• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Who's gonna get seeded? Top4 from last tourney? I don't even remember who that was...

Who's gonna get seeded? Top4 from last tourney? I don't even remember who that was...

I will seed based on the last tourney, and make stuff up when I need to :p

Lost Cities Tournament 3:

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
mercviper | mercviper
Heel | [SLADE]
Smiley90 | smiley1790
Grifter | risottoball
Slacker | Slacker
Mike Works | mikeworks
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM
blahness | blahness
AstroLad | AstroLad
AirBrian | AirBrian
superrobot | Diesel Pioneer

12 people so far.

AirBrian

Good game, Smiley! Just when I make a comeback you bring in your triple threat and put me back in place.

Final:
Smiley: 12/20
AirBrian: 7/20

Good game, Smiley! Just when I make a comeback you bring in your triple threat and put me back in place.

Final:
Smiley: 12/20
AirBrian: 7/20

Its sad for me reading any game score now, because Im fairly certain its mathematically impossible for me to NOT be knocked out of 4th place, haha. Oh well!

AirBrian

Its sad for me reading any game score now, because Im fairly certain its mathematically impossible for me to NOT be knocked out of 4th place, haha. Oh well!

Come down the ladder and join the rest of us...!

BTW, Smiley, do you by chance remember our teams? I exited too quickly.

Smiley90

Looks like I need a tie against astro to at least temporarily take over number 1 spot in the bracket, since I won the direct battle with slacker. Then it's up to eznark to see where I actually end up. So nr1 and 2 seeds essentially get byes in the first round of knockout stages, since they'll be matched against kennah and Jesse, right?

Send me that invite astro ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Looks like I need a tie against astro to at least temporarily take over number 1 spot in the bracket, since I won the direct battle with slacker. Then it's up to eznark to see where I actually end up. So nr1 and 2 seeds essentially get byes in the first round of knockout stages, since they'll be matched against kennah and Jesse, right?

Oh wow ramifications! Can you invite me? I'm away from iPad for the most part until late evening. I'll be NY.

Smiley90

Oh wow ramifications! Can you invite me? I'm away from iPad for the most part until late evening. I'll be NY.

That's fine, just send me one when you have time.I don't wanna screw around with the"home/away" layout of the schedule, you're supposed to pick the team first ;)

Edit: oh,I read that as in you'll be IN ny lol. I have an exam soon too so I'm not pressed on time.

Nope! only the top 4 get to play in a mini tourney, Playoffs style.

The rules were posted here when the RR started: Link to Post

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
mercviper | mercviper
Heel | [SLADE]
Smiley90 | smiley1790
Grifter | risottoball
Slacker | Slacker
Mike Works | mikeworks
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM
blahness | blahness
AstroLad | AstroLad
AirBrian | AirBrian
Squirrel Killer | squirrel_killer
Got the Shakes l Got the Shakes

Alright, with the Carc tourney done and completed, its time to open up registration to play in NeoGAF Lost Cities Tournament 3

NeoGAF Lost Cities Tournament 3:

Rules stolen from NGLCT2

- Bracket names are formatted as NeoGAF | GameCenter.
- For each round, play 3 games and total your scores. The highest combined score after 3 games will advance to the next round.
- The finals will be a best of 3 sets (of 3 games each, using the rules above) to determine the tournament champion.
- Report the results of your matches in the iOS Online Boardgame Megathread on NeoGAF.

Signups:

RaySpencer

I'm in to give someone an easy win in the LC tourney.

Smiley90

Nope! only the top 4 get to play in a mini tourney, Playoffs style.

The rules were posted here when the RR started: Link to Post

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
mercviper | mercviper
Heel | [SLADE]
Smiley90 | smiley1790
Grifter | risottoball
Slacker | Slacker
Mike Works | mikeworks
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM
blahness | blahness
AstroLad | AstroLad
AirBrian | AirBrian

Oh snap! Well at least I'm guaranteed in that ;p

eznark

Banned
Ugh, NH is so annoying online. Generally it's just the notifications that won't go away but sometimes (like now) it's that the other person has already played but it seems stuck on his turn. So airbrian played his tiles but mine have not yet shown up, like the turn hasn't switched.

So annoying.

AirBrian

Ugh, NH is so annoying online. Generally it's just the notifications that won't go away but sometimes (like now) it's that the other person has already played but it seems stuck on his turn. So airbrian played his tiles but mine have not yet shown up, like the turn hasn't switched.

So annoying.

"Eznark is offline"

Haha, it does that all the time, it seems.

So annoying.

I used to get that a lot, but for some reason I didn't get that at all during this whole tournament. Haha.

Edit: also, Brian move your damn car in racer fued! Hahaha.

Smiley90

Damn! I knew it was coming, but with that (didnt matter who won, haha) Im not out of the final 4 :'(

only 4 games left!

I think worst case scenario I get bumped to 4th, and that's if I lose to Astro, bonesquad beats eznark, and then Astro wins all his other games. It'll be a 3way-tie for 2nd place that I'll lose. :p Any other scenario I think I'll end up somewhere between 1 and 3.

