• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

sinkfla87

She ugly
I'm sure they'll upgrade later
They must models faces last over there
Still remember Arnold Wonderwoman

Fapping?
Nah
They just make shit faces
This isn't news

I don't think anyone is denying that past NRS games (namely MK9 and Injustice 1) have had trouble with faces, female in particular. However, they improved in MKX (cue early development Cassie Cage picture shit post here) and have done some amazing work in Injustice 2. It makes even less sense to me when I see people go out of their way to shit post with outdated "evidence" yet I don't see them going into threads complaining about the appearances of characters like...

hqdefault.jpg

(I play street fighter, just saying)
If you don't like NRS games then that's fine, but why the effort to derail people's interest with outdated pictures that are not indicative of the quality of NRS' present work which is just dishonest anti-promotion bewilders me.

Note: this isn't completely directed at you, Numb. This is a general statement for all the times I've seen people complain about the faces lol.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I don't think anyone is denying that past NRS games (namely MK9 and Injustice 1) have had trouble with faces, female in particular. However, they improved in MKX (cue early development Cassie Cage picture shit post here) and have done some amazing work in Injustice 2. It makes even less sense to me when I see people go out of their way to shit post with outdated "evidence" yet I don't see them going into threads complaining about the appearances of characters like...

hqdefault.jpg

If you don't like NRS games then that's fine, but why the effort to derail people's interest with outdated pictures that are not indicative of the quality of NRS' present work which is just dishonest anti-promotion bewilders me.

What's wrong with Kolin? She looks great.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

hqdefault.jpg

But Street Fighter V threads always getting shitload of shitposts so you just have to learn how to ignore them. We already know that they aren't great with the models and animations but we just enjoy the game as it is.

What's wrong with Kolin? She looks great.

I think it's just bad example for him to use since majority of fanbase happened to like Kolin's new design. However he should went with Banana Ken as an example.

sinkfla87

But Street Fighter V threads always getting shitload of shitposts so you just have to learn how to ignore them. We already know that they aren't grew with the models and animations but we just enjoy the game as it is.

I think it's just bad example for him to use since majority of fanbase happened to like Kolin's new design. However he should went with Banana Ken as an example.

Well I guess coming from someone who doesn't complain about SFV graphics in SFV threads, I don't understand the reverse lol. I didn't want to use Banana Ken because to me that would be cherry picking and I would be as hypocrite!

Edit: dammit, I double posted. My bad.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well I guess coming from someone who doesn't complain about SFV graphics in SFV threads, I don't understand the reverse lol. I didn't want to use Banana Ken because to me that would be cherry picking and I would be as hypocrite!

Edit: dammit, I double posted. My bad.

No Sweat. I rarely complains about the games since I always appreciate the games so much despite with it's flaws. I can't even remember last time I ever complains about the game on this forum.

sinkfla87

No Sweat. I rarely complains about the games since I always appreciate the games so much desire with it's flaws. I can't even remember last time I ever complains about the game on this forum.

This is why you're one of my favorite posters, because I see you in Injustice threads and in Marvel threads and don't see an ounce of FGC warz going on haha. I usually don't respond to "NRS faces lol" posts but damn if it hasn't gotten old.

Numb

hqdefault.jpg

Note: this isn't completely directed at you, Numb. This is a general statement for all the times I've seen people complain about the faces lol.
I've seen Kolin brought up once or twice but ofc not to the degree of nRS. Don't forget people still complain about Ken to this day
The ''old evidence'' is still evidence and they might not change things around as drastically if we didn't bring it up

Anyway i don't wanna slow this thread down with this

Dead.

Cat woman seems decent and that pussy in the face trait is the best.
lol

Neoxon

Ehhh. I think she looked better in story mode and they butchered her. Her eyes are too big for her head and the shading on her nose... Eck. I think she looks like an Eminem stunt double now lol. (She's fun though).
Her old story model honestly looked a bit too generic.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is why you're one of my favorite posters, because I see you in Injustice threads and in Marvel threads and don't see an ounce of FGC warz going on haha. I usually don't respond to "NRS faces lol" posts but damn if it hasn't gotten old.

Thanks! I don't even responds to Melee vs. Brawl wars as well, but I think I did long long time ago but I gave up because I realized that people aren't going to move on. My stance is just let people enjoy whatever they want to with their games because their tastes are completely different from our.

Can't Wait! :)

NeonZ

hqdefault.jpg

Many people complained in the beginning about her face being different from the established one used in the story.

Q8D3vil

I'd take NRS design over SF5 design of just bringing some stereotype female (white, asian ,latina and russian) and giving them boobs and ass.
Not to mention that fang is one of the worst designs in the last two generations.

Gear is going to be fun as hell even thought im not going to play any mode that make use of the stats online.

sinkfla87

Yoooo, so we're getting 3 character breakdowns? Awesome. I just dropped in to share this and was confused when I saw the Captain Cold hint haha.

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/849005868310044672

Many people complained in the beginning about her face being different from the established one used in the story.

I remember they did a poll on Eventhubs about whether people liked the new face better or not and the new face won. Granted, that was Eventhubs.
On the flip side, I wish they went back and put "fixed" Tanya in MKX story mode haha.

Wednesday Stream gonna be Breakdown of Bane, Flash and Joe Chill!

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/849023021235003393

Tripling up finally.

Let's see, who's left...

Grodd
Deadshot
Ivy
Braniac
Catwoman
Cyborg
Lantern Hal
Green Arrow
Firestorm (unless that teeny preview was all we're getting of him)
Black Adam
Scarecrow
Aquaman

If they continue to stream each week, we'll be through these folks by the first week of May, leaving the final, unannounced character, Darkseid, if they decide to show Darkseid, and whatever extra goodies they want to show the week before release.

Village

hqdefault.jpg

Because her face is fine

sinkfla87

Because her face is fine

Agree to disagree. Biggest issue I have with it overall is the shading now that I'm staring at it more than anything. Don't get me started on Ibuki's face during win pose (I love Ibuki, btw).

Back to going on topic...
In that brief clip of Ivy vs. Catwoman it looks like Ivy has little Venus fly traps on her back. If she is a combination of Shinnok & D'Vorah then mother of God, instant main.

Tyler said the streams won't be stopping so I expect 1 every Wednesday until launch. I wonder if they'll have one dedicated to the green? Green Arrow, Green Lantern & Ivy.

Man I can't wait to see some of the cosmetic gear for Captain Cold and Flash, Flash has a ton of potentially cool looks and Captain Cold is a really nice character to work with in terms of mixing classic and modern stuff for him. Hopefully we get that oldschool parka-hood-up look.

With Bane, as long as we get a proper luchador mask I'm good.

Yup, that's right. Wonder if that will even play a part or if that's just their justification for him siding with the bad guys.

"Floyd Lawton is ”the" human arsenal, his aim lethal from any range. Having escaped imprisonment during the Regime, he now enters the fray as an expert assassin for hire, forced to contend with the fact that Grodd has come into possession of the detonator to the Personal Explosive Device implanted in his head."

Yup, that's right. Wonder if that will even play a part or if that's just their justification for him siding with the bad guys.

"Floyd Lawton is “the” human arsenal, his aim lethal from any range. Having escaped imprisonment during the Regime, he now enters the fray as an expert assassin for hire, forced to contend with the fact that Grodd has come into possession of the detonator to the Personal Explosive Device implanted in his head."
Ivy, Cold and him will probably join the heroes or be playable in the story. They're all more anti-villain than villain. If I had to guess I bet Harley or Catwoman will steal the remote from Grodd in exchange for Floyd switching sides.

Goodstyle

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck everything. We're getting another trailer and I can't be hyped for it since the Joker isn't going to be revealed in it (website hasn't given us a reveal date).

I feel like Joker is gonna be the last surprise.
Props if you can find the reference in my post.

Main character of Persona 5 is codenamed "Joker", and a battle theme in that game is called "Last Surprise".

Top Bottom