• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

tm24

Yo Summoners!

The time is now! The Summoner Wars Summer Magic Fiesta ∞ Dream Draw Roll Build Cup is now ready to start!

Tourney starts with pool play. You'll play 2 games per group member. First game is choose whatever deck you want, with the loser getting to counterpick and edit their rematch deck. Wins are 2pts, tiebreaks are determined by a playoff. Top 2 of each group advance.

After pool play, we head to a 2/3 series single elimination knockout round keeping the loser is the only one who gets to edit rematch deck. 3rd place will remain 2/3. Final will be 3/5. Prizes to be determined, but probably Itunes credit

To keep track of pool play, i have designed this fancy spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkuxhxOd6kpDdEFHZzBFeFRBSS1YbGljNk1KWXg1bHc

Win, fill in a O. If you lose X. Win would OO, loss XX, split would be XO

Yo Summoners!

The time is now! The Summoner Wars Summer Magic Fiesta ∞ Dream Draw Roll Build Cup is now ready to start!

Tourney starts with pool play. You'll play 2 games per group member. First game is choose whatever deck you want, with the loser getting to counterpick and edit their rematch deck. Wins are 2pts, tiebreaks are determined by a playoff. Top 2 of each group advance.

After pool play, we head to a 2/3 series single elimination knockout round keeping the loser is the only one who gets to edit rematch deck. 3rd place will remain 2/3. Final will be 3/5. Prizes to be determined, but probably Itunes credit

To keep track of pool play, i have designed this fancy spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GljNk1KWXg1bHc

Win, fill in a O. If you lose X. Win would OO, loss XX, split would be XO

Page not found.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah. It looks fine in 2x though. Not worth missing out on the game over IMO and I usually avoid non-iPad apps. Game is simple but ask anyone here it's tons of fun and well done.

sladeums

Quote :

"..Right now, Lost Cities is an iPhone game and we feel the speed and purity of its gameplay make it a natural on the platform. We will look into releasing an iPad version at a later time, but have no immediate plans to do so at the moment. Of course, an iPad version would involve rethinking the User Interface and designing specifically for the device. Not just upscaling the iPhone version.."

"..Yes, we decided to bring the game first to the iPhone as it is a perfect game to be played on the go, I think. Make a few moves, complete a quick game, while waiting for the bus e.g.
Yes, that means there will be a long wait until there is an iPad version, to be honest. And we're rather being honest than promising impossible things.."

eznark

Banned
Yeah. It looks fine in 2x though. Not worth missing out on the game over IMO and I usually avoid non-iPad apps. Game is simple but ask anyone here it's tons of fun and well done.

100%.

I despise the 2x shit but made an exception for this. I ended up playing til 4 am last night.

Great game.

Hereafter

Sounds good. I should practice with other decks against the computer before we start so I'm not so predictable...

I think you are the most consistent Cloak I've played btw. Maybe it is because you played me quite a bit and know me well, but I definitely admire and fear your cloak.

This is how I Imagine you :)

cloak.jpg

Hereafter

Good game Benny.lava.

You know you had a 3% and 14% of rolling like that with Blagog right? Crazy!

I've updated the google doc for the both of us.
Should i have done that or only mine?

mercviper

I think you are the most consistent Cloak I've played btw. Maybe it is because you played me quite a bit and know me well, but I definitely admire and fear your cloak.

This is how I Imagine you :)

Haha, you're on to my tricks though. Gotta change it up at some point. :p

Flynn

Quote :

"..Right now, Lost Cities is an iPhone game and we feel the speed and purity of its gameplay make it a natural on the platform. We will look into releasing an iPad version at a later time, but have no immediate plans to do so at the moment. Of course, an iPad version would involve rethinking the User Interface and designing specifically for the device. Not just upscaling the iPhone version.."

"..Yes, we decided to bring the game first to the iPhone as it is a perfect game to be played on the go, I think. Make a few moves, complete a quick game, while waiting for the bus e.g.
Yes, that means there will be a long wait until there is an iPad version, to be honest. And we're rather being honest than promising impossible things.."

