• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Garlador

a bit OT but yesterday i got hooked on the comics, they are so freaking good, left it 30 pages into Year 3. im more even hyped for the game

I adore the comic, particularly the first two years.

Amazing writing. Actual stakes. It's my favorite writing and rendition of Harley Quinn ever as well.

vg260

I was thinking about reading the comics, but looking at it, I'm confused what all the years and volumes are. Can someone tell me what collection I need that has everything?

I was thinking about reading the comics, but looking at it, I'm confused what all the years and volumes are. Can someone tell me what collection I need that has everything?

Read the first three Years with Tom Taylor as the writer(who's back for I2).

Garlador

In short, the Injustice universe takes place about five years after the Joker blows up Metropolis and tricks Superman into killing Lois and their unborn child.

So there's basically five "volumes" chronicling the first year, second year, third, fourth, and fifth, right up until the point the Injustice game commences, five yours into Superman's regime.

I don't think there's an omnibus of the whole thing yet, if you can find a complete "year one" or something, that covers that whole year.
Here's a link to Year One, complete for example.

Garlador

Yep, Year 1-5. Ground Zero is the I1 adaptation and it's also good.

Ground Zero actually goes so far as to FIX the problems of certain scenes in the original game. Like, Harley Quinn just up and joining the Joker after spending 5 years living her life without him. In the game, it's abrupt. In the comic, you have her thought balloons, hear her thoughts, and see her internal struggle, and how she's inwardly hating herself for slipping back into her old role. She knows it, she recognizes it, and she's like a moth to flame and drawn to it.

harley-quinn-vs-the-joker-injustice-gods-among-us-9.jpg

The comic really is far, far better than I ever expected a comic tie-in to be.

delSai

Making my way through some of the stuff i missed. It all looks so amazing. Captain Cold seems way more fun that i imagined at first, Bane and Scarecrow look cool too. Too bad that Catwomans face didn't get a change, i guess it was too much to expect characters like her and Adam to get better since they've been revealed later.

I'm so ready for this. Now if only the Ultimate Edition would be available for preorder her :s

Tyaren

Great image quality, no aliasing, good anisotropic filtering... I wonder if the game will really look this good on the consoles. I guess it will run in 60fps and 1080p on PS4?
Do we have infos regarding the Pro mode? If the game is already stable 60fps (like most fighters) on standard PS4 they can basically only improve the resolution and visuals.

Here an older screen from Twitter that also looks pretty good IQ-wise:

C7JT1dfU8AA_LGG.jpg:orig

Great image quality, no aliasing, good anisotropic filtering... I wonder if the game will really look this good on the consoles. I guess it will run in 60fps and 1080p on PS4?
Do we have infos regarding the Pro mode? If the game is already stable 60fps (like most fighters) on standard PS4 they can basically only improve the resolution and visuals.

Here an older screen from Twitter that also looks pretty good IQ-wise:
A lot of those screenshots are bullshots, and I wouldn't read too much into them. Plus you're never actually going to be THAT zoomed in during gameplay ever.

You can watch videos of the Beta which ran incredibly smoothly on the PS4. The gameplay that they show off on their twitch channel almost weekly is also very indicative of the quality as it's running on a PS4 and not a PC.

The game in general does look AMAZING though and it runs at a perfectly locked 1080/60 with the exception of Super moves which run at 30 fps.

There's been no confirmation of a Pro version but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a resolution increase.

I remember watching a Youtube video some dude created that explained the events of the previous game in detail, including the usage of the comic book prequel to fill in the gaps. Right before he hit further into the game, I lost the name of the videos. Does anyone remember the name of that recap series?

Tyaren

A lot of those screenshots are bullshots, and I wouldn't read too much into them. Plus you're never actually going to be THAT zoomed in during gameplay ever.

You can watch videos of the Beta which ran incredibly smoothly on the PS4. The gameplay that they show off on their twitch channel almost weekly is also very indicative of the quality as it's running on a PS4 and not a PC.

The game in general does look AMAZING though and it runs at a perfectly locked 1080/60 with the exception of Super moves which run at 30 fps.

There's been no confirmation of a Pro version but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a resolution increase.

I figured these were probably bullshots. I've also not seen one video of the game that wasn't severely compressed in quality by Youtube or Twitch. I'd really like to see what the game actually looks like. Can anyone link me to direct feed footage (video or screens)?

sinkfla87

We're getting a Flash gameplay trailer tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/851117513521811456

Dammit why do they keep doing this? Lol.
It's like how we had the IGN video for Swampy and then a break down on stream afterwards. I wanna see some Green Arrow gameplay :(.

Edit: I want to jump right in that Monday night before release but Best Buy here isn't doing a midnight release :(. I'm still going through them because of my GCU and reward certificates, but what are the odds of Redbox having this game available at launch? I'm so impatient lol.

Marvel

could never
I just hope it gets scorpio patch asap lol, got it and tekken 7 pre-ordered MS side for the upcoming power. Gonna have to buy a fightstick though, not a fan of xbox pad for fg's.

vg260

I figured these were probably bullshots. I've also not seen one video of the game that wasn't severely compressed in quality by Youtube or Twitch. I'd really like to see what the game actually looks like. Can anyone link me to direct feed footage (video or screens)?

I don't know if there really is any. Typically Gamersyde has the best footage. They tend to capture high bitrate direct footage for some games. However, it looks like all they have is what was released by WB:
http://www.gamersyde.com/game_3614_en.html
Still might be better original bit rate stuff than after it gets compressed for YouTube.

The KO animations need to be fix, the way the characters bounce across the stage like a basketball and get up only to fall back down looks incredibly silly.

Tyaren

This is was taken from the beta

SETOJye.png

ZxbUgrd.png

Is that the PS4 version? It's heavily compressed though. I see lots of compression artifacting.
Thanks though. :)

I don't know if there really is any. Typically Gamersyde has the best footage. They tend to capture high bitrate direct footage for some games. However, it looks like all they have is what was released by WB:
http://www.gamersyde.com/game_3614_en.html
Still might be better original bit rate stuff than after it gets compressed for YouTube.

Ah, I completely foget about Gamersyde. Yes, they have the most recent trailers in pretty good quality.

Man, the feminists are all over this game on twitter.

TIL that Ed Boon and NRS as a whole are sexists

NRS has had some pretty big problems with female characters in the past, but honestly as of MKX and now Injustice 2 they've improved quite a bit with their character designs and outfit designs. They're working on being better and while they're not quiiite there yet it's at least been some good progress. Especially since they've put a lot of focus on making the MK girls have major story roles and a lot of personality, as well as outfits that aren't just like strips of cloth wrapped around their nipples. MKX was solid. Not perfect but solid. Injustice 2 doesn't seem to have any problems other than the typical half-naked superheroine stuff that's been standard for these characters, unfortunately, for decades now.

I haven't seen anyone really voice any problems with Injustice 2 specifically that aren't really just problems with the comic book industry or video game industry as a whole though so I dunno what you ran into. But it's probably just more of that.

Like I said, at least NRS is making an effort to improve their designs. And with this game, you can customize people and give them looks that are less provocative if you want, which is also good.

Slaythe

Superman is so sexist, no man looks like this, it sets an unrealistic high bar for most male gamers.

Let's boycott Injustice 2 !!!

Khezu

The only real issue I could see people complaining about is the female to male ratio on the roster.

Which seems to be an NRS thing in general as they seem to favor male characters.

The only real issue I could see people complaining about is the female to male ratio on the roster.

Which seems to be an NRS thing in general as they seem to favor male characters.

That's a good point. I wouldn't have minded if Raven and Hawkgirl came back over Bane and Black Adam. I would say I have hopes for the DLC, but...yeah.

Khezu

That's a good point. I wouldn't have minded if Raven and Hawkgirl came back over Bane and Black Adam. I would say I have hopes for the DLC, but...yeah.

You will get one female DLC character and that's it.
Probably Starfire.

Also you are crazy Bane and Adam were far more fun to play and watch then Raven and Hawkgirl, and I say that as someone who played Raven.

Should have ditched Cyborg and Blue Beetle, maybe Deadshot.

Garlador

That's a weird issues to take umbrage with, especially given how prominent the female characters in the narrative of the stories and the variety often given to us.

About a third of the roster is female. I mean, yeah, more girls are always appreciated, but it's a helluva lot better than the rosters of the actual comic and movie universes these days...

By comparison, I'd say this isn't half-bad. Comparable to the original.

I mean, it's not Dead or Alive's girl-centric slapfest, but it's not bad given the source material skews so heavily male-centered.

Probably Starfire.

Also you are crazy Bane and Adam were far more fun to play and watch then Raven and Hawkgirl, and I say that as someone who played Raven.

Hawkgirl single-handily helped me clear all the hardest modes in the game. Her mace-dive was god-tier.

Probably Starfire.

I'm thinking we'll get two.

I never bothered with either, so it'd be no skin off my bones if they were gone. Besides, I liked Hawkgirl's gameplay. I just like Raven as a character.

Getting rid of Cyborg and Blue Beetle would have opened the game up to other criticisms. Admittedly, I am still a bit disappointed in that aspect, but Firestorm lessened the blow and I have hopes for some diverse DLC characters.

sinkfla87

I'm thinking we'll get two.

I never bothered with either, so it'd be no skin off my bones if they were gone. Besides, I liked Hawkgirl's gameplay. I just like Raven as a character.

Getting rid of Cyborg and Blue Beetle would have opened the game up to other criticisms. Admittedly, I am still a bit disappointed in that aspect, but Firestorm lessened the blow and I have hopes for some diverse DLC characters.

I fully expect two female dlc characters as well. What's everyone's predictions for the first dlc character pack? I assume we're getting 3 sets of 3 here. I hope they show Cyborg off soon because if there was anyone in need of a complete overhaul it was him. Just not any fun to play with at all.

I fully expect two female dlc characters as well. What's everyone's predictions for the first dlc character pack? I assume we're getting 3 sets of 3 here. I hope they show Cyborg off soon because if there was anyone in need of a complete overhaul it was him. Just not any fun to play with at all.

Cyborg will probably be one of the last characters shown off and I doubt he'll have much fanfare when it happens. I also don't expect much of a change in his fighting style either.

As for the first DLC pack, it's hard to say. Starfire and Constantine have the highest chance to show up first along with whatever guest character NR wants to force in.

sinkfla87

Cyborg will probably be one of the last characters shown off and I doubt he'll have much fanfare when it happens. I also don't expect much of a change in his fighting style either.

As for the first DLC pack, it's hard to say. Starfire and Constantine have the highest chance to show up first along with whatever guest character NR wants to force in.

God I hope we get Constantine lol. Something tells me that might not happen, though. I think it might be Starfire, Red Hood and Spawn. I don't really want Red Hood but people seem to want him badly. The only thing I've noticed about Cyborg is that his trait now is that motherbox but no clue how it works. I wish his Zipline move was better, I hated it in the first game. Should be commands and not just directional IMO

Edit: if you're reading this, GGs again 2n2!

God I hope we get Constantine lol. Something tells me that might not happen, though. I think it might be Starfire, Red Hood and Spawn. I don't really want Red Hood but people seem to want him badly. The only thing I've noticed about Cyborg is that his trait now is that motherbox but no clue how it works. I wish his Zipline move was better, I hated it in the first game. Should be commands and not just directional IMO.

I think Constantine will be in and he'll have some of Zatanna's moves.

Don't care about Red Hood and with Deadshot's inclusion, I don't expect him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mother Box was re-purposed from Zod's ability in the first game.

sinkfla87

I think Constantine will be in and he'll have some of Zatanna's moves.

Don't care about Red Hood and with Deadshot's inclusion, I don't expect him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mother Box was re-purposed from Zod's ability in the first game.

I sure hope so. A lot of people have said "how would he work? He doesn't physically fight anyone". But as we've seen Dr. Fate doesn't either. All his attacks including normals are magic based, that gives me hope.

If it was that then I might actually give Cyborg a shot haha.

Top Bottom