• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Dec/Jan: GET

So I'm working on the Feb thread and for the "Releasing this month" section, so far I have SwapQuest, Metamorphabet, and Rex Rocket. Anything else set to release in February?

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered is out in NZ, By Aspyr.
$12.99NZ which i think is around $9.99 us?

MFI controller support too!

" please ensure you have 6GB of storage space on your iOS device." !!

RuneSpell Overture is out, iPad only, $4.99.

It's a neat RPG with poker mechanics, played it on Steam some time ago, high recommendation.

SiDCrAzY

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered is out in NZ, By Aspyr.
$12.99NZ which i think is around $9.99 us?

MFI controller support too!

" please ensure you have 6GB of storage space on your iOS device." !!

Damn, I don't know if I'll be able to clear enough space..I'm assuming this will be 3GB installed if it needs 6GB.

Nitrome just doesn't slow down. They got three more IOS games in the works
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Silly+Sausage/news.asp?c=63389
nitrome-green-ninja.jpg

nitrome-magic-touch.jpg

nitrome-silly-sausage.jpg

flowsnake

Here's what's still to come today/tomorrow:

Heroes of Might and Magic (By Ubisoft)
And Yet it Moves (By Broken rules)
Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)
Playworld Superheroes (By Starship-group)
Indigo Prophecy (By Quantic Dream published by Aspyr)
Disney Infinity 2.0 (By Disney)
Soul Seeker (By Com2US)

Is there any indication of what HOMM3 will cost on iOS?

Don't update Don't Shoot Yourself if you have it installed. Not only is it now F2P, with ads, the devs added a currency to buy continues
http://toucharcade.com/2015/01/28/dont-shoot-yourself-update/

Also altered how you progress:
The game has changed its progression: where before, star ratings were awarded based on how many bullets had gone unfired, with the count increasing when you didn't move, now the game has you try to complete a level at a certain difficulty to earn a certain number of stars, with progression gated off until you earn that many stars.

Wow, so Auro got Kickstarted all the way back in 2012. Almost three years in development. It better be one really impressive tactical roguelike

awp69

Wow, so Auro got Kickstarted all the way back in 2012. Almost three years in development. It better be one really impressive tactical roguelike

I need to play the Android version again. There's been a lot of updates to it. I kind of dropped it at first due to lost progress and some strange stuff like starting in the middle of the game without even having a tutorial.

But it seemed fun. Kind of a mix of a more arcade like experience with bouncing to kill enemies, knocking them out of the gameplay area. But at the same time still very challenging, and, yeah, a good amount of strategy to plan things out or die.

Thinking it now is out of its sort of "public beta" on Android so need to try it again and see if it's more fluid as far as the tutorial and story.

Nyx

Hero Emblems, I guess I am missing something obvious, but the first boss (in the graveyard near the 1st town) kicks my ass every damn time...

bedlamite

Are games making effective use of the A8x chip in the Air 2 yet? I'd like to get back into iOS gaming (sold my OG mini some time back) so I've been mulling over a purchase. I don't care so much about screen sizes, but I'd like to save money wherever I can. I figure if nothing's stressing the A8x yet I might as well just go with the much cheaper mini 2?

chunk3rvd

Anyone playing this new Sim City game and having battery issues? It just devoured 40% of my battery in 4 minutes of play. Admittedly my battery is fucked as I've had my 5S for 13 months now but this just seems crazy :/

Edit: seems like my phone is just fucked. Plugged my portable battery in and it instantly jumped up from 5% to 53%. Anyone changed a battery themselves before? Is it difficult? I've dismantled and reassembled a PS3 before due to YLOD so I do have basic experience with this sort of thing. Can't deal with this for 10 more months while I wait for an upgrade

Rekwest

Anyone playing this new Sim City game and having battery issues? It just devoured 40% of my battery in 4 minutes of play. Admittedly my battery is fucked as I've had my 5S for 13 months now but this just seems crazy :/

Edit: seems like my phone is just fucked. Plugged my portable battery in and it instantly jumped up from 5% to 53%. Anyone changed a battery themselves before? Is it difficult? I've dismantled and reassembled a PS3 before due to YLOD so I do have basic experience with this sort of thing. Can't deal with this for 10 more months while I wait for an upgrade

http://www.cellphonelabs.com/change-iphone-battery/

JCho133

Are games making effective use of the A8x chip in the Air 2 yet? I'd like to get back into iOS gaming (sold my OG mini some time back) so I've been mulling over a purchase. I don't care so much about screen sizes, but I'd like to save money wherever I can. I figure if nothing's stressing the A8x yet I might as well just go with the much cheaper mini 2?

Every game that utilizes Metal is making effective use of that A8x chip

Impressive isn't the word I'd use. It's...fairly good. And ugly.
Hmmm

These impressions are more positive
Still playing it, still loving it, probably a good thousand matches in since the initial Android release. The reason: This game is one of the best examples of emergent gameplay I've ever seen.

A small example for those who've never seen the game: You can e.g. place down ice and let monsters slide across it into the water (that's a relatively simple interaction). But then you could also place a flame down, then place ice so that it surrounds that flame, and then make a monster slide over the ice tiles into the flame. Then you could place an air vortex, let a monster slide across ice into the vortex, which then makes it fly into the air, an additional tile further, and maybe into a flame you placed before. You see where this is going, I think. Those are just 3 spells and they have a lot more depth to offer, but then there are right now 9 total spells in the game. And on top of that all the monsters have their own tactical abilities that also interact in tons of interesting ways with one another, the terrain, and the spells. It's a super-tight system, where every element truly has its place.

Any other thoughts?

awp69

Hmm, who do I believe?
Toucharcade gives Fahrenheit a 4.5 out of 5
Pocket Gamer gives it a 4 out of 10

To me it sounds like PG just didn't like the game itself vs. the quality of the port.

I played the Xbox version many moons ago and didn't finish it but it was a good game. My take is if you either already playd and liked the console version, the port sounds good. If like pretty twisted stories like Twin Peaks (if you are old enough to remember it), then you'd probably dig it too.

I'm debating on Radiation Island. I'm not huge on games where a lot of time is spent exploring, crafting and/or just finding supplies,etc. One reason I do more iOS gaming is to dive right into the action here and there. But reading elsewhere, sounds like a winner. And also sounds like the zombies and other foes don't take long to appear.

For $3, it sounds like a steal. It's the 1.4 GB that I'm giving up that is more painful.

Hell...I'll probably get it...

awp69

That office QTE though lmao.

Yeah, I did get that far. Pretty funny and f*cked up.

I bit on Radiation Island so will be passing on Indigo Prophecy anyway, for space alone.

Probably won't get to play RI until tonight but will try to post some impressions.

awp69

Funny to see Josh from Crescent Moon (a great guy, very responsive and easy to talk to so no offense to him) admit that you could theoretically get through the main quest in Exiles in about an hour and, even he says they need to add more to what is a large and largely empty open world.

I just don't get why they released it without adding more content. A massive desert with very little to do is as boring as it sounds. All it did was bring negative attention to the game regardless of whether they add content later on.

And that's not including the bugs and lackluster story itself...

Oh well, few devs can consistently release great product so I still hold CM in high regard. And Josh is by far the most honest dev/publisher I think I've ever talked to, readily admitting mistakes like Space Chicks going freemium. He's a classy guy.

Top Bottom