These dudes are artists.

bonesquad

Fucking dammit!!! I hit the next phase button one too many times in a row when I didn't mean to! And it didn't warn me because the stupid game thought there was nothing I could do that turn. AHHHH! Well, this game might be quicker than even I planned depending how gazele's roll goes:) And this boys and girls is why you don't take your turn in Summoner Wars after a few drinks. Fuck.

blackflag

Good games Gatekeeper. you'll get the hang of it. You were doing pretty good 2nd game but I had a crazy dice roll on summoner. 7 attack and they all hit....
1 shotted the Tundra Orc summoner

LugNut74

Really enjoying Lost Cities alot. Was wondering how they would bring it to the iOS platform. Should have known it would be fine since the Carcassonne folks were involved. Just well designed from the music to the controls. Also worth mentioning the stat tracking is just incredible in this title. This will long live with Carcassonne as one of the most played games on my iPhone for years to come. Highly recommend it.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I liked Spectromancer on PC (though I was disappointed because I thought it had more deck building). From what I remember, it's pretty well balanced. We'll see how the multiplayer is.

EDIT:
Ah, it's the same multiplayer from the PC version, so no async, but probably cross compatible (and native, derp Dominion derp).

mercviper

@Mercviper, you tried to trick me! You are using the Cloaks! :)

Hahaha what?!? A cloaks player being devious? Unheard of! :)

Really I just feel most comfortable using cloaks lol, but JE are looking pretty fun too, after seeing astro run them against me a lot.

Manik

Just picked up Lost Cities - what an amazing game, even if it has to be played 2x on the iPad. First online game ended in a 36-36 draw too; nail biting stuff.

If anyone fancies a game or two on it, feel free to send me a game invite - ctb0503.

soldat7

Garbage. I really rely on these games being Universal so I can take turns on the go. Is this Retina and asynchronous?

Maybe that's why I like them.

I'd like them more if they didn't drag their feet and make odd decisions regarding Lost Cities.

Have not ...
But looks promising and I've heard good things bout the pc game.

This is a very beautiful translation of the PC game. It's far more enjoyable to play this than Kard Combat is, which is the same game effectively but the presentation here is a lot more aesthetically pleasing. The single player mode is very deep with three different modes, one being an extensive campaign. Multiplayer is run through the PC game servers so there is no async it seems. The base game includes 6 classes and all cards are unlocked from the get go, although in campaign mode you earn upgrades to the cards by winning battles and progressing, and those upgrades are only usable in that campaign. 6 more classes are available through IAP for $4 dollars total (2 purchases of $2). It does not appear to support Retina display currently.

Are any of you iPhone guys going to get an iPad mini just for board games? I'm suffering through Carc on my wife's Touch right now and am really anxious to get back to the iPad version.

soldat7

My guess is that they're going just as fast as the money they're making off these games dictates.

You're right, I'm being too harsh. After a few emails with the devs, an iPad version is coming, just not soon.

This is a very beautiful translation of the PC game. It's far more enjoyable to play this than Kard Combat is, which is the same game effectively but the presentation here is a lot more aesthetically pleasing. The single player mode is very deep with three different modes, one being an extensive campaign. Multiplayer is run through the PC game servers so there is no async it seems. The base game includes 6 classes and all cards are unlocked from the get go, although in campaign mode you earn upgrades to the cards by winning battles and progressing, and those upgrades are only usable in that campaign. 6 more classes are available through IAP for $4 dollars total (2 purchases of $2). It does not appear to support Retina display currently.

Yeah, I bit the bullet and bought this. It's fantastic despite the lack of Retina (iPad), Universal, and asynchronous. Async would work for this, no question. It would be akin to Carc.

Hereafter

You're right, I'm being too harsh. After a few emails with the devs, an iPad version is coming, just not soon.

Yeah, I bit the bullet and bought this. It's fantastic despite the lack of Retina (iPad), Universal, and asynchronous. Async would work for this, no question. It would be akin to Carc.

How's the campaign? I'll be buying it for the single player portion, think it will be worth it?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Good game Smiley! I took a huge risk putting my sunmoner there and I'm glad it paid off.

I had like 3 terrible turns in a row in which I just couldn't hit even ONE hit to get rid of the small
1HP units, so you were always able have them around and hit with swift strike. So frustrating. But gg.

How's the campaign? I'll be buying it for the single player portion, think it will be worth it?

I was part of the original PC beta team. The original campaign is there in its entirety, which is at least 20 different scenarios. The AI is also very challenging. It's weird playing through it having everything unlocked right away so the campaign has a little less replay value, but the other two single player modes are great for playing around with all the different classes, and both provide their own challenge.

benny lava

Neo Member
Good game Benny.lava.

You know you had a 3% and 14% of rolling like that with Blagog right? Crazy!

I've updated the google doc for the both of us.
Should i have done that or only mine?

Glad you did it for both us! I was travelling from 8/23 - 8/25 and had no idea there was even a spreadsheet! I've subscribed to the thread now and will be sending GC adds to the rest of our group. Sorry everyone for my utter n00bness!

Top Bottom