• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPod laser engravings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Duo

I would like to purchase a Apple iPod music player.. but I can't decide what to engrave onto it. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'm looking for quotes or lyrics or intersting phrases.
For example, I've considered "Mortigi Tempo" or "Nolite te bastardes carborundorum", 'cause it works both ways. But at the same time, it's kind of lame to put your favorite phrases on such a commercial product.
ie. 'OOo, look at this obscure phrase on my soulless electronic device!"

As a related question: What engravings do you have on your iPod?

EDIT, I apologize for contributing to today's mass quantity of iPod threads :-\

I was an idiot and didn't get mine engraved...even though it was FREE

But I guess since I use an iSkin it wouldn't be seen anyway

The funniest one I have seen said "If found unattended, avenge my death."

I had planned on getting "ArcadeStickMonk" engraved on my 4th Gen, but I ended up buying it in a store instead.

BigJonsson said:
But I guess since I use an iSkin it wouldn't be seen anyway
A good point, especially since my iPod is never without at least two forms of protection.

A Counter Showcase will display the back, doesn't protect the wheel though.

nitewulf

i was going to engrave mine, but then i figured i might want to sell it in the future so decided not to engrave it.

GG-Duo

nitewulf said:
i was going to engrave mine, but then i figured i might want to sell it in the future so decided not to engrave it.

i'm looking for a phrase that's so obscure or lovable that the buyer will accept it.

EDIT:
k, i chose the atwood phrase.
the spacing just looks cool, ok? don't judge me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom