• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

What character from this or last season is in a stable relationship? Dro and Candice perhaps have the closest resemblance to that but I don't think I'd call them stable.

Idk how anyone can be team Issa though. You can't cheat and be mad and you do people dirty and then blow it all out of proportion when that same dude nuts in your face. Her and Molly are both stupid. You want to act like a hoe, it's not outside the realm of possibility that you'll be treated as one.

This brings me to Molly. Molly had something good with Jared and fucked that up and found ways of faulting a well to do person who liked her. Like what is Dro's profession? Jared had his own spot, a stable job at Enterprise but when she found someone who had all that she thought she was looking for she didn't really care for those things.

Personally I think both Molly and Issa are unlikable people at times and Daniel and Lawrence are more likable people in general.

Derek and Tiffany.

I don't find any of the characters unlikable. We know people like this. We are like this. I can watch this show and go "I think I have a better understanding of what my friend was going through last year".

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm hoping he doesn't offer Issa a place to stay.

how many times have you had a friend make a really dumb and public mistake despite you wishing they wouldnt, knowing everything that led up to it.

pretty often for me. I fully believe that's where we are headed tonight.

royalan

The blowjob thing was absurdity. Felt like an extremely forced moment to create tension. Likewise with the phone call.

I've recently changed my mind on this.

It took three rewatches, but right as Daniel says he's about to come, you see him put his hand on the back of her neck and force her head down WHILE thrusting up.

...and yeah, I've punched niggas out for doing that.

This is kind of the fault of the camera though, it cuts away so quickly you BARELY see Daniel do that.

It took three rewatches, but right as Daniel says he's about to come, you see him put his hand on the back of her neck and force her head down WHILE thrusting up.

This is kind of the fault of the camera though, it cuts away so quickly you BARELY see Daniel do that.

Yeah, I caught that on my second rewatch. The fault was with the editing.

The blowjob thing was absurdity. Felt like an extremely forced moment to create tension. Likewise with the phone call.

If that was an accident, then yes, Issa overreacted. But since it wasn't, I totally get her reaction. Wasn't just on her face, but in her eye as well. The phone call revealed that in some capacity Daniel was still mad at Issa for what she did to him in season 1. And he's not wrong to be, but you can't do that to people without asking.

norinrad

how many times have you had a friend make a really dumb and public mistake despite you wishing they wouldnt, knowing everything that led up to it.

pretty often for me. I fully believe that's where we are headed tonight.

She can move in with her brother.

If that was an accident, then yes, Issa overreacted. But since it wasn't, I totally get her reaction. Wasn't just on her face, but in her eye as well. The phone call revealed that in some capacity Daniel was still mad at Issa for what she did to him in season 1. And he's not wrong to be, but you can't do that to people without asking.

Hey Issa is it alright to blow my load in your face? You really think Daniel should have asked her that while getting a blowjob?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
She can move in with her brother.
She couuuuuuuuuld, but she also could have made a lot of other better choices this season. Not completely blowing off the hot older Latin dude, listening to Lawrence outside the restaurant instead of blowing up on him, saying something to the principal when he said some blatant ass racist shit...

I have no faith that Issa will make smart decisions tonight.

Yeah, rewatching the scene Daniel was trying to gag her on his dick as he came.

It got in her eye because she managed to push herself off of him right before.

Damn, we're gonna be watching this scene over and over like the JFK tape. "Back and to the left."

I fucking love this show.

Slayven

I don't think Molly permanently moves to Chicago.

But I do think we find out that Dro is a fuckboy, and probably in an embarrassing way (this IS Insecure). She'll move to Chicago for a few months...and let Issa stay in her condo while she figures shit out.

I think Molly does movie to Chicago for the off season but comes back. Maybe get some of that pastor's body

My depression has kinda taken a turn for the worst over this past week, and watching this episode pick up from Issa's breakdown is probably gonna be extremely triggering, but, fuck it.

LionPride

Banned
If that's what they were going for, it was poorly communicated in that scene. It's the fault of the writing as well. Sounds like something Issa would have mentioned to Molly during their phone call but all that's discussed is Daniel nutting on her face. Which of course makes Issa look irrational.

I didn't get the whole discussion around oral sex in that episode anyway. Millennial women being uncomfortable with giving head? Since when? There's virtually no stigma around men or women performing oral sex. But the girls were discussing it like it was eating ass or something, and implying it was something black women didn't do. Tf? Plotline seemed ripped straight out of the 90s.

It's also a convo I've heard from black women my age

Funny enough though, a gay friend of mine said he'd rather give head than kiss a guy since he felt kissing was more personal

I think some of you are reading waay too much into that scene. She clearly doesn't give BJs much and was surprised. She probably at least expected a "I'm about to cum. Can I do it on your face?" first. I don't the intention was that he forced her head down or anything like that.

It's also a convo I've heard from black women my age

Funny enough though, a gay friend of mine said he'd rather give head than kiss a guy since he felt kissing was more personal

That's bizarre, but I have heard people would give BJs even though they wouldn't have sex, so BJs have entered into a more casual/less personal gray area of intimacy it seems. But I can at least understand that, but kissing being more personal than BJs?!

If that's what they were going for, it was poorly communicated in that scene. It's the fault of the writing as well. Daniel forcing himself in that way sounds like something Issa would have mentioned to Molly during their phone call but all that's discussed is Daniel nutting on her face. Which of course makes Issa look irrational.

I didn't get the whole discussion around oral sex in that episode anyway. Millennial women being uncomfortable with giving head? Since when? There's virtually no stigma around men or women performing oral sex. But the girls were discussing it like it was eating ass or something, and implying it was something black women didn't do. Tf? Plotline seemed ripped straight out of the 90s.

I don't think there's much of a stigma, it's was more of whether or not they liked doing it or not. Tiffany liked it. Issa and Molly seemed not to, but expressed the conditions they would do it in. And Kelly was like nah and had an amusing reason to feel that way.

In my experience, I do it a bunch early on in the relationship, not getting anything in return initially, and when she finally starts, I stop and only do it sparingly because I don't really enjoy it.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Derek and Tiffany.

I don't find any of the characters unlikable. We know people like this. We are like this. I can watch this show and go "I think I have a better understanding of what my friend was going through last year".

Didn't Derek cheat on Tiffany and was living out of the house for some time? This was stated by Tiffany when they were at that art exhibit a couple episodes back... that doesn't sound stable to me. I can identify with Lawrence regarding his behavior with Tasha. He was wrong there but hopefully he does right by Aparna but Issa...I don't feel like she can be mad with anyone. She cheated and has the nerve to be upset with Lawrence. That's bullshit and Molly is judgmental and immature and doesn't need to be with anybody. She should still be in counseling or something, that girl needs help.

Didn't Derek cheat on Tiffany and was living out of the house for some time? This was stated by Tiffany when they were at that art exhibit a couple episodes back... that doesn't sound stable to me. I can identify with Lawrence regarding his behavior with Tasha. He was wrong there but hopefully he does right by Aparna but Issa...I don't feel like she can be mad with anyone. She cheated and has the nerve to be upset with Lawrence. That's bullshit and Molly is judgmental and immature and doesn't need to be with anybody. She should still be in counseling or something, that girl needs help.

Tiffany said he was living out of the house, but we don't know what happened. But Tiffany and Derek became a whole lot more interesting to me when that was mentioned, but they rather present themselves as the couple that has it all together. Not really a criticism of them, but I just find the show more interesting because the characters are so messy.

Like, imagine Lawrence taking Issa back at the end of season 1 vs what we actually got. I hate how she curved him, but imagine if Molly stayed with Jared.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Tiffany said he was living out of the house, but we don't know what happened. But Tiffany and Derek became a whole lot more interesting to me when that was mentioned, but they rather present themselves as the couple that has it all together. Not really a criticism of them, but I just find the show more interesting because the characters are so messy.

Like, imagine Lawrence taking Issa back at the end of season 1 vs what we actually got. I hate how she curved him, but imagine if Molly stayed with Jared.

I get what you mean; I understand that it's more entertaining from a viewer's perspective but damn, everyone doesn't have to be fucked up and not have all aspects of their life together.

I get what you mean; I understand that it's more entertaining from a viewer's perspective but damn, everyone doesn't have to be fucked up and not have all aspects of their life together.

Raise your hand if you're not fucked up and have all aspects of your life together.

LionPride

Banned
I think some of you are reading waay too much into that scene. She clearly doesn't give BJs much and was surprised. She probably at least expected a "I'm about to cum. Can I do it on your face?" first. I don't the intention was that he forced her head down or anything like that.

That's bizarre, but I have heard people would give BJs even though they wouldn't have sex, so BJs have entered into a more casual/less personal gray area of intimacy it seems. But I can at least understand that, but kissing being more personal than BJs?!

Idk man, this guy is an interesting character

LionPride

Banned
Insecure: The show that sets black twitter ablaze and makes me realize how much I don't have together in your life and that you likely need therapy to get over your issues

wait is that just me?

Slayven

It is amazing how many different ways people read scenes from insecure. That is good writing

Where's my 40 acres sees Lawrence as a fuck boy

The Black guy who tips sees Lawrence has having depression

It is amazing how many different ways people read scenes from insecure. That is good writing

Where's my 40 acres sees Lawrence as a fuck boy

The Black guy who tips sees Lawrence has having depression

The blowjob interpretations just feels like bad writing. Issa's mad cause Daniel nutted on her face. On accident. There is no other way to interpret that that's supported by the show, and it's weird on her part.

Top Bottom