• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

tim1138

I think Kahndaq second section is the cave where Black Adam got his powers.

But that Gargoyle statue is really interesting.

Maybe its just his fun cave.

bildschirmfoto8krglc1i3p.png

This could be the Rock of Eternity with the gargoyles representing the Seven Deadly Sins.

Compbros

I've been seeing the same type of clip on youtube for a while now as just an ad for the game

"TRAITOR"

Wouldnt be surprised whatsoever if she was being controlled by Brainaic the whole story

The traitor could refer to her and Superman. Either betraying the beliefs of the House of El or Kara "betraying" Supes.

Edit: As far as Brainiac's ship in her background she could be the reason he finds the Earth.

Lokimaru

Kinda messed up that Magneto is written with more nuance as a villian then Superman gets as ether a hero or a villain. He's just so one note in Injustice as a villian.

You could swap Superman out for Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint and the Story would actually improve. How would Bats react to his dad capping criminals instead of putting them away?

The reaction to both Clark and Thomas is the reaction of an Adult to tragedy while the reaction of Bruce of that if a child. Realist vs. Optimist.

Garlador

Kinda messed up that Magneto is written with more nuance as a villian then Superman gets as ether a hero or a villain. He's just so one note in Injustice as a villian.

You could swap Superman out for Thomas Wayne from Flashpoint and the Story would actually improve. How would Bats react to his dad capping criminals instead of putting them away?

The reaction to both Clark and Thomas is the reaction of an Adult to tragedy while the reaction of Bruce of that if a child. Realist vs. Optimist.
Read the comics. It shows how it was a slower process that proved irreparable. After Superman killed the Joker, Supes wasn't just evil. He slipped down the slope.

Slaythe

Read the comics. It shows how it was a slower process that proved irreparable. After Superman killed the Joker, Supes wasn't just evil. He slipped down the slope.

They also blurred the lines a lot in Injustice 2, unlike Injustice 1.

I assume because they didn't have "good Superman" in the story so they had to make sure their only Supes wasn't 100% unrelatable and obnoxious.

They do call him out on his contradictions though ("I don't hurt children" "what about Shazam ?") so that will be pretty interesting. Either Supes is in denial, or he is full on psychopath.

sinkfla87

Joker is banned though so you can't use him if he is included, just keep that in mind.

Kappa

Haha. I usually keep up on this kind of stuff but what is the story behind that?

On a side note, would any of you tournament players be kind enough to work and train with me when IJ2 comes out? :( I'm determined to compete this year for real finally.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
On a side note, would any of you tournament players be kind enough to work and train with me when IJ2 comes out? :( I'm determined to compete this year for real finally.

Yeah same . Add me Psn: leoj89
I have a lot of grinding to do. I skipped Ij1 and back to block is my Achilles's heel.

Compbros

Haha. I usually keep up on this kind of stuff but what is the story behind that?

I'm in to help you or anyone else that wants it. PSN: Compbros. According to SRK I was a "top injustice player", hilarious.

sinkfla87

I'm in to help you or anyone else that wants it. PSN: Compbros. According to SRK I was a "top injustice player", hilarious.

I really appreciate that, thank you man. I think your YouTube combo and tutorial videos helped a lot of people out so as far as I'm concerned you are a top Injustice player! Let's get a GAF army at Evo going haha.

Lokimaru

I read the Comics, what no one ever talks about is Batman laying a layer of grease on that Slope with all his plans and machinations. What Injustice showed me is that Batman is not the Bro to turn to when your life turns to shit.

Can you get skins in this game or is it just gear pieces?

Most of the "skins" are just gear pieces.

They have Premium Skins which change the character into another character/version of the character. Like turning Flash into Reverse Flash, Supergirl into Power Girl and Hal Jordan into John Stewart.

I don't think we've gotten a formal announcement on whether good ol' fashioned skins are in the game though I wouldn't be surprised if it's just gear pieces.

Nothing more then trolls in twitch chat way back when injustice one came out. I believe it started because of the lobby system that was injustice. Streamers would set up player lobbies and go afk, the default character when their turn would come up is joker, people would join the chat and then ask why the joker player wasn't playing and trolls would respond with joker is banned. And a meme was born!

Most of the "skins" are just gear pieces.

They have Premium Skins which change the character into another character/version of the character. Like turning Flash into Reverse Flash, Supergirl into Power Girl and Hal Jordan into John Stewart.

I don't think we've gotten a formal announcement on whether good ol' fashioned skins are in the game though I wouldn't be surprised if it's just gear pieces.

i see. i'm thinking like movie skins or alternate costume skins from different eras/comics. Really hope they do that.

i see. i'm thinking like movie skins or alternate costume skins from different eras/comics. Really hope they do that.

One of the actresses who plays Black Canary in the Arrow TV show/CW Arrowverse (Katie Cassidy who plays Laurel Lance) tweeted out that she was doing work for a video game quite a few months ago, and she was doing mo-cap as well.

Incredibly likely that that's injustice 2. They already did that for Injustice 1 so I'd be surprised if they DON'T do it here, at least for the TV shows.

Getting the movie skins would be simple but getting movie voices is something that I think is beyond their budget/scope. The TV actors are certainly possible though, I'd love to see Wentworth Miller voice Captain Cold.

And again, I'd be surprised if they didn't offer alternate skins from different arcs/eras since they've already done that with I1.

A bit late to the party aren't you :D

There are 11 locked slotes. 1 for Joker, 1 for Darkseid and 9 for the DLC.

They said on the last Watchtower stream that they will announce SOME of the DLC characters before release.

as far as alternate skins or even gear goes, i really hope there is a lot of variety. Like giving Lantern a cape or Supergirl the classic skirt. Or giving different lanterns/colors, changing the laser beam color on Superman, etc

They said on the last Watchtower stream that they will announce SOME of the DLC characters before release.

Raven and Starfire incoming. That's my guess.

Regarding Darkseid, I hope that when a gameplay stream of his is shown, he doesn't get shown off at some Twitch event like Goro was.

Raven and Starfire incoming. That's my guess.

Regarding Darkseid, I hope that when a gameplay stream of his is shown, he doesn't get shown off at some Twitch event like Goro was.
I'm guessing we'll get a final villains trailer with Brainiac vs Supergirl, Batman vs Joker and Superman vs Darkseid.

I hope Darksied is better than Goro I don't remember anyone even playing that four armed chump. But I didn't get really into fighting games till last year so maybe I'm wrong and he was great.

delSai

Sorry for the lack of updates, i didn't have access to the internet this past week. I'll update the OP (and catch up on what i missed) asap.

Garlador

I read the Comics, what no one ever talks about is Batman laying a layer of grease on that Slope with all his plans and machinations. What Injustice showed me is that Batman is not the Bro to turn to when your life turns to shit.

If you think the guy who dealt with loss and grief by spending millions to dress up as a flying mammal to parade around rooftops at night while punching unhinged clown people and the mentally unhealthy in the face over and over while also adopting 10 year old orphans and dressing them up as bright signal flares to fight murders and rapists on a nightly basis is the pinnacle of therapeutic and helpful advice, you may have chosen your pals unwisely.

Batman's whole deal is his inability to cope with grief and suffering. It's the very thing that drives him.

Top Bottom