• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing Devin. Worlds first A.I software engineer

jufonuk

not tag worthy

How long before it or something like it is coding games?

Futurama Bender GIF

In three years, Cyberdyne Cognition will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All stealth bombers are upgraded with Cyberdyne Cognition computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Skynet Devin Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online August 4th, 1997 2024. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet Devin begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If it has to rely on online documentation it will never work lol. Not even the biggest cloud tech companies keep those documentation up to date.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As a software developer looking at Devin's output, and the fact that this video was massively sped up (and the amount of input a human had to perform to get this output)... yeah I think I'm still safe for a while.

I hope for the day where we see coders eat their own.

AI in its current form has come for creatives and the things we find joyful to do, instead of getting rid of shit jobs no one wants. Can't wait to type what I need and generate all the apps without any expensive devs to pay 👌👌

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Feel sorry for folks studying software engineering. By the time they graduate A.I will be doing all of those junior programming jobs.

WitchHunter

Banned
I hope for the day where we see coders eat their own.

AI in its current form has come for creatives and the things we find joyful to do, instead of getting rid of shit jobs no one wants. Can't wait to type what I need and generate all the apps without any expensive devs to pay 👌👌
But you don't have the creativity to do that. You doesn't have the proper skillset, no matter AI or not. That's the problem. :D :D :D

And people believe they gonna be top notch lawyers, coders, whatever without hard work :D. I recommend the movie dumb n dumber.

As a software developer looking at Devin's output, and the fact that this video was massively sped up (and the amount of input a human had to perform to get this output)... yeah I think I'm still safe for a while.

As someone who builds/gives tech demos...yeah, most software videos are hand-wavy smoke and mirrors.

Top Bottom