• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IOS Gaming February 2015 | Under New Management

Heel

Is there a level select, though? I kinda wish I could go back to learn and perfect each section to score attack. As it stands it's very much about reacting to what's coming more so than getting in the groove, if that makes sense. It's really great in spite of that, though. Nice find.

killercow

Is there a level select, though? I kinda wish I could go back to learn and perfect each section to score attack. As it stands it's very much about reacting to what's coming more so than getting in the groove, if that makes sense. It's really great in spite of that, though. Nice find.

You can't. I've also found out that there are some differences even when you play on the same planet. There's a crazy amount of variations in there.

What you can do though is hit the "reload" button on the bottom left corner to replay the same planet that you failed. It's not gonna be exactly the same pattern though.

I'm 18th on the leadbord o/

I completely missed the new thread

Great OP More_Badass!
Something something Community section...

---
Anyway, so...who here hasn't played English Country Tune? It's on sale for $0.99 at the moment, and it's one of those kinds of puzzle games. Mysterious, abstract, brain-meltingly hard at times. It's from Increpare, one of the most prolific indie devs around; just check out his site. English Country Tune is all about learning and adapting, because it's constantly throwing new things at you and then using those new things to create really hard, really tricky puzzles. Recommended for any puzzle fan who wants a challenge

Edit: yup, second group of levels already bringing the heat. If there's one flaw, it's that the PC version has much more colorful, vibrant graphics that would totally be possible on today's devices, but I guess the graphics had to be downgraded for 2011 devices. But seriously, if you want a puzzle game that twists your brain in knots and does it with smart unique mechanics that you won't find in any other puzzle game on IOS, get English Country Tune

You know you want it

Unbroken
It's a Dark Souls-inspired rogue-lite, in development
As The Returner, fight through hordes of monsters as you work your way towards the heart of a mysterious citadel.When you die, purchase upgrades to grow stronger (such as the ability to freeze enemies or set them on fire)

Features a fast-paced 2-touch combat system with many defensive (block, parry, evade) and offensive (launch, juggle, break guard options). Also features complex, creepy enemies and bosses with uniquely dangerous abilities.

Quickening.gif

SuperJuggle.gif

Jungle600.jpg

Benedict

Thought I saw something written about Zero Age here.

Did not like the game at all.

A game where controls are essential makes this game fail in its most important aspect.
Managed 10 minutes before I had enough.

awp69

TWEWY has been removed from the App Store.

Hope SE is still working on a fix.

I have a feeling that when it comes back it will be universal. But if they handle it like they did Lara Croft, only iPad owners will get the new version, which is BS but we'll see.

Hands-on preview of Alto's Adventure from PG:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Ato's+Adventure/news.asp?c=63290
Alto's Adventure has various weather effects, and a working day and night cycle that carries across each replay.

So, you could start at dawn as the sun rises, and fall off at night time when the moon is shining. When you restart, it will still be night time, and eventually the sun will come back up as you ride.

You'll drift through quiet hillside towns, past lonesome windmills, and through dark forests of huge trees.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I've been having a great time with Spider-Man Unlimited in the past few days. After you get through the first few tutorialized sections and the game gives you more freedom there's a lot of things to do. Multiple stages, events, upgrades, collectibles, chaining combos in different ways, missions, different versions of Spider-Man with their own skills, and so on. It's just a good-looking and well-designed runner (there's even iCloud saving through GC, no FB required), and it always feels like the people involved give a damn about the franchise. Yeah, eventually there is some grinding involved (which I enjoy :p), but it's always pretty fun and addictive.

I know that "Gameloft energy-based licensed runner with IAP" should be a massive red flag, but if you're into runners and/or likes Spider-Man I totally suggest giving this a try if you haven't yet. Funny how two licensed games are on my top list of great runners (this one and PikPok's Maze Runner).

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I know that "Gameloft energy-based licensed runner with IAP" should be a massive red flag, but if you're into runners and/or likes Spider-Man I totally suggest giving this a try if you haven't yet. Funny how two licensed games are on my top list of great runners (this one and PikPok's Maze Runner).

Sticky Studios and ourselves are still working on updates for this BTW.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sticky Studios and ourselves are still working on updates for this BTW.
Sweet! I'm still going to post what I think of the new additions, I just want to go play more of the old and new stages first. There's a lot more than I expected, I'm loving having an excuse to go through the old levels again though.

Nyx

How have you found Title Challenge? Any different to my impressions on the previous page?

Ah yeah wanted to reply to your impressions after reading them but forgot...

I have the same feeling as you, ofcourse I knew already that the game would be ''back to basics'' but it's so barebones that there's hardly any fun to be had.

Set a tactic, buy/sell a few players, press continue.

That's about it. And as you I don't have the feeling my decisions have any impact on the results.

Anilones

Ah yeah wanted to reply to your impressions after reading them but forgot...

I have the same feeling as you, ofcourse I knew already that the game would be ''back to basics'' but it's so barebones that there's hardly any fun to be had.

Set a tactic, buy/sell a few players, press continue.

That's about it. And as you I don't have the feeling my decisions have any impact on the results.

Pity, I would have liked a solid basic football management game.

awp69

What good tower defence game should I play that's not Cursed TD2 or Kingdom Rush?

The Anomaly (1-2, Korea) series is great if you'd like a change where it's a reverse TD. Anomaly Defenders is more traditional TD that has a cool skill tree systed and, like the others, is quite a looker.

Fieldrunners, particularly the second one, is also recommended.

Another less traditional TD is Go Dinosaurs, in which the towers must be placed like puzzle pieces and you have a gopher like dude who you can move around and manually attack the dinosaurs.

I've also heard great things about Crystal Siege (iPad only) and is on my wish list.

awp69

I cannot figure out why the Wi-Fi on my mini 2 has gone to shit over the past week. I've tried deleting things to make more space(even though I never had these kind of issues even filled to the brim with zero space left). Restarting, disabling and re-enabling Wi-Fi.

It's like waiting for paint to dry landing a Web page. Every other device on my network is completely fine.

Oynox

I am playing King of Thieves right now. I really like the whole concept of the game, but the IAPs make it really, really slow paced. Most times you can play three levels, then you have to wait again. That is like... 2 minutes.

The new TouchArcade RPG Reloaded Podcast is fantastic. Not too surprised since the articles tend to be very good and the subject for the first episode was Final Fantasy Tactics. Looking forward to the next episode. Tactics is one of my most played games (not iOS, but PSX and PSP) and I still learned a few things. The podcast was the sort of deep dive into a game I wish more podcast did

Nice to hear a new game is coming. I hope its more like Solomon's Keep than Boneyard. Keep is easily one of my favorite iOS games. I remember reading on his forums like 3 years ago a PC version of Keep was in the works. I guess it got derailed along with whatever happened to Dark

killercow

Zone of Enders? On my iPhone? Yes, please.

It's not quite Zone of the Enders but it looks absolutely amazing in game:
https://t.co/IHv8ZRBOgc

It's supposed to be premium too:
""Implosion" next scheduled pay buyout mining operating system, do the main reason is because we want to be able to host the game moved on to experience a complete phone system that allows players to experience a complete game on the phone, but not required additional charge to unlock other features." (Google translate)
http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/5/111105.html

awp69

Trying not to be tempted by ANY iOS purchases for a while. I just killed my wallet buying a PS TV bundle on the cheap ($40. :) ). So I've been spending money on some Vita games and then bought a few games for Xbox One during its Ultimate Game sale. Geez. Way too many good deals at once but it added up to way more than I should have spent.

Please, please don't let my wife sift through the credit card bill next month.

Any good freemiums coming this week?

Betcha never would have thought you'd see me asking that question.

killercow

New Bean Dream levels were cool, but I was a little bit surprised that none of the stuff shown in the trailer made an appearance. I sort of assumed that was what they were working on, since it was what they were showing off. :?

Yeah I was wondering about that too. But I'm sure they'll come eventually :)

Edit: sneak peek at the newest game from pixelbite (makers of space Marshall) : http://twitter.com/pixelbite/status/568064847931445249/photo/1

Coming summer 2015.

And Holy Cow, you can't miss this! Duet (By kumobius) is free on iOS RIGHT NOW. https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/id634235735?mt=8
Go! (and buy the encore DLC!)

Top Bottom