• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Info on upcoming DVD releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtrip

Info from

thedigitalbits.com

DreamWorks' Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy may arrive on DVD (later this year or early next) in two versions. Director Adam McKay believes there will be a single-disc movie only release, followed by a 2-disc special edition. Reportedly, the original cut of the film was over 4 hours long, so McKay is using the extra footage to make an entire second film, set to be called Wake Up, Ron Burgundy, that will clock in at an hour and forty minutes. Look for that to be included on the more elaborate edition.

Expect Columbia TriStar's Spider-Man 2 in mid-November as a 2-disc set (note that a more elaborate special edition is already in production for release at a later date).

Also coming from Columbia TriStar in November (finally) are the first two seasons of TV's Seinfeld, complete with extras featuring all of the show's cast members.

DreamWorks' Shrek 2, as with the original film's DVD release, this 2-disc set (which streets on 11/5) will feature both anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) and full frame versions of the film, along with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 Surround audio. Extras will include a pair of audio commentary tracks (one with directors Kelly Asbury and Conrad Vernon, and another with producer Aron Warner and editor Mike Andrews), along with behind-the-scenes featurettes, interactive games and much more

And on the subject of another long-awaited DVD release, the Integral Naked website has just posted a new (and rare) audio interview with Matrix co-director Larry Wachowski, in which he gives some interesting details about Warner's forthcoming (and yet to be announced) Matrix Trilogy special edition DVD box set. According to the site (and interview), the set is planned for release in October. Brothers Larry and Andy W. reportedly declined to do audio commentary on the films themselves, apparently "fearing that whatever they said would turn into dogma." So they've tapped friends and fellow I.N. über-thinkers Ken Wilber and Cornel West to do the commentary on all 3 films for the set.

And Arrested Development: Season One is due out on 10/19(SRP $39.98) on 3 discs, including the unaired pilot episode, audio commentary tracks, deleted/extended scenes, audio of original songs, behind-the-scenes featurettes, video of The Museum of Television & Radio Q&A (with creator Mitchell Hurwitz and the cast), promos, Easter eggs and more.

arresteddevelopmentseason1dvdset.jpg

Socreges

Banned
dtrip said:
Info from

thedigitalbits.com

DreamWorks' Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy may arrive on DVD (later this year or early next) in two versions. Director Adam McKay believes there will be a single-disc movie only release, followed by a 2-disc special edition. Reportedly, the original cut of the film was over 4 hours long, so McKay is using the extra footage to make an entire second film, set to be called Wake Up, Ron Burgundy, that will clock in at an hour and forty minutes. Look for that to be included on the more elaborate edition.
I wish they had made an entire movie with all the footage, instead. But I have no idea what the extra scenes are actually of. Maybe that idea is best.

dtrip

Columbia TriStar will release Seinfeld: Volume 1 and Seinfeld: Volume 2 on 11/23 (SRP $49.95 each), just in time for "Festivus" (as George might say). Each volume will feature some 12 hours of content, including interviews with the cast and creators (Inside Looks), outtakes and bloopers (Not That There's Anything Wrong With That), audio commentaries with the cast members (Yada Yada Yada), deleted scenes (In the Vault), original NBC promotional ads and trailers (Sponsored by Vandelay Industries), behind-the-scenes "scoop" and production notes (Notes About Nothing), and never-before-seen stand-up comedy footage of co-creator and star Jerry Seinfeld (Master of His Domain). Volume 1 will also include the hour-long How It Began documentary along with original Tonight Show footage, while Volume 2 will include the Kramer vs. Kramer: Kenny to Cosmo featurette (on the real Kramer). The two volumes together include 40 episodes (Volume 1 will include all 18 episodes of the first and second seasons, while Volume 2 will include all 22 episodes from the third season). There will also be a Seinfeld: Deluxe Holiday Gift Set of both volumes (SRP $199.95), which will also include a limited edition script from co-creator Larry David, Monk's Diner salt-and-pepper shakers and a deck of playing cards. You'll be glad to know that additional seasons are already in production for release on DVD in 2005.

