• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ion Fury Game Content Will Not Be Censored

What did REEEE want censored in this game? I'm a little out of the loop on this one.
A bottle of soap that says O'GAY

And text that says F@gbag that isn't in the game (you have to no clip and walk out of bounds to see it) that they are pretending is in clear view of the playr

May be more. Thats my understanding

Add to the fact that this is all because they got fooled into outrage by a troll...

Birdo

Banned
I wish half the posts on Neogaf weren't about reset era and whatever goes on there. Why does everyone care so much?

Why do the Sith hate the Jedi?
Why does Batman hate The Joker?
Why do the Autobots hate the Decepticons?
Why do Democrats hate Republicans?
Why does Japan hate Western Games?
Why do Lesbians hate Everyone?

We need our conflict. It's what makes us human :messenger_grinning:

WindomURL

Fully desalinated

Good on em, many blessings!
iu

DESTROYA

Was going to avoid it not necessarily because they were going to censor it but my backlog is pretty huge but now that it’s uncensored and the developers came to there senses will buy.

Filben

Ogay!

I mean, most people they pissed off weren't gonna buy it anyways. I've read so many comments like "nah, too late, I don't take it, don't support it in any way". Should have had the iron balls from the beginning.

crumbs

nice are all the reactionaries who said they were not gonna play this cos they bent to REE now gonna play this rad game?

What if it were those 'reactionaries' that lead to this current anti-censorship re-reversal? If everyone just went along with things like you're constantly suggesting in these threads, do you think this would have happened?

I mean, most people they pissed off weren't gonna buy it anyways. I've read so many comments like "nah, too late, I don't take it, don't support it in any way". Should have had the iron balls from the beginning.

Uuuuhhh...I don't think so. The game is known to be very good. If they let the game spoke for itself, it would've been a instant hit.

I will get the game now too due to the turn of events.

Last edited:

Shifty

I guess I'll quote myself from the main thread since we're doing another one about this. Big praise to VP for making a top game, but fuck 3DR for being spineless cowards and hiding behind the studio they've been forcing garbage policy on.

Hooray! I wonder if they'll be canceling that frivolous donation now as well. (Doubt it.)

I have to give 3D Realms a great big FUCK OFF with this "we stand together" garbage. It was them that pushed Voidpoint into following the instructions of Stride, their PR company, and caused this whole goddamn mess by kowtowing in the first place.

Bunch of pathetic goddamn cowards. I'll stan for Voidpoint because they made a brilliant game, but 3DR can take a long walk off a short cliff with the way they've behaved here. They've forgotten the identity they built their brand on, and it shouldn't take two consecutive blow-ups to make them remember it.

Last edited:
Reality must have kicked in.

Most negative reviews are a result of individuals frustrated by the developer which gave in to the ideologically possessed chatter of very small minorities of people which are generally despised by an overwhelmingly vast majority; This "controversy" does not exist on Reddit, as far as can tell. Youtube's gaming community showed a small bit of interest towards this and, with no exception that i am aware of, has condemned the publisher & the developer because they gave in to the 'social-justice' warriors. Steam's community has done the same as a response. Reddit, Youtube and Steam hosts the biggest gaming communities on Earth, if you want any sort of accuracy pertaining to the general opinions of individuals interested in the hobby, you look at these communities.

I still don't understand what on Earth were 3D Realms even imagining was going to happen. The overwhelmingly vast majority of individuals out there do not like social justice warriors and the far - left spectrum of politics.

PocoJoe

Banned
Too late for me. I dont support this "get offended by anything" culture so I have to skip this game because they didnt tell stupidoes to fuck off

Looks like nothing will be censored afterall. Good on them.
Too late, not buying it. Only reason why they are not now is because they saw the review bombs on Steam. They still think the same way.

rob305

I dont play on PC but i want to support the dev and gift it to someone on steam. Reply with your steam username and I’ll send you a friend request and gift you the game.
Only condition: you have to give the game a 5 star review

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Maybe the training was just letting everyone play the game with a ridiculously high mouse sensitivity.

Hosam6xavi

Banned
I'm going to buy the game know when it launch on switch

Every game stedio now should follow suit and say fuck you to every attempt of censoreing from reeeeeeeee outrage mob users

nice are all the reactionaries who said they were not gonna play this cos they bent to REE now gonna play this rad game?
What if it were those 'reactionaries' that lead to this current anti-censorship re-reversal? If everyone just went along with things like you're constantly suggesting in these threads, do you think this would have happened?
It is an interesting conversation to have.

Regardless of whether or not the Publishers changed course or not, the opposition to the outrage would have always been labeled as "the man babies".

How do we stand in opposition to horseshit and be seen as more than just the mirror image of the Outrage and that whole Culture? By being different. And I would say that was mission accomplished this time. Far to often that isn't the case tho.

We didn't have coordination for harassment, review bombing, doxxing or attempts, not trying to get people fired. No discussion of opinion no matter what you thought was suppressed. The Outrage groups can't say the same thing.

Thats not to say people didn't review bomb (for example). But I've seen no encouragement to act or take action on a group level except for the outrage groups.

In the end, individuals spoke up and had more impact that coordinated outrage groups. Certainly a positive thing considering many of the Game "Journalist" side with the Outrage Groups to maximize the clicks.

Madonis

Unfortunately, the lesson learned is that whoever whines the loudest "wins" even if the prize is something pretty stupid and inconsequential. There's actual censorship of important game content, such as degrees of violence or depiction of characters, which wasn't happening here, and then there's...this case. Objectively speaking, it wasn't worth all this noise.

I don't think anything was gained by the developers just listening to a different group of whiners who were complaining about the whining by the earlier group. Ultimately...It's such a circular and ironic situation, at best, and a rather hypocritical one at worst.

I had already bought the game and wasn't refunding it over editing a stupid and unnecessary joke. Not going to refund it today either, for whatever that matters, but I am not going to pretend this is worth celebrating.

So no, this isn't "common sense". Common sense would have been for everyone to act like adults.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Thanks for not giving yourselves up for a bunch of whinny minorities that won't even touch your games.

I suggest take this as a lesson. This goes to ANY developer:

Those fools from Resetera do not support or play games at all. By submiting to their terms, you're putting a nail in your own coffin. They don't want your games, they don't want your respect, they don't want your apologies...they want you to smash your head in the mud and laugh at you.

Kamina

Golden Boy
zAmGbHl.jpg

REEsetEra: We're not salty. The Ogay sprite never bother us anyway. It was never the issue. Small matter! We are fine, we are not bothered by the backtrack at all!............By the way, this game is off our wishlist!
I am looking forward the the inevitable moment when Reee will implode one day.
There will me many casualties, but it will be glorious.

DryPancakes

Banned
I think the """censorship""" is the least of the problems here, the fact that an opinion, a sensical one, and some minor harmless "problematic" jokes devolved into apologies, re-education and changes to appease a small group of internet bullies is the real problem, what these companies in general need is a backbone and to stand behind their developers, instead of throwing them under the bus at the first sight of cancel culture bullies, which I think is already established, are not the real audience.

It's great that the devs have realized that pandering to a hate mob that was not interested in their game would be futile. This should also serve as a valuable lesson for other devs/publishers whenever they will face complaints from Era and SJWs.
Depends on whether major sites report on the situation (truthfully) because they stopped reporting once they issued an apology. Never mentioning the bigger shit storm

petran79

Banned
Reminds me of the reaction of a journalist few months ago , when an 80s cop tv series adventure game (Beat Cop) arrived of Switch and it did not use PC language of this decade and he wanted it removed by Nintendo. Fortunately they did not change anything, neither should have Ion Fury devs.

They should leave smaller devs alone really. They are the creative force behind video games today, not the multi-million juggernauts. They are also more open to discussions, not hiding behind HR and authorization walls . No reason to raise a crusade against them when you can talk openly online and raise your points.

Chittagong

Gold Member
3D Realms must have the worst PR firm, good lord. Haven't seen a publisher flip flop this many times in such a short period of time. Or maybe they are the best PR firm? I've confused myself now.

Happy to see the positive reactions across the internet.

Madonis

I love the way many on REE are acting like they didnt have a problem with the sprites, and it was more to do with the discord messages. Backpeddling at its finest.

Not that I share the ridiculous amount of voyeurism on this website towards that other forum...but this whole mess did begin with the discord messages.

Top Bottom