• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Thread May 2013: Another board thread, now with 4X the backlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittaGAF

this is a game where toucharcade should have a 6 star rating. that's coming from someone who played both hunters 1 and 2 for 100's of hours. :)

I agree :)

Over 100 hours in Hunters 2 too.

But this....it's a quantum leap in everything.

I'm over 25 hours already :)

Anyone else playing Simpsons: Tapped Out?

Whacking Day is almost over and I'm soooo close to the last prize.

If anyone has a few eggs to spare, id is KidInsomnia

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
For those that are eagerly awaiting the release of Ace Patrol, Sid Meier updated the 2K forum with the featured aircraft list:
All of the campaign, nations, and aces are available on day one.

The nations include these planes...
British:
- Airco DH2, early 'pusher' style aircraft with a wide forward firing arc.
- Sopwith 'Pup', a light and maneuverable precursor to the famous Sopwith 'Camel'
- Bristol fighter, an unusual two-seater fighter plane with a rear gunner.
- Sopwith 'Camel', one of the best know WWI aircraft. Tricky to fly but extremely maneuverable.
- SE5a, fast and stable with good all-round performance.

German:
- Fokker EIII 'Eindecker', an unusual single-wing fighter. Introduced the propeller sychronized machine-gun.
- Halberstadt DII, sturdy and maneuverable fighter airplane. Inline engine.
- Albatros DII, two machine guns, fast and strong.
- Fokker DRI, the Red Baron's famous 'Triplane', light, aerobatic, and extremely maneuverable.
- Fokker DVII, excellent all-round perfomance and climb rate.

American (generally adapted French and British planes)
- Nieuport 'Bebe', small, light and maneuverable.
- Spad SVII, fast and strong, 150hp engine, one machine gun.
- Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter, two-seater multi-role aircraft with read gunner.
- Sopwith Triplane, inspired the German DRI, light and very maneuverable.
- Spad XIII, Extremely fast and strong.

French
- Nieuport 17, light and maneuverable, heavily armed for its time period.
- Hanriot HD1, agile and easy to fly. Also used by the Belgian Air Force.
- Nieuport 24, engine upgraded to 160hp, maneuverable.
- Spad XIII, Extremely fast and strong. 220 hp inline engine.
- Nieuport 28, two forward firing machine guns, light and agile.

There are also unique bomber and reconnaissance planes for each nation.

Is it tomorrow yet?

Megasoum

Banned
Only in Canada.

CanadaFlag.gif

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
OMG!!!

O M G!!!

Warhammer Quest is truly AWESOME.
And I can't say anything more but....THAT QUEST!!!

So, so, so fucking jelly.

ETA on Warhammer Quest?

Rodeo hasn't stated anything but TA's preview did say they fit and finish is there and they don't think it's too far off.

That said that means nothing to me and I'm frothing with demand for a date.

PFD

Score! World Goals now has a multiplayer mode. Really enjoying it. Hit me up for a match anyone.

Holy shit. Your GC name? (I'm same as GAF)

I went looking through some previous topics on it here yesterday and I still couldn't find anything about the music issue. Most topics boiled down to Vic Ireland hating on Xseed lol. I didn't see anything on the Touch Arcade thread either but I ddint' go through every page only skimmed. I'm just playing it anyway, The music still cuts out for me every once in a while during battle and sometimes while walking around town. And it's not the "switch screen in town and the music loops over." It's like the music cuts out randomly for not even half a second while in battle or walking around town. Has anyone else experienced this?

This is odd. If no one else mentioned having the same problem, there must be something wrong at your end. Have you tried restarting your iPad? (Hard reset)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wow, Ace Patrol is looking great. I feel as if people are finally getting a handle on full-fledged experiences on the iPad without just porting stuff over. I'm offically looking forward to 2 iOS games on equal footing with console/PC games.

Pretty boss time to be a fan of video game!

TheMan

Sid Meier has an iOS game coming out on the 9th called Ace Patrol. It's a WWI flight combat game that just happens to be... turn based? Uh that sounds odd and awesome. Sid Meier was actually hands on with this one devleoping and coding it, which he hasn't done in a long ass time.

