• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm actually really anticipating this after forgetting all about it until a week or two ago. The character traits seem like an interesting system and Mortal Kombat had such a wealth of content it fully satisfied me in ways most other fighting games haven't, though I seriously hope the netcode is a massive improvement. Biggest worry, for sure.

Roster wise, I'm not sure who I'll go with. Possibly Raven due to her seeing most Ermac like, but Grundy, Aquaman, and Harley look like a lot of fun as well. Excited to dig into everyone.

This might be a bit technical this early into the OT, but do wake up attacks have invincibility frames like in Mortal Kombat 9? I haven't been able to test much, but I know I have gotten blown up right after doing Batman's leg tackle on wakeup in the demo.

I have no idea, but it didn't seem like it in the demo. Lex's charge was the only move on wakeup that seemed to do well for me, but I am not sure if it had any I-frames. Was really difficult to even test it with the CPU, though.

Khezu

This might be a bit technical this early into the OT, but do wake up attacks have invincibility frames like in Mortal Kombat 9? I haven't been able to test much, but I know I have gotten blown up right after doing Batman's leg tackle on wakeup in the demo.

In the demo they have a generic 8 frames of invincibility, the day 1 patch changes it so every move has different amounts, some have none, some have a few, and so on.

fernoca

Is the Wii U version the same as the others and is it getting a day one digital release?
Wii U version's the same...apparently. :p
It hasn't been shown and is not getting any preorder DLC extras or season pass. It will get DLC. Will have off-TV and the touch screen can be used (again...apparently) to check movelists and/or shortcuts for moves.

The only confirmed things are off-TV and DLC which were confirmed ny Nintendo on the latest Direct.

Day one digital release is expected...but not confirmed yet. The game has been featured at the frontpage of the eShop....guess we'll see.

I'm getting it day one on Wii U (retail) and have the limited edition guide coming from Amazon. :)

Great OT Ryce. I've been on the dark when it comes to this game, so many things mentioned (like the single rounds) were cool news to me.

ReaperXL7

Really looking forward to this, I was considering waiting to see if a Vita version gets announced, but even if it does I suspect it wont actually release until sometime next year.

I would have preferred a few of the Bat characters replaced with others, but this is a fighting game I have waited along time for so I just cant wait. I probably will hold off on buying any DLC though.

Easily going to main Superman, with Green Lantern as my backup, maybe throw in abit of Lex since i loved using him in the demo.

Fantastic OP (and I'm an expert lol)

Gotta rep my fave, but I think I'll rock Aquaman.

Voted but no sign of the Arrow skin. :'(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nice OT

Also scored an Arrow DLC skin slot. Enjoying the TV show so this is a nice bonus! Now if they will have Bane's movie DLC skin, I'll be set.

I'm conflicted on how I'd feel about that for Bane. On one hand it'd be cool, but Bane in this game is massive, and a Rises skin would probably look extremely weird.

ReiGun

All these Aquabros....The King is pleased.

BBbatmen07.gif

I have no idea who I even want to use as my main and I really have no clue how the characters play. Though I guess I'm leaning towards Hawkgirl or Harley. Maybe Aquaman or Bane. I don't know!

J-Tier

ctrl-F: LOBO

Damn. Am I the only one? WHERE IS LOBO!? How awesome would that be?!

Lobo is one of the most highly requested characters, and Boon has hinted at him as DLC. Chances are pretty high for him, though not sure if he's part of the first batch of DLC.

So apparently you can block cross ups by holding down-back?

No, you cannot. Jump attacks are overheads.

You may be talking about blocking low by holding down, like Tekken. That is true but it doesn't allow you to block crossups automatically since they must be blocked standing.

Khezu

I don't know who I want to play as.
Characters that look cool, Nightwing, Killer Frost, Doomsday, Green lantern, Aquaman.

But just because they look cool doesn't mean they will end up being fun to play.

So the only characters I can really judge are the 3 demo characters.
No opinion on bats.

Lex is really fun, all of his special moves are unique and fun to use, and his jumping 3 is just the best thing ever, however he seems like he would require me to actually be good at games to use properly.

Wonder Woman was also pretty fun, but I would only use her if I got the season pass and got her badass Flashpoint outfit.

If Yellow Lantern is a unlockable skin I would play Hal no matter what.

The characters that I will be using:

Doomsday, Deathstroke, Aquaman, Raven, Solomon Grundy, and Joker.

Definitely cannot wait to learn all them day-1 combos, and put my skills to the test. :)

So I've seen the whole story mode by watching a stream of it and it was really damn good.

It seemed a bit short - maybe shorter than Mortal Kombat's story mode but Im not sure.

They were both really similar and I can't decide what story mode I like better :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I haven't competed in a fighting game for a LONG time now. I'm coming back with this one. <3

Metalmarc

Nightwing
Deathstroke
Harley Quinn
Bane

I tried to avoid most spoilers but finally caved in to see quite a few now, having downloaded the demo am i correct in thinking theres no finishers? Although its not a mortal kombat game, so i have to keep reminding myslef

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Nightwing
Deathstroke
Harley Quinn
Bane

I tried to avoid most spoilers but finally caved in to see quite a few now, having downloaded the demo am i correct in thinking theres no finishers? Although its not a mortal kombat game, so i have to keep reminding myslef

finishers? you mean supers? Supers are RT LT with full meter.

Top Bottom