• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Batman is just as good as he was in the demo.
Superman is shockingly not as easy to use as I thought he would be.
Green Lantern hits hard, but for some reason can't fly/airdash.

More to come the more I play, news at 11.

Kizer

Thanks, Max. Can't wait to see your vid on it.

Interesting note about Supes. I'm interested.
And would it potentialyl make GL too legit if he could?

shaowebb

Wow did NRS send you an early copy or is this from that last event they did?

Also I'll be maining Green Arrow but I am strongly interested in Shazam and Black Adam with Aquaman quickly rising in my eyes.

Harley has an Arkham costume that can be unlocked through the mobile version of the game. I should probably specify the mobile unlocks in the first post.

How exactly does this work? I downloaded the game on my iPhone 4 (which is not officially supported but still works). How do I unlock Harley's costume the fastest way possible?

I haven't competed in a fighting game for a LONG time now. I'm coming back with this one. <3

Is there a reason you competed a bit during early MK9 and now Injustice? Just genuinely curious as I don't recall any other recent non-Tekken games you've actively competed in. Do you just like how the NRS games feel? Work schedule allows it during this time? (MK9 came out around the same time two years ago) Either way, glad to see you back in action.

Ryce

How exactly does this work? I downloaded the game on my iPhone 4 (which is not officially supported but still works). How do I unlock Harley's costume the fastest way possible?
You'll need to make a WBID account (which can be done through the app) in order to transfer unlocks between platforms. You get the Harley costume by acquiring a Joker character card, which costs 48,000 points -- it's quite a bit of grinding.

No Supergirl? No Powergirl? WTF is this shit?

Looking forward to it! And I do agree, DC has so many characters that would be amazing to be able to play. Booster Gold. Dr. Fate. Etc.

You'll need to make a WBID account (which can be done through the app) in order to transfer unlocks between platforms. You get the Harley costume by acquiring a Joker character card, which costs 48,000 points -- it's quite a bit of grinding.

That's gonna take a while.

fallingdove

I played MK9 to death. Great gameplay. I hope that with some of the success Nether Realm Studios is seeing that they will be able to hire better character modelers and animators. Character models and animation are the shitiest things about MK9 and Injustice.

Ryce

Regarding DLC, I'm positive two of the four will be Martian Manhunter and Lobo.

For the sake of balancing the roster out, the remaining two might be a Gadget hero and a Gadget villain, and I'm sure one of the them will be female. I'm going to go with Poison Ivy; NRS has included as much of her as possible without actually making her playable (a stage interaction/cell in the Arkham stage, one of Harley's tricks, and an iOS card). As for a Gadget hero, I'm not seeing a ton of plausible options -- there's Blue Beetle, Constantine, Zatanna, and guest characters like Rorschach.

TDLink

Regarding DLC, I'm positive two of the four will be Martian Manhunter and Lobo.

For the sake of balancing the roster out, the remaining two might be a Gadget hero and a Gadget villain, and I'm sure one of the them will be female. I'm going to go with Poison Ivy; NRS has included as much of her as possible without actually making her playable (a stage interaction/cell in the Arkham stage, one of Harley's tricks, and an iOS card). As for a Gadget hero, I'm not seeing a ton of plausible options -- there's Blue Beetle, Constantine, Zatanna, and guest characters like Rorschach.

Doctor Fate

I mean I asked for the Aquaman army but not THIS many Aquamen o_o

There can only be one official Gaf Aquaman

The rest are just soldiers of Atlantis

you understand I would fight you or anyone else for that role.

tumblr_lvn9qcSvnV1qii6tmo1_400.gif

J-Tier

I'm not seeing a ton of plausible options -- there's Blue Beetle, Constantine, Zatanna, and guest characters like Rorschach.

A lot of people can't envision Constantine as a playable character, but I think a character with a dirty and skill-less fighting style would add some nice variety to the cast. His physical moves would basically show how incapable he is in a fist fight, doing wide swings and kicks that aren't too high, though he'd probably have quite a few feints and tricks too since he's a habitual liar, master of sleight-of-hand and professional con artist. Overall though, his melee abilities will be largely low priority.

His main way of getting in of course would be magic. He often improvises with his magic, using unclean methods but reaching similar results to more "legit magic". Firstly, I imagine he can place curses on his opponents that may act as temporary debuffs like attack down, defense down, speed down, etc; as well as buffing himself with similar but positive effects.

He can also create an illusionary double or using illusions in general to play mind games with the opponent. As well as summon a variety of things such as demons and monsters, to using a degree of necromancy. As a super, he can possibly summon a high demon, or call upon the House of Mystery to fly by and collide into the opponent.

Best of all though is he'd have the Liverpudlian dialect and would have witty remarks for the entire cast. Even better if he comes with Zatanna.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
f9gpAop.gif

I played MK9 to death. Great gameplay. I hope that with some of the success Nether Realm Studios is seeing that they will be able to hire better character modelers and animators. Character models and animation are the shitiest things about MK9 and Injustice.

I read a thing once that said Ed Boon doesn't like to fire people, and especially not people who've been on his team for ages. Maybe he just doesn't want to fire the animators or something, because I don't feel like there's anyone who actually likes the way they animate things. Guess it's easier to justify keeping them on too when your games always sell millions regardless.

J-Tier

Pfft, if we're asking for "clone characters". Power Girl is the way to go.

The only unfortunate thing is we know how she'll look in the Injustice universe due to the iOS game.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Cyborg, Harley Quinn, and Joker. Also the fact that you can switch the inputs from MK style to SF style just made this a day one for me. I have nothing against MK but, I'm used to play SF so it makes this much easier to play for me.

Horseress

Cyborg, Harley Quinn, and Joker. Also the fact that you can switch the inputs from MK style to SF style just made this a day one for me. I have nothing against MK but, I'm used to play SF so it makes this much easier to play for me.

Do you know exactly how this works?

Bit-Bit

I'll be representing The Man of Steel and The Flash.

Getting it on Wii U day one so hopefully it'll be available for download.

tkscz

Well I can tell my speech professor that there is a WiiU version... again. For some reason a friend of his keeps telling him otherwise.

SSReborn

Do you know exactly how this works?

I think if the input was regularly "back then forward square" it would basically turn it into a "half circle forward square" motion instead.

Or if its the input was "down then forward square" it would be a "quarter circle forward square" motion instead.

Definitely repping Superman day 1 no doubt. Probably going to play a ton as him (arcade/STAR missions) before I jump into the story mode.

Grimsen

I have no idea who I'm going to be maining in this game. Gonna have to try them all and see which ones click.

Which sounds pretty awesome. :D

Nyx

I really have no clue who I will main, normally I go for the imo coolest looking ones and go from there. If a character turns out to be hard to control for me, I switch to the next one till I find a char that suits my playing style.

Going by the looks right now, I would say I'll try Harley Quinn, Raven, and Killer-Frost first.

Yes I'll admit it, I tend to play female characters mostly in fighters.

Kouichi

Great OT, Ryce!

Can't wait to put some time into Green Arrow.

Personally, I'm hoping for either Red Hood or Static Shock for DLC, or a Roy Harper costume/voice change for Green Arrow.

onionfrog

Nice OT Ryce.

I'm looking forward to playing as Wonder Woman, Ares, Hawkgirl, Killer Frost and Superman.

Personally, I'm hoping for either Red Hood or Static Shock for DLC, or a Roy Harper costume/voice change for Green Arrow.
Yes, shut up and take my money NRS!

Top Bottom