• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us (NetherRealm, DC fighting, 360,PS3,WiiU) [Up: Screens in OP]

yencid

Wonder if its going to be Pre Or after the DCNU

EDIT: Nope wait the background on the site has completely different costumes.

Those costumes look like butthole. This is what I don't get about DC. Why go through the whole damn rebranding and the new costumes and the new 52, then allow a game that does... whatever the fuck that is. It's like a DC universe expanded past Joel Shumacher's Batman & Robin and fully realized in the worst way imaginable... Change the costumes for B-tier characters or whatever, but don't mess up the trinity, JEEBUS.

TreIII

With all of the Green Lantern love that DC has showcased in the last few years, I'm hoping at least Atrocitus makes it in. But the bottomline is that I'm hoping it's not just Hal again.

shaowebb

I'm betting Deathstroke is in given Netherrealm added him to the Batman Archam City iOS game as a fight. Their big on the fact that he was exclusive to their product for that series so expect him to come into play.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
With all of the Green Lantern love that DC has showcased in the last few years, I'm hoping at least Atrocitus makes it in. But the bottomline is that I'm hoping it's not just Hal again.

My hope is that even if they have only one Green Lantern, they have skins for John, Kyle and Guy. That would be the best way to go if they can't justify multiple lanterns in the roster.

I would also love to see Dick Grayson Batman, and Damian Wayne Robin, but I doubt we'll see that.

All the same, I'm pretty excited for this. I've been dying for a DC fighting game.

(I really hope Darkseid is the last boss)

Bulzeeb

Or...

Batman AC spoilers (kinda):
They may want to use well known voice actors (so from the animated series) and, since Mark Hamill said that he's no longer voicing the Joker - and that is evident due to Batman: AC's ending - then maybe they are not going to use the Joker at all?

That's my only explanation since Joker, from all accounts, should be in before Harley.

now that I think about it, the Joker has been missing for a while in the comics, maybe DC is planning to try something new with the character and the games might reflect that

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
now that I think about it, the Joker has been missing for a while in the comics, maybe DC is planning to try something new with the character and the games might reflect that

Huh? Joker was in the first issue of Detective Comics.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wish Disney would have Marvel get pushed this strong.

DC now has Lego Batman 2, Injustice for All, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another Arkham game down the road. Marvel has... a kinect Avengers game. I'd like a Lego Marvel now that they're working together on playsets

clockpunk

I still hold hope we may yet see MK vs. DC2... that said, this is Day One guaranteed. Hope we get a glimpse of a new MK next week, but otherwise Injustice cannot come soon enough! That atmospheric scene was... unexpected, and just the sort of OTT thing such games need (in my opinion).

Most excited indeed.

Bulzeeb

Huh? Joker was in the first issue of Detective Comics.

yeah but there has been things like some

people thinking he was killed and somehing about a face change

But I am not that much of a comic book reader so I might be getting some things wrong

Seems like it'll be fine. Not sure where people got the impression that NR is in a position to waste resources on a game like SM 2 that would only sell to MK fans.

yencid

tumblr_m4wcisiUEp1qbqhhuo1_500.jpg

Haters gonna hate. I love Supes design here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People I'd really want to see

Clayface
Black Adam
Parasite
Supergirl
Donna Troy
Alan Scott
Catman
Wildcat(As the tutorial guy)
Dr. Fate
Brother Blood
Hawkman
Gorilla Grodd(though I don't know how you'd play mind control)

I can't decide if Clayface would be more Shang Tsung or more Arakune

Mxrz

I have a hard time letting go of "Shouldn't Wonder Woman be able to break every bone in Batman's body in one hit" mindset. It is just hard to accept the realistic take when Harley is kicking Superman across the screen.

Why can't someone do a (sp) RPG in the DC setting? Especially if you're going to make "Writing" a selling point.

Amagon

After playing MK9, I have faith in NetherRealm to make a great fighting game, finally, for DC Comics. Especially can't wait to see what they are doing with the story mode since MK9 had the best single-player story mode I had ever played for a fighting game.

ReiGun

Might as well get this show started.

Post some roster choices!
  • The Ray
  • Deathstroke
  • Doomsday
  • Darkseid
  • The Question
  • Red Hood
  • Red Robin
  • Guy Gardner
  • Power Girl
  • Starfire (lololololol)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
  • OMAC
  • Hawkman
  • Bane
  • Black Adam

If I get any of these expect me to prance around excitedly to the amusement of all.

*Aquaman
Batwoman
Nightwing
*Green Lantern
Saint Walker
Black Canary
Robin
*Martian Manhunter
Blue Beetle
Zatanna
Booster Gold
*Sinestro
*Lex Luthor
Black Manta
*Joker

*'s are for characters I think are either definitely in, or highly likely. (I also think Cyborg is likely, what with being on the current JLA team and all. I just don't particularly want him. I can't decide which of Batman's proteges out of Robin and Nightwing are more likely.)

Irish

Man, I really love the way all of the characters look. Surprised to see them get so much hate. Should have known better. NeoGAF: Always Wrong subjectively.

Love MK9. Love DC. Love Harley Quinn. Will be there. MKvsDC was disappointing, but was the best 3D Mortal Kombat game, mechanics wise, set the bases for MK9.

Digging the Wonder Woman and Superman look. Can't wait to see more characters. I assume the DC part of MKvsDC will be back, since they were the biggest names, as well as adding Doomsday since they wanted to add him via DLC. Will expect some other big names as well.

And seriously people, just because Joker isn't on the reveal trailer you're already thinking he's not gonna be there? The fucking Joker?

And thanks NetherRealm for on disc alternate costumes. I hate Harley's new look but I'm hoping for her jester look.

They were offering huge payouts for MK9 tournaments if I recall. That plus the fact that it was a legitimate Mortal Kombat game without all of the previous 3D game's baggage. I want SM2 but they're running a business and money follows the DC brand. All of the outrage is pretty out of touch.

thetrin

Characters I'd like to see:

- Green Arrow
- New 52 Superboy (red tron outfit and all)
- Dick Grayson Batman (even as an alternate outfit is fine)
- Darkseid
- Mr. Miracle (never going to happen, but how awesome would it be to play a character that can escape anything)
- Nightwing
- Damian Wayne Robin
- Brainiac (He could be the Sentinel of the game)
- Atrocitus (though I'd be fine with Dexstarr)

Might as well get this show started.

Post some roster choices!
  • The Ray
  • Deathstroke
  • Doomsday
  • Darkseid
  • The Question
  • Red Hood
  • Red Robin
  • Guy Gardner
  • Power Girl
  • Starfire (lololololol)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
  • OMAC
  • Hawkman
  • Bane
  • Black Adam

If I get any of these expect me to prance around excitedly to the amusement of all.

Lobo, Green Arrow, Joker

They were offering huge payouts for MK9 tournaments if I recall. That plus the fact that it was a legitimate Mortal Kombat game without all of the previous 3D game's baggage. I want SM2 but they're running a business and money follows the DC brand. All of the outrage is pretty out of touch.

All Mortal Kombat games have been million sellers. Mortal Kombat 9 owes its success to actually developing plenty of single player content while also giving a lot of choices for multiplayer. Tournament players need to stop overrating their importance.

All Mortal Kombat games have been million sellers. Mortal Kombat 9 owes its success to actually developing plenty of single player content while also giving a lot of choices for multiplayer. Tournament players need to stop overrating their importance.

Shaolin Monks sold under a million globally. I'll assume you mean the mainline fighting games.

Outside of some questionable costume choices (is that really what Flash looks like in the comics now? Ew. Wonder woman doesn't look too bad though) I'm on board. Why not? MK9 was good.

ReiGun

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Trouser Woman.....wtf is this shit, wasnt the outrage from the comics not enough....the tv series bombed, these guys tempt fate trying to contrain wonder womans thighs.
Her new 52 suit is so good, yet they decide to try trouser woman again?

the wonder woman outfit is dope.
you are high.

By the way, in the trailer did anyone recognize who was fighting Flash and Superman?
Batman and the Lex Luther at a different point.

P.S why is the flash wearing armor....wont it break apart as he goes faster and faster.

TreIII

My hope is that even if they have only one Green Lantern, they have skins for John, Kyle and Guy. That would be the best way to go if they can't justify multiple lanterns in the roster.

Skins would be an ideal solution, even if it would be still a bit of a compromise.

That's why, personally, I'm hoping that maybe we can at least get other GL characters in the mix to make up for that. Besides Atrocitus, Star Sapphire (Carol) and even Sinestro (rocking whatever colors DC wants him to wear this month) would be other easy picks I could see from the GL camp.

Skilletor

Trouser Woman.....wtf is this shit, wasnt the outrage from the comics not enough....the tv series bombed, these guys tempt fate trying to contrain wonder womans thighs.
Her new 52 suit is so good, yet they decide to try trouser woman again?

you are high.

I agree with him. Swimsuit Wonder Woman looks stupid to me.

All the character designs are fucking atrocious.

Regardless, I do like MK, so I might be convinced to pick it up. Let me play as Damian Wayne, though.

yencid

I've never understood people that complain about Wonder Woman having pants. what the fuck.

Hell even her new 52 One is designed to be interchangable.

WWBLOOD-1%20copy.jpg

WWBLOOD-10%20copy.jpg

Top Bottom