Jim Bowie

Next Tuesday, guys!

Goodbye, Lenin! comes out on DVD! It's a really really awesome German movie! You all need to purchase this!

mattx5

Some more info on the Seinfeld DVDs -

CULVER CITY, Calif., Aug. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Considered one of the most innovative, popular and successful TV comedy series of all time and now the most anticipated TV-to-DVD ever, SEINFELD, the show about nothing, finally debuts on DVD November 23 -- newly enhanced in high definition. SEINFELD will be available from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment in two volumes or as a deluxe holiday Gift Set (not to be "re-gifted"), which includes a limited edition script with handwritten notes from Larry David, exclusive "Monk's Diner" salt & pepper shakers and collectible playing cards. Volumes 1 and 2 will be sold individually at the suggested list price of $49.95 each and the gift set at $119.95.
SEINFELD will look and sound better than ever. To provide the best picture and sound quality possible, Castle Rock Entertainment, which produced the show, returned to the original film elements and spent many months digitally remastering every episode in high definition; the original analog audio tracks went through a similar process. SEINFELD: Volume 1 includes all 18 episodes of seasons one and two on four discs and SEINFELD: Volume 2, also on four discs, includes all 22 episodes from season three. Each volume will be loaded with approximately 12 hours of exclusive special features from the creative talents behind the show, including a full-length documentary, extensive creator, cast and production commentaries, bloopers, deleted scenes, exclusive never-before-seen Jerry Seinfeld stand-up comedy footage and trivia pertinent to each season. Both releases feature the original NBC network versions, 1-2 minutes longer than the syndicated versions and not seen since their original broadcast runs. Additionally, Volume 1 features two versions of the original pilot episode.

Gregory M. Paul, President and Chief Operating Officer of Castle Rock, said, "We are thrilled to see the show looking so terrific in this remarkable new DVD release. I'm confident it will satisfy the show's loyal fans as well as bring in a whole new generation of viewers."

Said SEINFELD executive producer Howard West, "This is something George (Shapiro, also a SEINFELD exec producer) and I never could have imagined when the show began. To have this opportunity to go back, restore the elements, revive Jerry's unused stand-up, bring the talent back to chat about the show and then see the original episodes with high-definition images has been a thrill for all of us. I think we've more than met the challenge of DVD and have made every effort to stay true to the essence of Jerry's unique brand of comedy which has become so deeply a part of mainstream American culture."

Benjamin Feingold, President of Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment noted, "We're delighted to be working with the Castle Rock team and the SEINFELD creators on this DVD release which we expect to become the #1 TV-to-DVD of all time. We're particularly happy for the fans, who have inundated us with an overwhelming number of letters and e-mails in recent years, indicating this is the title for which they've waited the longest."
Each Volume contains the following extra features, tailored to the episodes included in the particular set.

* Inside Looks: Interviews with the cast and creators about what was happening behind the scenes as the episodes were created and filmed.

* Yada Yada Yada: Audio commentaries from the cast remembering the making of these episodes.

* In the Vault: Saved from the cutting room floor...deleted scenes never seen!

* Not That There's Anything Wrong With That: Never-before-seen-outtakes and bloopers.

* Master of His Domain: See Jerry in exclusive stand-up comedy footage, shot for the show but never used.

* Sponsored by Vandelay Industries: Original NBC promotional ads and trailers.

* Notes About Nothing: Behind-the-scenes scoop and production notes.

Additional features include:
VOLUME 1
* How It Began: An hour-long look at how Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David first came up with the idea for the show, how it almost didn't get made and how they emerged with the show that changed the face of television forever.

* Tonight Show Footage

VOLUME 2
* Kramer vs. Kramer: Kenny to Cosmo: If you thought Cosmo Kramer was hilarious, wait until you meet the real Kramer...
Kenny Kramer!

This is gonna be a good Christmas season :)

ManaByte

Gold Member
I hope the salt and pepper shakers are the same as the prototypes. One is "Red Sun of Krypton" and the other is "Yellow Sun of Earth".

