• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Dec/Jan: GET

igor

Is original Shin Megami Tensei worth 4 euro? I love the series but I do wonder if the games is t a bit too old now to enjoy.

colinp

Banned
Lamp N Vamp didn't do anything for me. Small annoying things like the time it takes for the enemy to move just made me want to play Hoplite instead. No one can take away the King!

How is Icewind Dale? I've been out of the ios scene for a while but always heard legendary things about this game and would love a meaty RPG to sink my teeth into.

Is it going to kick my ass or will I be ok even if I never played a game like this before? Only played modern console WRPGs like Fallout 3/NV, Elder Scrolls, Bioware stuff from KOTOR on and older JRPGs.

awp69

How is Icewind Dale? I've been out of the ios scene for a while but always heard legendary things about this game and would love a meaty RPG to sink my teeth into.

Is it going to kick my ass or will I be ok even if I never played a game like this before? Only played modern console WRPGs like Fallout 3/NV, Elder Scrolls, Bioware stuff from KOTOR on and older JRPGs.

I have the Android version and it was kicking my ass. Need to get back to it one day. But it definately is not an easy game. I guess I hadn't played games like it and Baldur's Gate in years so I was taken back when even early in the game my party was getting wiped out.

But could just be me and I'm sure I would get better at it if I took some time to do things right like making sure ranged members of the party are doing damage to weaken enemies first, etc.

Too many games and I got sucked into Banner Saga around the same time. I shall return to Icewind Dale someday.

So I finally tallied up the votes in the Mobile GOTY thread and I'm currently working on a results thread. But you guys get the first look at the results. Here are the top 15 games:

1) Monument Valley (75 points)
2) Threes (55 points)
3) 80 Days (45 points)
4) Hitman Go (44 points)
5) Hearthstone (37 points)
5) Terra Battle (37 points)
6) Out There (31 points)
7) The Banner Saga (29 points)
8) Valiant Hearts (23 points)
9) Wayward Souls (22 points)
9) Kingdom Rush: Origins (22 points)
10) FTL (18 points)
---
11) Crossy Road (14 points)
12) Traps n' Gemstones (12 points)
13) Leo's Fortune (11 points)
14) Desert Golfing (10 points)
14) Star Realms (10 points)
15) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (9 points)
15) Battleheart: Legacy (9 points)
15) Kero Blaster (9 points)

Corgi

Banned
semantics thing, but am I the only one that doesn't think Hearthstone or any tablet only game should be allowed in 'mobile GOTY' category unless there is a phone version?

bah, need hearthstone on my phone already!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
526 on Crossy road. Feels good and I can probably take a break. Was stuck on 498 for ages so really wanted to break the 500 mark.

Dragoshi1

Hey guys, how well does Dragon Quest VIII run on iPad Mini 2?

I've been wanting a good RPG for a while, and I don't have any other way of playing the game.

One of the coolest little touches in Yet It Moves is the animations. You have a simple jump you do, but once momentum kicks, your guy starts flailing his arms and legs as you fly through the air and it really adds to the spectacle and platforming. Or when you upend the world and you start sliding down a slope, scrambling for a handhold, It really sells the rotating mechanic

1) Monument Valley (75 points)
2) Threes (55 points)
3) 80 Days (45 points)
4) Hitman Go (44 points)
5) Hearthstone (37 points)
5) Terra Battle (37 points)
6) Out There (31 points)
7) The Banner Saga (29 points)
8) Valiant Hearts (23 points)
9) Wayward Souls (22 points)
9) Kingdom Rush: Origins (22 points)

thanks for doing that. to compare to the GAF game of the year mobile top 10:

1. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft = 252 points, 8 honorable mentions
2. The Wolf Among Us: Episodes 2-5 = 155 points, 11 honorable mentions
3. Valiant Hearts: The Great War = 148 points, 13 honorable mentions
4. The Banner Saga = 124 points, 6 honorable mentions
5. Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall = 84 points, 2 honorable mentions
6. Threes = 61 points, 4 honorable mentions
7. 80 Days = 58 points, 2 honorable mentions
8. Monument Valley = 53 points, 5 honorable mentions
9. Broken Age: Act 1 = 32 points, 8 honorable mentions
10. Hitman Go = 29 points, 3 honorable mentions

awp69

thanks for doing that. to compare to the GAF game of the year mobile top 10:

1. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft = 252 points, 8 honorable mentions
2. The Wolf Among Us: Episodes 2-5 = 155 points, 11 honorable mentions
3. Valiant Hearts: The Great War = 148 points, 13 honorable mentions
4. The Banner Saga = 124 points, 6 honorable mentions
5. Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall = 84 points, 2 honorable mentions
6. Threes = 61 points, 4 honorable mentions
7. 80 Days = 58 points, 2 honorable mentions
8. Monument Valley = 53 points, 5 honorable mentions
9. Broken Age: Act 1 = 32 points, 8 honorable mentions
10. Hitman Go = 29 points, 3 honorable mentions

Huh? There was another GAF mobile poll? I thought Bronxsta's was the only NeoGAF mobile GoTY thread. Or is this compiled of the mobile games nominated in the overall GoTY poll?

Sorry if I'm being stupid.

Top Bottom