Can't wait to try it.

cell shading is a real turnoff for me nowadays, but if nothing else it does sound original

Just bought a nuw 16 gig ipad 4 for mothersday.
Any recomendations on good multiplayer boardgame adaptations (I already found Ticket to ride)?

PittaGAF

I hope they don't kill me for saying this, but Rodeo Games really outdone themselves with the latest campaign quests.

So freaking awesome, they managed to really surprise me even after 25 hours and despite being pretty familiar with both the setting and the game.

It's all so...so...so...Warhammer-ish.

Gone are the times of the fairy world of D&D and LOTR, in comparison to the dark, bloody, german medioeval Warhammer setting.
A normal sword can still kill your 'capped level armed to the teeth' character.

I LOVE it.

PFD

Runescape 3 possibly coming out on iPad:

His views were echoed by chief marketing officer David Solari, who explained that the team at Jagex aren't daunted by the prospect of bringing an MMO to the tablet space.

"I think it stretches the imagination of what’s possible on tablet right now," he shared. "I mean, RuneScape would easily be the most ambitious game ever put on tablet, right? So, that excites us.

Source

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I haven't been posting in here much lately, been playing a bunch of backlog games and don't have much to add beyong yay or nay. So here goes:

I finished Vice City, fuck me that was harder than it needed to be. I think for these games I say if you're a fan, play them but stay away if you're new to the series. So many parts were so hard, I don't remember the PS2 games being so unforgiving. The tap to shoot mechanic is good but requires zero skill to kill a room full of guys. And it's still not enough :p

Ms Splosion Man is many kinds of awesome, I'd say it's one of my favourite iOS platformers now. Fun and inventive levels, bastard hard but mostly fair, ridiculous value (at around 10 mins per level, 3 worlds each with 15 levels. Come on, that's good value). Been playing this every spare moment.

Also got back into Starbase Orion last night as I tend to do every couple of months. I love the changes they keep making, it's a very competent and addictive game right now, even though I suck balls at it. I like it but I don't know if I need another 4X (bullshit name, should be 4E :p) game any time soon. I can't even win this one!

Lego Batman I have but don't really like.

Drop 7 is still the king of poo breaks. I've even started saying "I'm gonna go drop 7".

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If you like Drop 7, you should check out Eighty-Eight. It's like the same thing, but better.

Is Ms Splosion Man grindy at all? Can I play through levels consecutively without any IAP speed-bumps?

SteveWD40

I know pitta won't confirm, but I just hope WHQ has either random missions ala Hunters or some kind of longevity / endgame, as it sounds like a dream come true for me so far.

Clydebink

Neo Member
Just bought a nuw 16 gig ipad 4 for mothersday.
Any recomendations on good multiplayer boardgame adaptations (I already found Ticket to ride)?

I've been enjoying La Havre alot. It's confusing the first time you play through, but players have a lot of options for winning.

If you are looking for a game you can finish in 15 to 30 minutes, I'd recommend Wabash Cannonball which is an adaptation of Chicago Express.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
LOL.

I can't even imagine the gifs you both could post if you won't like the game at all :p

Anyway, don't worry about content...you won't find yourself without it ;)

I'm sure I'd unleash quite a few but really it could be a Hunters 2 fantasy skin/skill swap and I'd be down for dozens of hours. :p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I had heard good things about Fester Mudd but had no idea that it was just a great recapturing of the old school Lucasarts games. Those people did some fine work there.
That's actually written by the same guy who wrote Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist, Josh Mandel.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
...and you don't work for them? lol.

The reason the beta is taking so long is because each turn is in innovative real-time, it is engineered to be fully engrossing in all aspects. Rodeo are a truly forward-thinking, low-hanging fruit picking group of guys that aren't afraid of climbing the strategic staircase to reach the true potential of iOS gaming in 2013 and beyond.

You balk at it now, but can you imagine playing the same iOS game for weeks on end? I sure can.

Weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom