• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider says Everwild by Rare is "a real mess" right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
Just the usual 2 studios. Rare and 343i. They are overusing their privilege these days.

I am still baffled, that xbox is still doing that hands of approach.

well it worked with Sea of Thieves, which was a very lucky hit they had. so in Rare's case you could see why they'd let them go ahead with what they want to do

but for 343, who knows why they didn't come down on them by now

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Frustrated Whats Wrong With You GIF by Steve Harvey TV

It's a six month old video.

i have no idea GIF by PBS

But this is good opportunity for me to say, Rare needs some serious management. They need to take care of their IPs, like insomniac is doing with ratchet and clank.
I thought it was new I just saw it is 5 months old

Baby Doll Crying GIF

Hezekiah

Banned
I'm old enough to remember when you wanted Jeff Grubb banned as a source from here. I guess it depends on the news :messenger_beaming:
You're old enough to be going senile too apparently because this is what I actually said:
Jeff Grubb is an idiot, but if we don't see a good amount of footage of Everwild in couple of weeks time, with a clear idea of what the game is we'll know for sure this game is in development hell.

While I'm here, I'm old enough to remember you trolling constantly about Returnal and Demon Souls for some strange reason 🤦

ungalo

Rare stopped being Rare completely after Nuts & Bolts. Microsoft just put Mayles in front of the picture (did the same with Staten and 343i). They don't have the knowledge to make new iterations of their own IP, they would have to restart from zero.

kingfey

Banned
well it worked with Sea of Thieves, which was a very lucky hit they had. so in Rare's case you could see why they'd let them go ahead with what they want to do

but for 343, who knows why they didn't come down on them by now
343i is something else. They should have been MS Naught Dogs, instead, they keep hitting low every time, they try to make good stuff.

Which begs the question. Why make halo infinite MP f2p? What was the goal, if there was not enough content?

Banned
343i is something else. They should have been MS Naught Dogs, instead, they keep hitting low every time, they try to make good stuff.

Which begs the question. Why make halo infinite MP f2p? What was the goal, if there was not enough content?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason why. they knew they couldn't get a finished game on the market, so just make it free 2 play and act like that was the plan all along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom