• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iraqi man hugs IS suicide bomber before explosion, saves dozens of lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck this asshole bomber and terrorist groups.

I'm amazed the extent people will go to make sure others are save. I'm not sure I would be able to do the same under similar circumstances. This man is a hero in every sense of the word.

Volimar

Brave heroic sacrifice, but in reading the thread title part of me wanted to believe that the hug, the act of kindness from another human being, made the bomber reconsider his attack and no one was killed.

If something like this ever happens it will legitimately restore my faith in humanity.

Incredible sad story:(

This one?

6ZGPtOh.jpg

This one hurts. Like life wasn't hard enough, having to make that choice when you're 15 years old.

I'm glad that these people are being remembered and not the suicide bombers. Their names are not readily available, only the people who stop them. Let that be the lesson the terrorist organizations, that they will not make real martyrs out of their suicide bombers. The only ones who will be remembered are those who save lives.

Boney

Banned
Silly me thought the title meant they had a nice hug and the dude didn't end up detonating. I'm an idiot.

Dude's a hero though. Being so quick on his feet and think of the collateral damage instead of trying to run. My condolences to the family but they raised a wonderful man.

Mariolee

Definitely a hero, but holy moly fuck ISIS so much. I cannot believe they continue to have so many people willing to bomb themselves and others like this, and that it is happening on a fucking daily basis.

I am fuming right now that around 40 people still had to die on top of the countless other attacks because of this evil asshole organization.

Kozak

Banned
Damn.

What a Hero. To be aware of what's happening and then take the best course of action despite it meaning your death is truly courageous and selfless.

Breads

Banned
This one?
Really close to home. Pretty much looks like me when I was 15.

Also holy shit. RIP to this hero but I feel like people are burying the lead that 40 people were killed on my feed.

What is the endgame to this. What does IS wish to accomplish here.

It's shitty that we only get to recognize someone like this posthumously. The world lost a great man. My heart goes out to the wounded, and the friends and family of all the lives lost to this tragedy.

Thewonandonly

What a hero my god!!!!!

Honestly why doesn't this stuff get big in Facebook but instead I have to read stories about the rocks big secret or a video of some pimple. For real guys we need to share this and remember him.

And holy shit at that kid what a hero also. It's a shame this is the first time I have heard of him since this should be breaking news. A hero saves hundreds but instead they will just have it as a quick pass by story sad really :(

A true heroic act,
We tend to hear alot about Suicide Bombers in Iraq but why don't the Iranian Government disclose who were these suicide bombers.

Saudi Arabia identified mostly all the suicidal bombers and many seems to have sort of a link with the MB. Which started the whole prosecution of MB members in Saudi Arabia.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
It likely took the suicide bomber months of indoctrination to work up the 'courage' to do his heinous deed.
This guy had seconds to decide to throw himself into a sure death to save others. And he did it. That's mindblowing.

faridmon

Not gonna lie, this news gave me reak shivers while reading it. Truly one of the most heroic thing I have read in a long time.

RIP, true hero.

I can't help but feel that there should be some sort of worldwide popular wiki website that can be edited by people, just to add hero's like this.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
To be aware of the danger and to be selfless at a moments notice is something else.
RIP to all of the acts listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom