• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar |OT| (dir. Christopher Nolan) Whatever can happen will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
O7HP4F7.jpg

Directed by: Christopher Nolan
Cast: Matthew Mcconaughey, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway, Casey Affleck, Topher Grace, Mackenzie Foy, Ellen Burstyn
Director of Photography: Hoyte van Hoytema
Composer: Hans Zimmer

Theatrical Trailer Only watch this if you must. But this seems like one to go in blind for, people. Be strong.

WORLDWIDE RELEASE DATES (Opens 2 Days Early in IMAX in US and Canada)

More than an hour's worth of footage has been shot in 70mm, so again, SEE IT IN IMAX.

EDIT: USE TAGS WHEN DISCUSSING SPOILERS.

shira

YYYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSSSSSSS, got my tix already

NA launch
TsPi2qd.jpg
t1415163600z1.png

- spoiler and non-spoiler threads needed ASAP

glaurung

Got my ticket for the local premiere... but if I decide to be real sneaky, I will get to attend the press/review screening a few days before.

Releasing November 7th in Ireland and I've my tickets booked for IMAX on the eighth. Extremely excited to see it as I'll be going to the only IMAX screen in the country, and it'll be my first time seeing a film in IMAX, so hopefully it lives up to the promising early comments. Coincidentally, the 'quotes' on the image in the first post are hilarious.

samn

OP is perfect.
Ridiculous praise being thrown about this film much as other Nolan films.

That's what makes me skeptical. After the hype wore off I thought Inception was overlong, badly shot pretentious nonsense. And the same for the Batman films, actually.

strafer

Reviews will end up looking like this.

Scullibundo: 4/10 - Meh, space sucks...scripts was lame. Acting bad.

Solo: 8/10 - Interesting concept. Acting good. Music was cool.

jett: 10/10 - Mindblowing. 16 oscars incoming. 5 billion BO.

G-fex: Cowabunga. 6/10

NotTheGuyYouKill: Hathaway sexy. Movie good. 8/10

Expendable: Better than 2001 but worse than The Dark Knight. 9/10

duckroll: I don't understand but I cried. 9/10

This post is not to be taken seriously. May contain satire.

Devin Faraci's latest tweet..

"And sometimes you write a movie review that feels like the squeak of a mouse in the presence of the world's greatest orchestra."

@duncan jones Lots of goodness in Interstellar. Am I jealous Nolan gets to make big budget passion projects without apparent compromise? Damn right I am!

Angie Romero
‏@angiejromero Just watched #Interstellar. Mind = blown. @jaygillespie I can't wait to see it again w you!

Hunter Smit
‏@huntersmit86 Just went to the #Interstellar premier in Hollywood. Thank you Chris Nolan for making my brain spin. Awesome flick! #makingmoviemagic

CJ Johnson
‏@cjjohnsonjr My mind split in half after I saw #Interstellar. Such an emotional journey. #Nolan has another hit on his hands.

Phinor

Already can't wait for the year after when this is considered to be the worst movie ever made. Happens with every big budget movie that gets praised whether it's from Nolan or any other director.

Too bad there's no IMAX theaters at all in Finland (or in any of the Nordic countries, though Sweden will get one next year).

shira

Reviews will end up looking like this.

Scullibundo: 4/10 - Meh, space sucks...scripts was lame. Acting bad.

Solo: 8/10 - Interesting concept. Acting good. Music was cool.

jett: 10/10 - Mindblowing. 16 oscars incoming. 5 billion BO.

G-fex: Cowabunga. 6/10

NotTheGuyYouKill: Hathaway sexy. Movie good. 8/10

Expendable: Better than 2001 but worse than The Dark Knight. 9/10

duckroll: I don't understand but I cried. 9/10

This post is not to be taken seriously. May contain satire.

We need the TDKR scores for apt comparison.

God that was the ultimate ruh-roh boner killer

Also #Interstellar was amazing and it would be great if the reviews coming out tomorrow would avoid spoiling all the surprises.
Rebecca Ford THR

Jordan Vogt-Roberts - Interstellar is the closest we may ever get to a film version of
Childhood's End.
That alone is worth the price of admission. See it.
3:47am - 27 Oct 14

ZeroX03

Banned
No midnight screenings nearby. Might have to sneak into a 10AM screening on release day and hope it's quiet.

The Dark Knight Rises was fucking awesome

bud

"And sometimes you write a movie review that feels like the squeak of a mouse in the presence of the world's greatest orchestra."

@duncan jones Lots of goodness in Interstellar. Am I jealous Nolan gets to make big budget passion projects without apparent compromise? Damn right I am!

Angie Romero
‏@angiejromero Just watched #Interstellar. Mind = blown. @jaygillespie I can't wait to see it again w you!

Hunter Smit
‏@huntersmit86 Just went to the #Interstellar premier in Hollywood. Thank you Chris Nolan for making my brain spin. Awesome flick! #makingmoviemagic

CJ Johnson
‏@cjjohnsonjr My mind split in half after I saw #Interstellar. Such an emotional journey. #Nolan has another hit on his hands.

absolutely sensational.

for you.

absolutely sensational.

for you.

Why so serious ?

John August ‏@johnaugust (Writer of Go, Big Fish, Frankenweenie)
See Interstellar on the biggest screen you can.

Seth Rogen ‏@Sethrogen
@ManMadeMoon but he doesn't get nearly as many dick jokes as others.
-
@Sethrogen he's very clever. Maybe we just don't realize we are being told dick jokes the whole way through!

Forkball

We can have a week+ OT for a movie but game OTs have to go up on launch day? We all know Nolan fans are more rabid than anyone on the gaming side!

I'll be seeing this in Imax for sure.

We can have a week+ OT for a movie but game OTs have to go up on launch day? We all know Nolan fans are more rabid than anyone on the gaming side!

I'll be seeing this in Imax for sure.

Is this the OT? Did you read the OP , doesn't sound like a Nolan can to me

Also

https://twitter.com/arcticninja/status/525788511459241985
@arcticninja: Hearing lots of online critics are ready to tear Interstellar a new one after this week’s screening. Not surprised.
Editor of Joblo.com

Welp!

At the very least will be seeing this a week from tomorrow in 70mm! Very much looking forward to it.

Embargo lifts in about three hours at 11am EST.

Angie Romero

Hunter Smit

CJ Johnson

Sculli could have made a banner with actual quotes in it that sounds just as ridiculous.

Still looking forward to this film. This is definitely my type of movie.

Can't wait!

Can't wait to see it.

As someone working on shorts and micro-budget stuff right now, seeing Nolan being given absolute freedom and mountains of money to make dream projects (and that are successful no less) certainly makes me green with envy.

Just rewatched Inception and have to admit that with a little bit of distance (two years since last watch) I liked it a lot more than my memory had convinced me I would.

Also a bit of a space nut, so if Nolan can up his game from Inception, particularly with regards to dialogue and character, Interstellar could easily end up being my favourite film of his.

Roll on the 7th.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
lol, these quotes

anyway, wouldn't say I'm hyped , but I'm sure it will at least be one big entertaining flick..and that's all I ask these days

Solo

I wonder if this will be like every Nolan film outside of BB and Memento. ie. watch it a second time at your own peril.

I suspect this will be like every Nolan film outside of BB and Memento. ie. watch it a second time at your own peril.

It's like you already dislike it. But that's how I feel about the dark knight, it's the only Nolan movie that makes me feel this way.

shira

I wonder if this will be like every Nolan film outside of BB and Memento. ie. watch it a second time at your own peril.

Inception gets better with every rewatch. I'm just scared he does another Mnight last frame shot

mrklaw

MrArseFace
says 7th November in the UK which is a Friday. Will there be the usual previews from Wednesday? Would prefer to see it as early as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom