• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this since I've always wanted a full 3D, destructable environment fighting game featuring either Marvel or DC without Capcom or MK characters thrown in. Hopefully it's fun (and if it's good, even better).

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
if deathstroke is in i will consider buying

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this since I've always wanted a full 3D, destructable environment fighting game featuring either Marvel or DC without Capcom or MK characters thrown in. Hopefully it's fun (and if it's good, even better).

we almost had a marvel game like that but it was canceled years ago when they closed ea chicago theres leaked builds of it out there on the net
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U37bf8Fx67A

Jasoneyu

Damn i don't know about you guys but it looks pretty awesome to me. Only thing that bugs me is how huge the S is on Superman's costume.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
On the one hand, Mortal Kombat 9 was great. On the other hand MKvsDC was utter shit.

I've been under the impression that MKvsDC was created when Boon didn't have full creative control over how they made their games. MK9 was the result of him being allowed to make the game the way he wanted.

For example, I've read the claim that past 2002 Midway wouldn't allow Boon to make a fighting game that operated strictly on a 2D plane because "gamers want to move in 3D, 2D is old".

With the clout of MK9 under his belt (and dat Mortal Money) I would suspect WB will defer to Boon's judgement on how to make the game great.

Hex

Banned
Looks like fun to me.
Would love to see a Marvel game like this without the MvC 100 hit combo x factor first hit = death combo bullshit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This looks pretty good. I'm already more interested in this than I ever was in the last MK.

NEO0MJ

Why did they go with Harley's new DC design? Ugly as sin. Also, she looks so off with her outfit next to the armored characters. Does the new Harley have super strength or something?

Anyways, could be interesting.

Jeez, didn't expect the reaction. I'm pretty excited. I felt like MK vs DC didn't really do justice to either franchises. I think this is Nether Realm trying to make up.

Also, I think MK9 still has a lot of life in the competitive scene. Still might need to rework Kabal, and add some more tournament options, like button configs in character select. But I think it's too soon for MK10. Though, it would be cool if they released a major expansion, with some of the MK4 characters and story.

Actually, I'm getting a little more excited. I really hope NRS experiments hard, so they can learn what to add for MK10.

TreIII

I've been under the impression that MKvsDC was created when Boon didn't have full creative control over how they made their games. MK9 was the result of him being allowed to make the game the way he wanted.

For example, I've read the claim that past 2002 Midway wouldn't allow Boon to make a fighting game that operated strictly on a 2D plane because "gamers want to move in 3D, 2D is old".

With the clout of MK9 under his belt (and dat Mortal Money) I would suspect WB will defer to Boon's judgement on how to make the game great.

This is true.

Midway really didn't care so much about how good or bad the MK games that they put out were, as long as they were getting the cash. MK being as lucrative as it is, that much was guaranteed (and were basically the main thing keeping Midway afloat towards the end).

Needless to say, Midway dying off and WB buying up things wholesale was the best thing that could've happened for Boon's group and MK alike.

I can already imagine that Injustice is going to be yet another game that does well for NRS and WB. Especially if it's as content rich as MK9 was.

vg260

I'll give it a chance, but am not really interested if it uses the MK system, and is like MK w/ only DC characters. I'd like to see them try something different.

If The Flash built up enough speed and somehow launched off the Earth could he travel to another planet? Or would he die in space. I recall hearing that he can time travel because of his speed but he could die when doing this. So I'm wondering if he was hurtling through space would he be moving too fast to avoid debris(or does everything pretty much go into slomo for him so he could avoid stuff) and could he hold his breath the whole time and be moving so fast that he's hot enough to not freeze to death. Plus any other space related variables.

Also, since this is an all DC game I wonder if the cast will still have "Heroic Brutalities" or some equivalent.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but personally it looks pretty badass to me. Get over yourself with all your Teen rating talk. When has a Mature rating ever been needed for a good fighting game? Even though this is netherrealms, it is NOT Mortal Kombat.

We got a great developer and a great cast of characters. At least it's not one sided like that Marvel fighting "dark" game (edit: Marvel Nemesis) at the end of last gen. Looking froward to seeing more at E3.
Agreed. I think it looks great so far and considering how good MK9 turned out I have few worries.

Just need to give me Power Girl, not in her current costume though. Her pre-new 52 one.

BigFwoosh

I wonder how many people will rage over the game not having fatalities (assuming) even though it's not a Mortal Kombat game. I have faith in NetherRealm after MK9, so we'll see how this goes.

IDK, it looks like MK9 with DC skins. Looks like it will (my predictions) probably animate and play like MK9 in the end as well. Hype meter is down.

We shall see though. It's just an announcement trailer.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Costumes reeeeallly remind me of this-

mighty_morphin_power_rangers_the_movie.jpg

To be honest, it looks uninteresting to me. but I hope it is a success, for the simple reason it gives marvel more reason to keep giving the license to capcom. I dont want to wait ten years for the next mvc.

And forget the redesigned costumes, did nobody notice how far batsman kicked Grundy? I know you have to stray from the source material to make this work but looks a bit much tbh.

I wish Capcom, Marvel, and DC could just sit down and Make a Capcom produced Marvel Vs DC game..... guaranteed 5 million seller.

I think it would be a disaster personally. mvc1 Capcom, maybe. current and future Capcom? No way that would turn out good.

Sojgat

I'm interested because I had a lot of fun with MK9, but good lord they actually managed to make costume designs worse than the DC relaunch ones. Truly amazing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finally, a fucking DC fighting game. Why did this take so long?

I was kind of hoping for a Final Crisis themed game where the last boss is Darkseid, but I'll take an injustice league game.

I'd rather Capcom make a DC game, but this should be really interesting.

shaowebb

All DC cast? DAY. ONE.

Plus it looks like they realized Mortal Kombat had too many staples holding down the abilities of the DC universe present in that game and are trying to find a way in this game to compliment their powerset more. Here's hoping they get the ins and outs of using beams and flight properly in this game so that it feels proper. Still though I am all super hype for this as I am a MAJOR kind of DC fan. Besides, MK9 was good even if it wasn't able to compete with Marvel for me so I have a good reason to expect this game to be a lot of fun too.

Cmooooooooooooooooooooon DC. Me am wanting The Ray.
snRdE.gif

Gartooth

I hold out hope for this game because I enjoyed Mortal Kombat 9, but jeez do I hate the character designs and the excessive amount of armor. I was hoping if NetherRealm were to make another DC fighting game, they would take an approach with the style similar to Marvel vs. Capcom's comic style visuals. (and give everyone their iconic costumes while your at it, I don't want no preorder bullshit to get a regular Flash costume) The realistic approach just isn't doing it for me. (also odd choice to make Harley a character, she isn't exactly one of the top villains from DC)

Saw the trailer and I'm not impressed by the excess armor at all. The Flash armor needs to be more sleek. I can understand why he would wear it though. I'd wear that too if I had to brawl with Supes. Hopefully they do a good job of making the characters animate and play uniquely. The DC powerset can be kind of wild so I'm sure it'll be a challenge.
I think tekken has already been announced.
I forgot about that one.
I hold out hope for this game because I enjoyed Mortal Kombat 9, but jeez do I hate the character designs and the excessive amount of armor. I was hoping if NetherRealm were to make another DC fighting game, they would take an approach with the style similar to Marvel vs. Capcom's comic style visuals. (and give everyone their iconic costumes while your at it, I don't want no preorder bullshit to get a regular Flash costume) The realistic approach just isn't doing it for me. (also odd choice to make Harley a character, she isn't exactly one of the top villains from DC)
Those visuals are too "anime" for the crowd Boon may be(almost surely) selling to.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Yeah I noticed that too, Harley seemed like she was used a lot but no Joker? Interesting.

Batman AC spoilers:
No joker = story continuity from AC?

Or...

Batman AC spoilers (kinda):
They may want to use well known voice actors (so from the animated series) and, since Mark Hamill said that he's no longer voicing the Joker - and that is evident due to Batman: AC's ending - then maybe they are not going to use the Joker at all?

That's my only explanation since Joker, from all accounts, should be in before Harley.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Or...

Batman AC spoilers (kinda):
They may want to use well known voice actors (so from the animated series) and, since Mark Hamill said that he's no longer voicing the Joker - and that is evident due to Batman: AC's ending - then maybe they are not going to use the Joker?

That's my only explanation since Joker, from all accounts, should be in before Harley.

Then it wouldn't be Harley. Different voice actor in AC.

shaowebb

Might as well get this show started.

Post some roster choices!
  • The Ray
  • Deathstroke
  • Doomsday
  • Darkseid
  • The Question
  • Red Hood
  • Red Robin
  • Guy Gardner
  • Power Girl
  • Starfire (lololololol)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
  • OMAC
  • Hawkman
  • Bane
  • Black Adam

If I get any of these expect me to prance around excitedly to the amusement of all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Might as well get this show started.

Post some roster choices!
  • The Ray
  • Deathstroke
  • Doomsday
  • Darkseid
  • The Question
  • Red Hood
  • Red Robin
  • Guy Gardner
  • Power Girl
  • Starfire (lololololol)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
  • OMAC
  • Hawkman
  • Bane
  • Black Adam

If I get any of these expect me to prance around excitedly to the amusement of all.
I could completely see Black Adam as the Akuma type boss of the game. Like if you beat Darksied with no continues, you fight him.

Could be cool, but it's weird seeing everyone in armour :lol

Will keep an eye out.

If they put in Black Spider, I have a character to play :3

Top Bottom