• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games confirms Spider-Man 2 will be single player only

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

New York Fight GIF by Sidetalk

Gambit2483

Huh...I had no idea that people were questioning if this were a single player game (given Miles would be an important part) 🤔

Kuranghi

Hmmm, they didn't really say it didn't have coop though, they just said "it is an epic single-player adventure", it could still be a SP game at heart but have coop be possible in certain side activities like races or combat challenges.

I doubt the latter due to how the combat system works but this is far from conclusive imo. I'd be very happy if its pure SP though, coop is only great when it's the primary focus.

Hmmm, they didn't really say it didn't have coop though, they just said "it is an epic single-player adventure", it could still be a SP game at heart but have coop be possible in certain side activities like races or combat challenges.

I doubt the latter due to how the combat system works but this is far from conclusive imo. I'd be very happy if its pure SP though, coop is only great when it's the primary focus.

I don't think we have to worry about multiplayer in the game. But yes there will be instances where you will cooperate with other characters just like their was in the first game. You do see Miles and Peter together in the trailer so that's one example of cooperation in the game.

I just don't think there will be drop in coop or anything similar.

2e1bd8d0a1f186f5f63d45e0d690bd9c45fb57d7.gif

Last edited:

Fbh

network closing GIF

Please tell there will at least be color coded loot, "gear score" and no fewer than 5 currency types!!!!!

ProtoByte

Good. Any amount of multiplayer inherently damages what can be done mechanically and in design, especially for this type of game.

How many more examples, most recently Gotham Knights, Avengers and no doubt Suicide Squad do we need to have before people get this through their skulls?

ProtoByte

Bad co-op games are bad. But a good co-op game can be amazing. Don't get confused here.
Nope, I'm drawing a line. I said that having any amount of co-op limits design and mechanics. It does. It limits visuals and everything else to do with processing power as well. Things like contextual animations, mechanics that distort time are functionally compromised (of which there are and can be many in Spider-Man) and things like intricate level/narrative design, stealth encounters and resource gain are implicitly compromised.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I don't think we have to worry about multiplayer in the game. But yes there will be instances where you will cooperate with other characters just like their was in the first game. You do see Miles and Peter together in the trailer so that's one example of cooperation in the game.

I just don't think there will be drop in coop or anything similar.

2e1bd8d0a1f186f5f63d45e0d690bd9c45fb57d7.gif
What is it with Sony games and making characters look like they are letting rip?

mrmustard

Banned
That's great but they may want to take a look at that title.....Spider-Man could be very triggering for a good amount of Gen-Z'ers.....may I suggest Spider-They or Spider-Them.
That doesn't apply to big franchises, see Harry Potter. Spider-Man is so big they could call it 'Spider-Man - yes MAN, because fuck that woke shit' and still sell 20 million.

Last edited:
Top Bottom