• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 11 |OT| iPad becomes useful

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah my box account comes through my employer who force turns on password authentication. The password authentication prevents me from using the files app with box. I don't use box for much so its not a big deal but I hope they find a solution.

Hmm, yeah.
My Box app is locked with TouchID so it doesn't really work with Files unless I'm missing something.

It tells me to Open Box to authenticate, but nothing happens.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
grabbed a block stacking "game" for ARKit.. on iphone 7.

I'll say... you really need to experience ARKit in person, running at 60fps on your own phone, to appreciate how impressive it actually is. It may or may not change the world.. but 100% absolutely the most stable AR I've ever experienced. Second place so far isn't even close.

Belker

It says I'll lose Good Reader and Sim City DLX.

I've not played Sim City in a long time, but I enjoyed it when I did.

Vuze

Download stopped with 1 minute remaining because "lack of space". This is uncomfortably reminiscient of my latest Windows 10 interlude lol. That 16GB life can't end soon enough

mrklaw

MrArseFace
grabbed a block stacking "game" for ARKit.. on iphone 7.

I'll say... you really need to experience ARKit in person, running at 60fps on your own phone, to appreciate how impressive it actually is. It may or may not change the world.. but 100% absolutely the most stable AR I've ever experienced. Second place so far isn't even close.

Stack AR? Pretty nice.

After upgrading on my iPhone 6, when the screen goes from black to displaying my wallpaper, it kind of fades in slowly enough that the transition is noticeable. Is this a feature or a sign that it’s running sluggishly?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Stack AR? Pretty nice.

yeah. overall not super impressive.. but was free and and I was pretty blown away by how stable the AR was. will be more interested in a longer playing app and seeing if there is any drift, and if so how bad?

Also curious to see how any hardware upgrades affect it (i.e. dual cameras, A11, iphone X, etc)

edit - I did buy sky guide years ago.. so redownloaded that and will play with it tonight. It always was AR basically.. will be cool to see the ARKit upgrades.

Guess Who

Banned
After upgrading on my iPhone 6, when the screen goes from black to displaying my wallpaper, it kind of fades in slowly enough that the transition is noticeable. Is this a feature or a sign that it’s running sluggishly?

There is an intentionally more noticeable fade effect when you wake up the phone now, if that's what you mean.

thechemist

I get the same on my 6, I thought it was just a transition feature they added.... Overall it runs pretty well (have been on the GM for the past week).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
yeah. overall not super impressive.. but was free and and I was pretty blown away by how stable the AR was. will be more interested in a longer playing app and seeing if there is any drift, and if so how bad?

Also curious to see how any hardware upgrades affect it (i.e. dual cameras, A11, iphone X, etc)

edit - I did buy sky guide years ago.. so redownloaded that and will play with it tonight. It always was AR basically.. will be cool to see the ARKit upgrades.

How do you get ARkit to work? I donwloaded stack but it isn't using AR.

Sean

Banned
WatchOS4 not showing up for me after deleting both beta profile on my phone and watch and restarting both

You probably have the GM build of Watch OS 4 installed, which is the same as final. In the Watch app go to General -> About and see if your build number is 4.0 (16R372), that is the final one afaik.

Stupid questi time. How do I remove ”apps" from my iMessage app draw?

In the apps drawer, scroll all the way to the far right. There's an icon that says "More" where you can toggle on/off any apps from that screen.

empyrean

You probably have the GM build of Watch OS 4 installed, which is the same as final. In the Watch app go to General -> About and see if your build number is 4.0 (16R372), that is the final one afaik.

In the apps drawer, scroll all the way to the far right. There's an icon that says "More" where you can toggle on/off any apps from that screen.

Thank you.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Seems snappier than 10 on my 6s so far. At least one app has bit the bust due to forced 64-bit, but eh, I can live without it.

Daffy Duck

Running great on my 6S too.

Scrolling speed in the browser will take some getting used to, really fast now.

Not overly keen on the fade in when you turn the screen on with the power button.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Slide over is irritating

Open safari - click on youtube link which switches to youtube app. Press the 'back to safari' link in the top left corner - safari slides out from the side in a little window.

I guess at some point I used safari in slideover mode and it’s rememberd that combination. But I don’t want it now.

Pachimari

I’m not fond of the fat font. I’m also not sure I like the new multi-tasking. I think it was much easier and quicker switching between apps in split view before. Maybe I just need getting used to the new system.

To check if you have any 32-Bit apps installed go to Settings -> General -> About
And if you can click on Applications, it'll show you a list of them. If you can't click it, then you have none.

Oooh cool. Thanks for the protips. Never knew this was even a feature.

Some apps in that list, but just some old games I don't really care about. Updating now! Holy shit 2 gb!

Yeh... getting some jank when moving apps around on the iPad Air 2. Pro seems to be handling it fine though feels like a brand new device again and the new features are great...

Just need more developers to release the iOS 11 versions of their apps.

hmmm, my 6+ seemingly died during the update, despite being plugged into a computer.

still not turning on despite being plugged in for like a half an hour.

Top Bottom