• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internet pictures just don't do it justice

trmas

Banned
The x360 power adapter is HUGE, almost the size of my powerstrip. I mean wow... The 360 interface is REALLY nice, and I'm in the process of downloading demos now. Wish there was one for COD2, and I intend to buy some Live Arcade games tonight. Didn't get any games yet - have Gamefly and I'm waiting impatiently for Oblivion and GRAW. March seems so far away.

But I just decided to pick up the system tonight when they had some premiums at the local Best Buy - at least now I know I will have the system when Oblivion and such come out. Besides FN3 demo and Geometry Wars, any other suggestions?

Wow at the power adapter for this thing though. Makes me wonder how bad the PS3's is going to be.

PS3 will be powered by Kutaragi's rage

9_23.jpg

Beezy

If you read the other threads, you would know not to download any EA demos if you want your 360 to continue working.

trmas

Banned
Got the Best Buy 2 year plan so I'm not concerned. Besides, SOME people haven't had problems with them.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Looks so calm....must be suppressed rage.

Calm before the storm.

Anyways, yeah it is pretty fucking big and dwarfs any power brick I've ever seen.

trmas said:
Got the Best Buy 2 year plan so I'm not concerned. Besides, SOME people haven't had problems with them.

I think everyone has had some freeze ups (including me), but there are a lot of systems that work fine. Mine for instance hasn't had any major issues *knocks on wood*

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Pedigree Chum said:
You leave your Xbox360 on the carpet? That's not very smart (unless you only did that for the pic).

say hello / to the inferno

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
If you are into strategy sim games, I recommend Outpost Kaloki X off of Live Arcade. You should also probably check that thread.

robot

Pedigree Chum said:
You leave your Xbox360 on the carpet? That's not very smart (unless you only did that for the pic).

nah it was for the pic - i wouldnt even leave those dosidos on the carpet let alone a piping hot 360.

Hooker

Beezy said:
If you read the other threads, you would know not to download any EA demos if you want your 360 to continue working.
That is EXACTLY what you need to do.

Chips get more advanced, the chance of something not working is much greater. If you have a couple of games which don't use that particular transistor which is faulty, you may never know that it was FUBAR'ed all along.

A game can't ever break the console. If it happens, it was broken all along, but you never knew. And IMO it's better to know this early on, when you can still use your warrantee opposed to finding out 3 years down the road...

StRaNgE

Banned
i've downloaded every demo and have no prob whatsoever.

onl;y issue i ever had was the lock up when in PGR3 or other game and on live in a room then hitting X to pull up dashboard while waiting for a game to start.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
What I hate about the brick is that its cord is too short, making it impossible to put the 360 on anything higher than a couple feet. Putting the 360 on top of a TV requires finding something to perch the brick on as well. A real pain in the ass if you ask me.

Hooker said:
That is EXACTLY what you need to do.

Chips get more advanced, the chance of something not working is much greater. If you have a couple of games which don't use that particular transistor which is faulty, you may never know that it was FUBAR'ed all along.

A game can't ever break the console. If it happens, it was broken all along, but you never knew. And IMO it's better to know this early on, when you can still use your warrantee opposed to finding out 3 years down the road...

So in other words, M$ QA is so poor, that they wouldn't have caught defective GPUs during production. That's just wonderful.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
The XBox 360 power supply is ribbed for your pleasure.

tedtropy

SnowWolf said:
My laptop's power brick is bigger than the 360's. It's not a big deal.

Christ, do you have a laptop from the 1980's?

tedtropy

Outcast2004 said:
No one ever complained about the size of the GC's power brick.. which was pretty ddamn large when compared to the tiny system.

GC's power brick was about the size of an average laptop one. The 360 one is pretty honkin', but I don't see why it really matters. It's going to spend the vast majority of its life unseen and slowly catching the mess of cables behind your TV on fire.

qcf x2

My 360 power "brick" never gets more than lukewarm. And I've had it for almost a month now.

The noise factor on the other hand......the bitch is loud (when playing games from a disc, and a good girl when doing anything else).

Even after seeing pictures of it, I seriously found myself surprised as hell when I saw it in person.

It is just a damn monster.

trmas

Banned
Yeah, I think the brick is part of the reason the box is so hefty (for such a small box). Really impressed with the system itself though, and FN3 is the bomb although I suck at it. Funny thing is I've spent more time playing Geometry Wars than anything else so far. Even my wife is pretty impressed with Live, she's awaiting Texas Hold'em and played Hearts last night.

PDZ will be getting here from Gamefly in the next few days, because its shipping out this morning. I'm strangely drawn to that game, even though so many people say it sucks.

Played the Kameo demo and it's beautiful, although the control is wierd. FN3 is great, but I haven't played PGR3 or Condemned yet even though I downloaded them last night.

robot said:
Best comparison I could come up with:

dosie.jpg

Shit, is it that time of year again? Time to find a coworker with a daughter from I can buy cookies from (thin mints ftw).

BTW, I've been out of the loop; what exactly is the fuss here in regards to EA demos fucking up 360's?

railGUN

Banned
trmas said:
The x360 power adapter is HUGE, almost the size of my powerstrip. I mean wow... The 360 interface is REALLY nice, and I'm in the process of downloading demos now. Wish there was one for COD2, and I intend to buy some Live Arcade games tonight. Didn't get any games yet - have Gamefly and I'm waiting impatiently for Oblivion and GRAW. March seems so far away.

But I just decided to pick up the system tonight when they had some premiums at the local Best Buy - at least now I know I will have the system when Oblivion and such come out. Besides FN3 demo and Geometry Wars, any other suggestions?

Wow at the power adapter for this thing though. Makes me wonder how bad the PS3's is going to be.

There's a COD 2 demo in the latest OXM, which also comes with the FFXI Full Beta... 2 decent reasons to buy a pretty crappy otherwise magazine...

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The size of the brick is humorous but what makes it inconvenient isn't the size, its the thick cords to and from the brick that aren't all that flexible that make them a pain to route around a setup you're trying to keep clean looking.

Top Bottom