Shinobi

B00005JNEI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

We're still waiting for official details on the special features, but we're told the Fahrenheit 9/11 disc will include the film in anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Bonus material will tentatively include behind-the-scenes featurettes (The Release of Fahrenheit 9/11, Outside Abu Ghraib Prison, Eyewitness Account from Samara, Iraq, Lila Lipscomb at the Washington D.C. Premiere and Arab-American Comedians: Their Acts and Experiences after 9/11), a video montage (The People of Iraq on the Eve of Invasion), a new scene (Homeland Security: Miami Style), an extended interview (Moore with Abdul Henderson), video of Condoleezza Rice's 9/11 Commission testimony and video of the "Rose Garden press briefing after 9/11 Commission appearance". These extras are subject to confirmation, so stay tuned.

Solid

dtrip said:
Expect Columbia TriStar's Spider-Man 2 in mid-November as a 2-disc set (note that a more elaborate special edition is already in production for release at a later date).
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll hold off then.

Rlan

How long did a movie have to be out before it a DVD release so that it could be put into some Award Ceremony? I thought it was 8 months..

Memles

ohamsie said:
When is the special two disc Lilo and Stitch movie coming out?

It was scheduled for May of this year, however I belive it was pushed into May of next year instead. Aladdin/Mulan release this fall, and I believe Pocahontas and Lilo next Spring.

BuddyC

Cerebral Palsy said:
You posted that at 06:19 PM.

At 05:51 PM, I made a thread called "HEY MR. SHOW FANS! Are you ready? 9/21!"

A bizarre coincidence, if nothing else. At least you have class ;)

BuddyChrist83 said:
You posted that at 06:19 PM.

At 05:51 PM, I made a thread called "HEY MR. SHOW FANS! Are you ready? 9/21!"

A bizarre coincidence, if nothing else. At least you have class ;)

My bad. I didn't even see your post. Oddly enough, we were just talking about this last night, or was it the night before, in #gabl (the GA bootleggers channel). My Bootleggers name is DickieCrickets :)

In any event, I can't fucking wait. Season 4 rocked hard.

BuddyC

Cerebral Palsy said:
My bad. I didn't even see your post. Oddly enough, we were just talking about this last night, or was it the night before, in #gabl (the GA bootleggers channel). My Bootleggers name is DickieCrickets :)

In any event, I can't fucking wait. Season 4 rocked hard.

I've never seen Season 4, but I adore 1-3.

Ah, the Dickie Crickets skit was brilliance. Another favorite is the Coupon The Movie! skit and the credit sequence thereafter.

"It was a movie! About a coupon!"

"Coming this fall: Coupon The Movie The Ride!"

"I'm wetter than I've ever been before, and I'm from Canada!"

BuddyChrist83 said:
I've never seen Season 4, but I adore 1-3.

Ah, the Dickie Crickets skit was brilliance. Another favorite is the Coupon The Movie! skit and the credit sequence thereafter.

"It was a movie! About a coupon!"

"Coming this fall: Coupon The Movie The Ride!"

"I'm wetter than I've ever been before, and I'm from Canada!"

Lol, the inside the sock cam from the Coupon The Movie skit was fucking brilliant. My favorite Season 1/2 skits, in no specific order, have to be:

The Last Donut
DickieCrickets, The King of Megaphone
Change for a Dollar
Pope Flees Homicide Accusations in Popemobile
Larry Learns Guitar / I.D.S
Coupon The Movie
Van Hammersly, Champion Billiards Player (Hahahaha probably my favorite)
America First, Operation Hell on Earth
The Basketball Recruiters

Man, such good shit... And that is only season 1 and 2. Season 3 rocked with the Cock Ring Warehouse, Titanicca, Peanut Butter Eggs and Dice (another favorite of mine) etc. So good. Season 4 fucking rocks. You'll love it.

Shinobi

Next Tuesday is one of the great DVD Tuesdays ever...

duel_cover_1084211377.jpg

goodfellas_cover_1083972823.jpg

Been waiting a long, LONG time for both of these...can't wait.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn,that is some giant box art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom