything. Just depends on the individual's priorities. If all of us were strictly performance oriented, we'd all be PC gamers.

Tsundere

Banned
I came into the thread saying that fact because people here were saying grouping all of the people that didn't care about this as "people trying to justify their purchase decision" which is snobbish BS. It was in reply to those posts.

My first post in this thread was about how it was disappointing that a game is running worse on the console brand that it's known for. I didn't come into the thread saying what I did in that post you quoted from me.
That is completely irrelevant to the discussion in this thread though. It's been written on the walls for months. This has nothing to do with brand recognition, but has everything to do with superior hardware and smarter architecture decisions.

Reasons why people will be going Xbox One (imo):

Friends on XBL
Halo
Call of Duty
Don't care for full/sub-HD shenanigans
Controller

Jack_AG

Banned
I didn't realise gaming had become a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Why are people so concerned about other peoples purchases?

There is no exclusive that will be currently available for PS4 that makes me want one at launch, the XB1 has Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5.

That's enough for me.

If I want to count pixels and gloat about how great my system is I will buy a top of the line PC.

I don't know if it's a younger generation coming into their first proper next gen launch or what, but the attitude of some people (not just here by the way) with this whole new generation just stinks.

I'm a gamer foremost (I have no allegiance to either brand) and I will go where the games are, I don't need to validate myself/my purchases against other peoples.
If you want to go where the games are and are buying an X1 and basing your purchase on nothing more than launch titles... You are doing it wrong. Sony is investing more into gaming. MS is investing more into media. Its not out of line to suggest that Sony will have more of and more variety of games moving forward. If games are your concern, your decision based on launch is shortsighted, at best. Some people can't afford both consoles or simply don't have the time to play everything everywhere - so they base the value proposition on performance and offerings per dollar.

They're mostly trolls, most don't have a preorder. Just trying to keep that banner up for the good ole 360 (a great console)

Top Bottom