• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introvert/Lonely GAF: Your Love Solution Is Here, and It Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'd totally do a real doll if given the chance.

Thai

Bane was better.
Once these become cheap enough to have mass market appeal. More importantly, once they become good enough to look like the real thing, we're going to have a very interesting situation.

I mean...i'd be tempted to order something that looked like this for 400$...
87561_summer_glau39_122_76lo.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Then there was the lass I bought a house with back in 2003. I was attempting to help her out of a bad relationship. She claimed to be one of my best friends. She wasn't the least bit romantically interested in me, but I thought that if I helped her and she and I lived under the same roof, eventually she'd view me more favorably. Turns out that didn't happen, as I later discovered that she was a pathological liar with a coke addiction, and I moved out of the house after living there for only four months. That really drove home to me that I guess I'm too trusting with some organics. Some of them can be far too unpredictable. Synthetics have a consistency that I'm thankful for.

*groan*

ugh, this guy.
Ive seen that one documentary.

In 2-300 so many technological advancements will shift the way we live so profoundly that it's pointless to try and make hypothetical arguments like that. I'd be pretty disappointed if in say ~60 years I can't upload my brain somewhere.

You're probably right, as I'm hardly a studied futurist. In my lifetime alone of 25 years I've
seen more technological advances than perhaps any 25 year old from any generation before mine. Things are moving so quickly now that perhaps synthetic companions with customizable personality subroutines will be established by my 70s and as affordable as a new car with similar payment options available.

I don't know, all I know is that when/if that day comes, it's going to send a shock wave around the world and usher in a whole new sexual revolution.

Log4Girlz

You're probably right, as I'm hardly a studied futurist. In my lifetime alone of 25 years I've
seen more technological advances than perhaps any 25 year old from any generation before mine. Things are moving so quickly now that perhaps synthetic companions with customizable personality subroutines will be established by my 70s and as affordable as a new car with similar payment options available.

I don't know, all I know is that when/if that day comes, it's going to send a shock wave around the world and usher in a whole new sexual revolution.

Imagine being born 1900 and going from horse and buggy to cars and airplanes.

Pau

I remember seeing a documentary where a guy was in a commited relationship AND had a collection of real dolls.

Basically it's part of a fetish and not just men/women who can't get with anyone. These things are actually very expensive and a pain to maintain.

Or these guys just hate women.
See, if it's just a sexual fetish I can kind of get it. But the reasoning behind why at least this guy in particular wants it is one that shows that he can't really deal with actual human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom