• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games says it’s open to more Marvel titles

bitbydeath

Hostile_18

Banned
This seems like the logical choice.

I think Spiderman 2 would be now. Much like Horizon the IP IS established (games medium wise) and alot of systems are in place so you can focus on content and refinement. Less marketing costs, cheaper to produce than starting from scratch.

Also Infinity War Part 2 could well put the Iron Man franchise IP on the back burner for a while. Perhaps less risk adverse would be a secondary playable superhero crossing over aka Thor Ragnorok/Spiderman Homecoming.

Last edited:

CeeJay

I think all of the Marvel IPs lends themselves well to third person character action games which Insomniac are so good at.

I'd like to see a good Fantastic Four game in roughly the same asymmetric style as Evolve except maybe a large open world PVE instead of PVP where you travel round with your group dealing with various disasters and events that you have to work together with your different skills to overcome.

ruvikx

Banned
Captain America would be a good choice. Thor & Iron Man are unfortunately too overpowered for a video game (open world wouldn't work because they can literally travel... anywhere). But the Captain is pretty grounded & his power is mostly strength & speed, not flying around the planet. That's why Superman has never been done properly because it's just not feasible.

Last edited:

nowhat

I doubt we'll be getting Iron Man, Thor or any of the (current MCU) Avengers*) - Crystal Dynamics is working on an Avengers game already, although very little has been revealed of the project so far, no idea how it's going. But keeping up with the New York theme, how about Daredevil?

*) or maybe they'll do a Hawkeye game :)

klosos

I think we can all agree that there is only one game insomniac should make with marvels IP and thats Squirrel girl or female Thor. You all want it but are to manly to admit it.

TacosNSalsa

I think we can all agree that there is only one game insomniac should make with marvels IP and thats Squirrel girl or female Thor. You all want it but are to manly to admit it.
People make fun of Squirrel Girl but she has taken down some heavy a$$ hitters..like Doctor Doom and even Thanos . It happens off page but it still happens in canon so she too OP yo..

Ulysses 31

How can you forget Riri Williams as Ironman?
Riri-Williams-Campbell-cover-520x800.jpg

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

Given the great reception Spider-Man has received for a long time now I would have thought the decision of whether to do more games would have long been made?

Maybe that new studio Sony has setup is to take over Marvel game dev going forward!?

Airbus Jr

Banned
People make fun of Squirrel Girl but she has taken down some heavy a$$ hitters..like Doctor Doom and even Thanos . It happens off page but it still happens in canon so she too OP yo..

Really doubt they gona pick someone like squirrel girl

How popular is she? Nobody knows except for diehard comic fans

They gota built up some recognition first for the movie

Insomniac wouldn't risk making game for unknown quantities like that

If Square Enix have the rights for other Marvell superheroes I'd rather Insomniac do a Venom game

Last edited:
What they REALLY, really, really need to do next is a Hulk game, much like the way Spiderman PS4 is a spiritual successor to Spider Man 2, a PS4 Hulk game could be a spiritual successor to Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

I mean that's like the most obvious thing in the world, just imagine a current (or even next) gen Hulk game where you can actually smash buildings and everything.

I can't think of another Marvel character beyond Spider Man and Hulk that lend themselves so well to games, I mean others could work, like Iron Man, but those two are the most exciting, with Iron Man you'd.... fly around, that's just not as unique as wall crawling, web swinging or smashing shit.

So yeah, do Hulk next.

TacosNSalsa

Really doubt they gona pick someone like squirrel girl

How popular is she? Nobody knows except for diehard comic fans

They gota built up some recognition first for the movie

Insomniac wouldn't risk making game for unknown quantities like that

If Square Enix have the rights for other Marvell superheroes I'd rather Insomniac do a Venom game
Shes not really popular and more of a running gag really and I get that , however I think they could put her in as a cameo , sort of a nod to comic book reader, in a game that is focused on others. Her exploits are mostly off page and you only hear about it because other characters talk about what she did , it could be a nice little easter egg .
I guess I just find her amusing!

CJ6dghc.jpg

Last edited:

SonGoku

Shes not really popular and more of a running gag really and I get that , however I think they could put her in as a cameo , sort of a nod to comic book reader, in a game that is focused on others. Her exploits are mostly off page and you only hear about it because other characters talk about what she did , it could be a nice little easter egg .
I guess I just find her amusing!

CJ6dghc.jpg
Reminds me of Arale

Captain America would be a good choice. Thor & Iron Man are unfortunately too overpowered for a video game (open world wouldn't work because they can literally travel... anywhere). But the Captain is pretty grounded & his power is mostly strength & speed, not flying around the planet. That's why Superman has never been done properly because it's just not feasible.
Don't make them overpowered, then?

iconmaster

Banned
Like they were going to answer that question in the negative.

“No, we’ve actually had enough of drawing from the billion-dollar Marvel entertainment well. We’re thinking about a mobile game next.”

Humdinger

I'm thinking they'll be plenty busy creating Spider-Man 2 (not to mention whatever other projects they have going). I suppose they could start up a whole 'nother team, but that's a big investment.

Fbh

Guardians of the Galaxy would be an even better fit for Insomniac.

Yeah I'd love this one too.
The more humor based tone would fit perfectly with them. They also have experience making fun weapons (ratchet, sunset overdrive) and fun melee combat (as shown in spiderman) so the gameplay would be great.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Captain America game would be nice. Set in the 40's, attempt to win the hearts & minds of city folks, he goes around stopping street thugs as well as Hydra. Maybe later set a stage going into World War II, with the help of his fellow cybernetic British woman to save the world.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'd rather Insomniac stick with Spider Man and collaborate with another Studio/s with other IP in the same universe.
Perhaps after Spider Man 2 then take on another Marvel IP that suits them to give them a break from Spidy.
GotG might be a good one for them.

Last edited:
I think all of the Marvel IPs lends themselves well to third person character action games which Insomniac are so good at.

I'd like to see a good Fantastic Four game in roughly the same asymmetric style as Evolve except maybe a large open world PVE instead of PVP where you travel round with your group dealing with various disasters and events that you have to work together with your different skills to overcome.

Fantastic 4 would definitely stretch their creativity. I like it.

manfestival

We could use an actual good ironman game. The sega ones were bad but they were ironman. Spiderman is a safe choice that has been done over and over again. more heroes need spotlight

You just know Kratos is going to steal Mjolnir so Sony will have a Thor game.
It's Iron Man that really needs a game. So weird that the character that spearheaded the MCU still has no AAA or even AA game to his name.

bitbydeath

X-Men Sim where you gotta track down and save / destroy other mutants. If you save them they join the school allowing you to play as them.

Genre - Open world/3rd person

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
I'd bet anything Spiderman 2 has already been greenlit. Sony has advertised the first game so much, I feel they plan for this to be a major PlayStation franchise moving forward.

bitbydeath

I'd bet anything Spiderman 2 has already been greenlit. Sony has advertised the first game so much, I feel they plan for this to be a major PlayStation franchise moving forward.

Or Venom since he was intentionally left out of this game.

X-Men Sim where you gotta track down and save / destroy other mutants. If you save them they join the school allowing you to play as them.

Genre - Open world/3rd person
I think you meant a The Sims clone where you play Charles Xavier. Design and expand the mansion. Send out your X-men to save mutants. Conduct an open house for parents of mutants who think it's a school. Play god with your students. Watch the drama as Jean cheats on Scott.

Top Bottom