Sent you an invite Astro.

AirBrian

Damn! I knew it was coming, but with that (didnt matter who won, haha) Im not out of the final 4 :'(

only 4 games left!

If it makes you feel any better, your 14-13 victory over me might just cost me a Final 4 spot. :-(

I need Astro to beat eznark and then Astro lose his last 2 games.

eznark

Banned
AirBrian: 10/20 (red)
eznark: 9/20 (green Bay)

Good game, sir! Final battle saved my ass.

The hell? It's stuck for me for some reason. I didn't even know I lost. how the shit did you knock off 9 points in the final battle??

Just looked at it. Why did the final battle happen twice?

AirBrian

The hell? It's stuck for me for some reason. I didn't even know I lost. how the shit did you knock off 9 points in the final battle??

There was the battle that I think you initiated, which afterwards you took a 3 point lead...then in the final battle you didn't get any points and I knocked off 4 on yours (all snipers IIRC).

If it makes you feel any better, your 14-13 victory over me might just cost me a Final 4 spot. :-(

I need Astro to beat eznark and then Astro lose his last 2 games.

I wont say it helps, but it does mean something that my games might decide something!

I wonder what the next tournament should be....hmmmm.....

eznark

Banned
When you put your last piece on the board it filled it up initiating a battle. Then the final battle happened after that.

Lame! I had a battle initiator that I tried to play and it wouldn't let me because it was the last battle turn so I assumed that it would just treat the full board as the last battle. That sucks. I would have done that totally different.

GG though cheater!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You can't play a battle tile after someone's played their last tile, but you can initiate a full-board battle.

Too late to join the Lost Cities tourney?

Biggyfries | b1ggyfries

Nope!

RaySpencer | RaySpencer
mercviper | mercviper
Heel | [SLADE]
Smiley90 | smiley1790
Grifter | risottoball
Slacker | Slacker
Mike Works | mikeworks
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM
blahness | blahness
AstroLad | AstroLad
AirBrian | AirBrian
Biggyfries | b1ggyfries
Roodiculous / Roodiculous

Edit: we've got 16 now, which is a great number for a tourney, I think I might lock this in and start it up.

Ok, these are your seeded ranks, they are based off of Lost Cities 2 Tournament, and then for people who werent in that one I pulled from the Lost Cities 1 Tournament, if you were not in either, I ranked it based on when you applied.

----Reigning 2 Time Champion----
1 - Mike Works | mikeworks
-------------------------------
2 - mercviper | mercviper
3 - AstroLad | AstroLad
4 - Heel | [SLADE]
5 - Smiley90 | smiley1790
6 - AirBrian | AirBrian
7 - Slacker | Slacker
8 - superrobot | Diesel Pioneer
9 - Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM
10 -RaySpencer | RaySpencer
11 - blahness | blahness
12 - Squirrel Killer | squirrel_killer
13 - Grifter | risottoball
14 - Got the Shakes l Got the Shakes
15 - Biggyfries | b1ggyfries
16 - Roodiculous | Roodiculous

NeoGAF Lost Cities Tournament 3

Rules (donated by the Last Tournament):

- For each round, play 3 games and total your scores. The highest combined score after 3 games will advance to the next round.
- The finals will be a best of 3 sets (of 3 games each, using the rules above) to determine the tournament champion.
- Report the results of your matches in the iOS Online Boardgame Megathread on NeoGAF.

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/NeoGAFLostCitiesTournament3

(not sure why the bracket picture isnt working right now, but the link will have the matchups.)
neogafboardgames-NeoGAFLostCitiesTournament3.png
(not sure why the bracket picture isnt working right now, but the link will have the matchups.)

Good Luck, and Have Fun.

Repost new page:

Ok, these are your seeded ranks, they are based off of Lost Cities 2 Tournament, and then for people who werent in that one I pulled from the Lost Cities 1 Tournament, if you were not in either, I ranked it based on when you applied.

----Reigning 2 Time Champion----
1 - Mike Works | mikeworks
-------------------------------
2 - mercviper | mercviper
3 - AstroLad | AstroLad
4 - Heel | [SLADE]
5 - Smiley90 | smiley1790
6 - AirBrian | AirBrian
7 - Slacker | Slacker
8 - superrobot | Diesel Pioneer
9 - Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM
10 -RaySpencer | RaySpencer
11 - blahness | blahness
12 - Squirrel Killer | squirrel_killer
13 - Grifter | risottoball
14 - Got the Shakes l Got the Shakes
15 - Biggyfries | b1ggyfries
16 - Roodiculous | Roodiculous

NeoGAF Lost Cities Tournament 3

Rules (donated by the Last Tournament):

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/NeoGAFLostCitiesTournament3

Good Luck, and Have Fun.

Smiley90

We're still on the same page, what are you talking about. Now you just have the same post within 3 posts of each other. :p

Top Bottom