• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

vg260

I'm slightly disappointed that Catwoman is still so claw-heavy. I thought she'd be more of a gadget character now that Cheetah is on the roster. Her throw and super look pretty dumb, too. I'm not a fan of the "everyone arbitrarily gets a new throw for the sake of change" rule, since a bunch of characters had really cool, fitting throws in the first game.

Yea, I don't like that across-the-board- change for the sake of change. Some are improved, but some were perfect, like Green's Lantern's.

My only issue with Catwoman's design, is that the hair texture seems completely flat, so it looks a little off. If they gave it a little more volume, it might look a bit better.

Garlador

wWpAYSF.jpg

0xi9ZZ5.jpg

???

I can kinda see the influence. I also see some Julie Newmar in her.

I see it in this one

Thank you! Milano is no stranger to DC Comics, she voiced Poison Ivy in Young Justice. It wouldn't surprise me if her face was scanned for Catwoman. Her likeness was also used in the Ghostbusters video game, so it's certainly within the realm of possibilities.

Khezu

The fact that she got a trailer before like 10 other characters that desperately need one, blows my mind.

Why even advertise one of the worst aspects of your game?

sinkfla87

Don't ruin dream girl Alyssa with NRS face

Lol, NRS face. Go look at the faces of the other characters (recent pictures, not early in development ones). It's not that Catwoman's face is poorly textured or "janky", it's just design wise she's modeled to look more like an older, non supermodel Catwoman aka average human haha.

What is wrong with it? Not "pretty" enough?

This right here.

"Well, Can't fap to this! Thanks a lot, Netherrealm!!"

The fact that she got a trailer before like 10 other characters that desperately need one, blows my mind.

Why even advertise one of the worst aspects of your game?

Maybe because not everyone agrees that she is one of the worst aspects? Catwoman has a big fanbase.

Her face is okay. Seriously.

Numb

She ugly
I'm sure they'll upgrade later
They must models faces last over there
Still remember Arnold Wonderwoman
Lol, NRS face. Go look at the faces of the other characters (recent pictures, not early in development ones). It's not that Catwoman's face is poorly textured or "janky", it's just design wise she's modeled to look more like an older, non supermodel Catwoman aka average human haha.

This right here.

"Well, Can't fap to this! Thanks a lot, Netherrealm!!"
Fapping?
Nah
They just make shit faces
This isn't news

SpaceWolf

Banned

For me personally, she just has a distractingly masculine, very heavy facial structure that stands out in comparison to all the other characters. I think there is a marked difference between fans who complain about perfectly standard female characters not looking "hot enough", or needing to conform to some impossible, ridiculously sexualised standard....and fans who are simply unhappy with some of this studios rather unusual modelling work when it comes to rendering some of their female characters (see Wonder Woman and Raven in the original game, who were stuck with some very bizarre models).

Thank you! Milano is no stranger to DC Comics, she voiced Poison Ivy in Young Justice. It wouldn't surprise me if her face was scanned for Catwoman.

That's an interesting tid bit! Never knew of this fact.

Seriously, though, NRS has gotten SO much better with faces lately.

This is also undoubtedly true. For the most part, I've been very pleased with the rendering work for the sequel.

Slaythe

I mean, the fact that she looks like Alyssa Milano doesn't mean the model / rendering on her isn't terrible.

The hair, the eyes, the skin texture, it's awful.

image.jpg

Absolutely horrible. LOL NRS. Go back to the depths of hell you ugly wretched creature.

Am I doing this right?

Have you seen how she animates ? Do you really want me to go get that grin gif from the story trailer again ?

Numb

4/10. Would not bang.

Seriously, though, NRS has gotten SO much better with faces lately. Even within the realm of this game's development.

I wouldn't be surprised if Catwoman gets at least one more polish pass visually.
Getting better faces is part of their Dev cycle
Cassie lol

vg260

Have you seen how she animates ? Do you really want me to go get that grin gif from the story trailer again ?

If they make the expressions a little less crazy, that's fine, but I'll take a wide range of expressions over a pretty robot face.

Ryce

I know it can be assigned to her, but I wish Catwoman had goggles by default. Given how over-designed these characters tend to be, it's a surprising omission.

Khezu

I mean, the fact that she looks like Alyssa Milano doesn't mean the model / rendering on her isn't terrible.

The hair, the eyes, the skin texture, it's awful.

This.

I don't care if she has an ugly face.

Just everything about her feels low quality, even in the first game her animations felt very stiff compared to everyone else, so it's an even bigger gap here.

And I do not believe she is going to get that big of a polish pass, not this late in development.

Has a character been referenced in dialogue and not made a playable appearance or cameo in a cutscene yet? It's been some time since I last replayed the first game's campaign and I cannot remember.

I'm trying to suss out if Harley's reference to Batwoman (Kate) might hint at something more.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think out of all the characters, Aquaman's model has shown the most marked improvement.

OJROCy9.jpg

Almost feels like a generational leap ahead.

Has a character been referenced in-game dialogue and not made a playable appearance or cameo in a cutscene? It's been some time since I last replayed the first game's campaign and I don't recall.

I'm trying to suss out if Harley's reference to Batwoman (Kate) might hint at something more.

I can't see Batwoman being included as a character in her own right, only as a premiere skin. But you never know...stranger things have happened. She might have survived the entirety of the original Injustice comic run for a reason....

vg260

Not saying she's ugly outright, but the model can be improved.

They could probably stand to build her headgear out a bit and make the hair sticking out a bit less flat, but they might be too far along for that. It depends on what build they pulled this from. They probably don't have much time at all before going gold. That's usually about a month before launch?

They could probably stand to build her headgear out a bit and make the hair sticking out a bit less flat, but they might be too far along for that. It depends on what build they pulled this from. They probably don't have much time at all before going gold. That's usually about a month before launch?

That's right. I'm expecting a gold announcement next week sometime, if not sooner. We're at the pointy end now. Given how far out the base roster leaked, I'm eager to hear about the DLC characters.

A video game has plastic looking barbie doll face women that all look the same: "wow great character design"

Injustice 2 puts in effort to use real people's faces for their characters: "looks bad, buncha uggos, wouldnt bang, 4/100, way to lose"

yall are weirdos. the faces look good. the characters are closer to looking like actual people than i've seen in any video game in a while.

Goodstyle

image.jpg

Absolutely horrible. LOL NRS. Go back to the depths of hell you ugly wretched creature.

Am I doing this right?

Ya, I'm pretty satisfied with this.

On the trailer, I think her throw looks cool and her cat looks like a good special to use. Still not the kind of character I'd use though, could have used more gadgets and tools IMO.

A video game has plastic looking barbie doll face women that all look the same: "wow great character design"

Injustice 2 puts in effort to use real people's faces for their characters: "looks bad, buncha uggos, wouldnt bang, 4/100, way to lose"

yall are weirdos. the faces look good. the characters are closer to looking like actual people than i've seen in any video game in a while.

While I don't 100% agree with this, I get what you're saying. Most people would have been satisfied with anime faces that mostly look the same, but anything that makes the effort to have unique/realistic faces gets panned. NRS faces do look more detailed and realistic these days and the effort is appreciated, especially when it comes to the story.

Just because Batwoman is mentioned doesnt mean she is gonna be DLC.

Many people are gonna be mentioned via intro dialogue. But i can see her be a potential Skin.

Also my thoughts on the Joker reveal from the other thread since there is a hot discussion about his face in here.

Poison Ivy looks great.

But The Joker reveal is cool too. His neck looks a little bit long but his face is on point.

bildschirmfotozjqewvlnh0.png

No one is saying that Batwoman is going to be DLC with 100% certainty, referencing her in-game just suggests it might be more of a possibility. I'd love to see her inclusion as a Premier Skin, but she could work just as well as an independent character.

No one is saying that Batwoman is going to be DLC with 100% certainty, referencing her in-game just suggests it might be more of a possibility. I'd love to see her inclusion as a Premier Skin, but she could work just as well as an independent character.

Hope so.

She is one of my most anticipated Premium Skins that could be a possibility.

Another Batman character as one of the 9 tho i would take someone more unique over her.

Would even have replaced Batman completely for her but that make the world mad and crazy haha

Nori Chan

Has a character been referenced in dialogue and not made a playable appearance or cameo in a cutscene yet? It's been some time since I last replayed the first game's campaign and I cannot remember.

Batman mentions Shazam and green arrow to super man.

Top Bottom