• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Apps | Hello flatness, my old friend

schick85

For those using downcast, are the buttons on the lock screen "go back/go forward 15 seconds" or "go back/go forward one episode"?

If it's the latter, are there any apps that uses the former besides the official podcast app?

MasLegio

Banned
Evernote's Penultimate is free at the moment.

when did Evernote buy Penultimate?

I have barely touched this app
might take a closer look on this app now if it makes good use of evernote

though notes usually look like shit on these notetaking apps, so I always end up typing instead. Faster and more readable.

Quick

Banned
when did Evernote buy Penultimate?

I have barely touched this app
might take a closer look on this app now if it makes good use of evernote

though notes usually look like shit on these notetaking apps, so I always end up typing instead. Faster and more readable.

Same, but I'll keep on my iPad for now. I'm sure I'll have something to use it for at some point.

Does anyone know if any of the 3rd party podcast apps (Downcast, Instacast, Pocketcasts, etc) have the ability to download podcasts to the same location as the Apple podcast app does? The reason I ask is that I've never been a fan of the way that Apple app operates, but the one thing that I like about it is that you can use Siri to start a podcast by name with it. I want to switch to something else (I have Instacast 2, but I'm not a huge fan of it). Any help is appreciated.

Is there a way I can find out what the latest released apps are for a particular function/subject. For example I would like to know the latest apps released for learning Japanese. There doesn't seem to be a chronological search function.

railGUN

Banned
Is there a way I can find out what the latest released apps are for a particular function/subject. For example I would like to know the latest apps released for learning Japanese. There doesn't seem to be a chronological search function.

Once you search on the App Store, it has some filters at the top, one should default to "Relevance", if you select that, you get a drop down and "Release Date" is a filter you can choose. Is that what you're looking for?

Rekwest

You need APPSHOPER.

think

Neo Member
Hey all, I'm switching from Windows Phone to iPhone. One of the things I really enjoy about Windows Phone is that it lets me link my contact data together with Facebook and twitter streams, and then pin my girlfriend's tile to the homescreen so that I can see when she makes a status update. Is there an app that does something similar for iOS?

Pachimari

I restored my iPhone yesterday in preparation for the jailbreak but now I lost App Shoppper. I got the app on my computer but iTunes c an transfer it to my phone. Is there another way to get it on my phone?

Vyer

Hey all, I'm switching from Windows Phone to iPhone. One of the things I really enjoy about Windows Phone is that it lets me link my contact data together with Facebook and twitter streams, and then pin my girlfriend's tile to the homescreen so that I can see when she makes a status update. Is there an app that does something similar for iOS?

There are options to turn on notifications in the official Twitter app, and the ability to select notifications for anyone you are following. Presumably if you have Twitter notfiications on in Settings it would drop that in your notification center, but I've never tried it.

EDIT: I just tested it for you. It works.

Once you search on the App Store, it has some filters at the top, one should default to "Relevance", if you select that, you get a drop down and "Release Date" is a filter you can choose. Is that what you're looking for?

I'm not seeing this on the iPhone. Am I doing something wrong?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I restored my iPhone yesterday in preparation for the jailbreak but now I lost App Shoppper. I got the app on my computer but iTunes c an transfer it to my phone. Is there another way to get it on my phone?

Hm? If you have a local copy you should be able to just drag the app (aka install) onto the phone via iTunes.

You sure you have the actual .ipa file stored on your PC and its not just listed in your library?

Pachimari

Hm? If you have a local copy you should be able to just drag the app (aka install) onto the phone via iTunes.

You sure you have the actual .ipa file stored on your PC and its not just listed in your library?
It might be that I don't have the ipa oh nooo. I still have App Shopper on my iPad mini, how can I transfer it to my iTunes? Just a normal transfer, because I did that with my iPhone 5 but it doesn't seem to be on my Mac.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It might be that I don't have the ipa oh nooo. I still have App Shopper on my iPad mini, how can I transfer it to my iTunes? Just a normal transfer, because I did that with my iPhone 5 but it doesn't seem to be on my Mac.

Transfer purchases should do it.

MasLegio

Banned
Does anyone have a picture or list of the apps that are suggested in the popup that appears the very first time you start App Store on the iPad (mini).

Accidentally missed it and I cannot see it again when restarting the AppStore

Kreven

Does anyone have a picture or list of the apps that are suggested in the popup that appears the very first time you start App Store on the iPad (mini).

Accidentally missed it and I cannot see it again when restarting the AppStore

You can see the same list in the 'Apps Made by Apple' featured section in the App Store.

Skype 4.5 for iPad is out. Their UI is getting weirder with each release.

rXmmDRn.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/skype-for-ipad/id442012681?mt=8

Kurdel

Banned
So, what is up with the Apple Remote app? There is that awesome iTunes 11 album interface, which I prefer over the old interface in the Music app...

skitch.png

vs. music app

skitch.png

Also, the Skitch app from evernote is awesome at quickly hosting and posting pictures on an iPad. This post took like 2 minutes.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yeah, that's nice. I hope they bring the iTunes 11 interface into iOS 7 to replace what we got from the Forstall era. Apple has a big chance to wow us with iOS 7 now. Let's hope they don't screw it up. I've already watched a few of my friends switch to Android. Though one did end up switching from Windows to Mac in the process so I guess it balanced out there.

So, what is up with the Apple Remote app? There is that awesome iTunes 11 album interface, which I prefer over the old interface in the Music app...

skitch.png

I generally like the iTunes 11 interface, but that album background color matching/blending effect is freaking terrible. It only works effectively in like 1 out of 50 albums.

Quick

Banned
A little over 262,000 ahead of me.

I don't use the mail app often, but why not. Sucks that it's Gmail only, but the devs did say they plan to expand it to other services.

It's only gone down ~500 since I signed up 4 hours ago. I'll have access within 6 months it seems.

Same here... The thing I loved most, aside from the reservation number and code, I didn't receive a text message from them saying the app was live until after I had read about it elsewhere.

Top Bottom