• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Galang

Banned
The fuck Molly?! Even I didn't expect that from her... I'm only not that upset because hopefully that means we see more of Dro's fine ass next season

Seesaw15

Well at least Lawrence had some growth this season. Molly seems pretty cool being ain't shit.

Issa's story continues to be the weakest of the three. Her whole plot line with Daniel this season was just a jumbled mess imo. Issa is the most comedic/goofy of the three so its hard to know when dramatic moments are supposed to land vs it all being a joke. I understand nuance/ambiguity but are we supposed to interpret the ending scene with her and Daniel as regression or growth? Is this the show saying that Issa was overreacting with Daniel or that she's so desperate that she came to him? Bad note to end the season on.

Molly ain't shit
Issa ain't shit
Dro ain't shit
Lawrence ain't shit

What did Lawrence do? He actually matured and owned up to being a fuck up. Same with Issa, and it seems like she actually made amends with Daniel instead of staying mad for no reason. Dro...well, it depends if it was him or Molly who initiated things.

Molly ain't shit for sure. Molly is the only character who made 0 development

I think Issa and Lawrence had a solid goodbye and I would be satisfied if he didn't show up again in Season 3.

Hell, I thought Daniel's storyline was done then they brought his ass back in the end. LAME.

Molly back on her bullshit but what's new. Meh.

Finale was solid overall but not too thrilled with the ending. We'll see where Season 3 takes it.

I start cracking up right off the bat with Issa's "Niggas" sweatshirt.

Great episode that really cemented that Issa, Lawrence and Molly are always gonna be the three leads.

I mean, we knew Lawrence was gonna fuck it up, but damn that was quick.
I was surprised Molly made the first move on Lil Rel, but by that point he wasn't being that subtle. Shoutout to her for going back to therapy.
The highlight was definitely the Issa/Lawrence closure. Great acting from both. Shit, I've tried to have this conversation, but it always dissolved into some petty text fight when trying to set it up.

Shoutout to Issa for rejecting Molly's offer to be roommates. Totally get that, there are some people I know way too well to live with.

But then we get to the ending ... eh ... yeah ... not buying any of that. How the fuck did we get back to Daniel and Dro? Wish it ended another way, but I guess that'll pay off at the start of season 3, but I don't know they left way too much open ended. Still scratching my head at that phone call Molly took.

I was mad that we weren't getting any Due North scenes these last few episodes, but this more than made up for it.

LionPride

Banned
Lawrence ain't shit because I still identify too much with him and it freaks me out

Dro ain't shit because that Monstars ass nigga just ain't

I feel like Lawrence is out, his story is more or less finished

Still mad these niggas played Daniel Caesar during the doorway scene. I knew it was all fake as soon as he dropped to that knee, but Daniel Caesar been putting me in my feelings for a couple of weeks now.

Lawrence ain't shit because I still identify too much with him and it freaks me out

Dro ain't shit because that Monstars ass nigga just ain't

I feel like Lawrence is out, his story is more or less finished

Lol, you gotta take yourself out of the show. Lawrence had some solid development. I think Bobo is right though, the show, while primarily about Issa will always have Issa, Lawrence, and Molly threads

Seesaw15

Hopefully next season the three leads are Molly, Issa and Daniel. I don't know whats up but that Daniel must have some crazy self-esteem issues to keep taking Issa back.

As much as I want to roll my eyes at Molly, especially after defending her so hard, I still have as much sympathy because of that "Rising Star award" bullshit. Fuck the law firm.

But seriously, that was a weird time jump. I like Dro, but what the fuck? And as far as I can tell that was the first conversation Issa had with Daniel since the phone call.

LionPride

Banned
I ain't even realized Molly fucked the nigga who she "friendzoned"

Twitter bout ta be damn Chernobyl

Ya got Issa bein a hobosexual, Molly fuckin a dude who is in an open marriage(white people shit), then Lawrence growin as a human and havin his own damn home. But fucking up with Aparna because Issa ruined his insecure ass.

I ain't even realized Molly fucked the nigga who she "friendzoned"

Twitter bout ta be damn Chernobyl

Ya got Issa bein a hobosexual, Molly fuckin a dude who is in an open marriage(white people shit), then Lawrence growin as a human and havin his own damn home. But fucking up with Aparna because Issa ruined his insecure ass.

Chad and Derek kind of got in his head. Glad he didn't actually go confront the dude.

Issa bumming now and I guarantee the folks that gave Lawrence shit will have nothing to say. Sometimes you have to hold that L and see how Lawrence has progressed and Issa has regressed. That demotion at her job was long over due.

Barzul

Credit to Lawrence and Issa for handling that maturely. Pretty good closure, admitting they still both loved each other but that you know shit happens.

Obviously things with Aparna were never going to end well and honestly I don't blame him. Very few guys wouldn't fuck that up. Her working in close promity to a FWB and also with you, yeah most men don't have the emotional maturity to handle that before you factor in what he went through with Issa.

I find Issa's relationship with her brother a bit weird. Yeah siblings squabble and all but he kinda goes in deep. Also smart call not moving in with Molly she would be judging her constantly whenever Dro made those late night calls.

With Molly...eh what can I say maybe she's finally realized what I've been saying since I started watching this show. She loves the dysfunction, she doesn't want normal at all and she's kidding herself that she does. It'll never satisfy her. If it wasn't Dro it would be some other equally complicated situationship. Still don't believe Dro is relationship is that open not buying it. I mean he's calling her baby and shit, he's made her his side chick. Season 3 is where it'll all come down in flames.

That friend request tell me otherwise about Lawrence coming back.

I actually feel like he's done. That could just be him tryna show her he meant what he said and he's gonna at least try to be her friend. Which is dope, but maybe not what we need to see in the show.

True.

Though, I gotta call bullshit on something. There's no way you're gonna block someone on Facebook, but then keep their named saved on your phone.

Huh? He blocked her so he could stop getting constant updates of her activities, especially since she was still hanging with Daniel.

Saw someone point this out. So ... Tiffany was supposed to be at Issa's to watch Due North, but then didn't show. Was that a pregnancy thing or ... is something else going on?

Who the fuck walks out of a therapy session going, let me go back to doing the toxic thing I didn't enjoy and leave the guy that I liked and also supported me. Come on Molly.

Barzul

Who the fuck walks out of a therapy session going, let me go back to doing the toxic thing I didn't enjoy and leave the guy that I liked and also supported me. Come on Molly.
She actually wants the toxic thing though. All of Molly's "normal" relationships have gone south. At some point we just gotta realize normal isn't what she wants and if it wasn't Dro it'd be someone else.

Can we talk about Due North tho?!

The more I scroll through Twitter the more I think there's more to this Tiffany thing. Derek was basically dropping exposition.

BlackJace

Man I don't know what some of y'all are on about, Lawrence is definitely gonna around next season.

This show's about Molly, Issa and Lawrence for sure.

Anyways, decent finale, but *goddamn* Molly ain't shieeeet.

Top Bottom