• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

PFD

Pray For Death lost to Roodiculous, both Cloaks

lQSRs8T.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yay!

Kosh and I were finally on at the same time and able to bang out the last three rounds in one go after it was going slowly before haha.

Final score:

Smiley 139 - 132 Kosh

Gg!

Kosh

Yay!

Kosh and I were finally on at the same time and able to bang out the last three rounds in one go after it was going slowly before haha.

Final score:

Smiley 139 - 132 Kosh

Gg!

Gg. Was your Lord the one that gives end victory points for buildings?

Oh goddamit, i checked the shit 5 times and i must of kept looking at czartim's row instead of mine

Oops. Well I don't mind rematching.

Well, since you guys agreed to a rematch (hopefully a really quick rematch! :p) and well because I already input the score into Challonge and it advanced to the next round before I noticed there was an issue, round 6 will begin anyway!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoGAF Summoner Wars Tournament 1

ROUND 6

bonesquad getting the bye this round.

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Army Tracker

Rules:
- Seeding based off of past SW tournament and then win percentage.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 10 Rounds right now.
- There is 13 people, so every round someone will get a 'bye' they will just be rewarded with a win.
- Set it to 14 days to cover all random life events, but please dont take 14 days, I will bug people if it starts getting too long.
- Armies are hidden, and mirror matches are allowed, so either person can send the invite

SUPER IMPORTANT INFO
- You MUST use every single army, and you may only use an army again once you have used every single army.
- You MUST report your army used in each match, I will keep track of them in the spreadsheet above.
- If you cheat with your armies, its an automatic loss! :p
AUTOMATIC loss.... haha.

I shouldn't underestimate the importance of field points in Carcassonne

rematch tomorrow, slade and gamecocks

one of these days I won't come in last place!

Taking a cue from your user name, I still have yet to grasp the mechanics from reading the rules and going through the tutorial multiple times.
I'm really bad at it, too :p

I'll add you to Game Center, chas123

tm24

Well, since you guys agreed to a rematch (hopefully a really quick rematch! :p) and well because I already input the score into Challonge and it advanced to the next round before I noticed there was an issue, round 6 will begin anyway

Yeah, since merc is down for it, ill just play it along with my next round match

swoon

i'm crawling out of just playing Lost Cities, I think...

I'm on LOW as swoon - send some invites? I also have an open game - just ripe for the joining.

AirBrian

Rise from the grave!

I would like to sincerely apologize for the lack of posting over the last 2 months. Way too much going on in my life to go into details. But everything is back to normal!

So...any new games out in the last 90 days? Ha!

Don't Laugh and Heel, good Carc game last night. Two important swings in that one : the dragon eating Don't Laugh's meeple from the huge city allowing me to tie it and keeping the dragon away from my big field for the last 3rd of the game (which I didn't realize was connected with another field until Heel pointed it out at the end in his frustration ;)

Whoops, it's not! I may have missed a challonge. If it's time to move on give him the win, otherwise I'll send an invite and see if we can crank it out.

Each match requires two people, so its only 50% your fault if the match hasnt started yet! Dont just toss out wins and losses like nothing! haha

Slacker

Each match requires two people, so its only 50% your fault if the match hasnt started yet! Dont just toss out wins and losses like nothing! haha

I can't say for sure that he didn't invite me and I missed it though. ;)

Diesel Pioneer - I sent an SW invite your way for the tourney.

So its not exactly IOS boardgame related, but Playdek has a KS for their project with Yasumi Matsuno, the guy who made Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and FF12. Check it out i guess

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians
I backed it, why not. Sounds interesting. 600k is a pretty damn lofty goal though.

I can't say for sure that he didn't invite me and I missed it though. ;)

Diesel Pioneer - I sent an SW invite your way for the tourney.

I backed it, why not. Sounds interesting. 600k is a pretty damn lofty goal though.

Yeah, but he hasnt been in here telling us hes sent you an invite, and wondering where you are. Sooooo 50% blame!

CzarTim

So its not exactly IOS boardgame related, but Playdek has a KS for their project with Yasumi Matsuno, the guy who made Vagrant Story, Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and FF12. Check it out i guess

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians
I backed, looks cool!

Whoops, it's not! I may have missed a challonge. If it's time to move on give him the win, otherwise I'll send an invite and see if we can crank it out.

It's no prob, try to play fast if you can though!

Sorry to anyone I've been in games with. I moved over the last week and have not had time to pick up my iPad for and extended period of time.

Damn what a bummer our awesome Eclipse game died in Round 7. Aaaaaaaaaaah

Games dieing really killed my interest in that game.

Plus playing the iOS version of games really ruins my interest in playing the actual version for some stupid reason. I haven't played a physical game of Eclipse, Nightfall, Agricola, le havre, etc in forever now.

I should probably stop buying iOS versions of board games that I own, or nt friends own.

tm24

Im not sure why czartim and I are up at 230 in the morning playing Summoner Wars, but we are

Tm24 Benders W czartim Cave Goblins L

CzarTim

The question remains, why are you up?

Also, the benders are such trolls. Combine a breaker with the champ that lets you reshuffle 4 cards and the one that lets you attack again can break stuff hard

Insomnia, ha.

Yeah, Benders seem to be a really good counter to Goblins, who rely on overwhelming force. A bunch of stuns would have done the trick as well. I've never been too good with Goblins anyway.

Slacker

Summoner Wars Tourney

Slacker defeats Diesel Pioneer in a Cloaks mirror match. Went all or nothing on the last move, moving my summoner behind enemy lines to attack his. May have trusted the dice a little too much but it worked that time at least. :) GG DP.

Summoner Wars Tourney

Slacker defeats Diesel Pioneer in a Cloaks mirror match. Went all or nothing on the last move, moving my summoner behind enemy lines to attack his. May have trusted the dice a little too much but it worked that time at least. :) GG DP.
GG
My summoner got snarled up in too much brawling near your wall. Should have sent him scurrying away when I had the chance.

Jesus! super aggressive with your Summoner Astrolad! haha

Luckily it worked out for me :p

Ray (Phoenix Elves) Beats Astro (Tundra Orcs)

Im glad my strategy of "pick something Astro has already played, so we dont get a mirror match, because he hates them" worked out for me :p heh

tm24

Alright, me and merc finished our rematch

TM24 PE W mercviper TO L

Had to pull my ace early since i didnt have another deck ready

Top Bottom