• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Lucreto

Fecking geniuses is what they are.

They knew the convention centre can only hold 7,000 people and selling beyond that should have sent up red flags somewhere down the line. The RDS can't even hold 24,000 people.

Jamie OD

Selling tickets thinking nobody would spend the entire day there. Have the organisers ever experienced game/comic conventions before?

Given how hard gamestop was pushing it, I guessed maybe they helped run it in association with a event organiser. Sounds like it was just a poorly planned lark.

Wonder if whoever ran it will try again next year.

Pics of the Dublin comic con seem pretty Hellish too. Big packed conventions dont seem fun at all.

Podge293

Given how hard gamestop was pushing it, I guessed maybe they helped run it in association with a event organiser. Sounds like it was just a poorly planned lark.

Wonder if whoever ran it will try again next year.

Pics of the Dublin comic con seem pretty Hellish too. Big packed conventions dont seem fun at all.

Dublin comic con is actually alright. Not mosh pit like it was on Saturday.

Well organised. Queues are quick. Decent set up too.

This will become the master class of how not to organise an event

Podge293

Anybody know anyone selling 10 tickets for tonight's game 😂

Cousin got ripped off by one of his now former mate. Did a legger with money for the hotel and tickets. They only found out today

NateDog

So the barcade I heard The R.A.G.E. has been trying to set up is finally opening in Smithfield, Dublin 7 this May. They're also running a Kickstarter to refurbish the building's lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GBU53jvLJA

Sounds nice but I don't know how interested I'd be in going to it regularly.
I can't wait personally since first hearing about it. I would be subscribing to it as I wouldn't go that often either but I think it sounds great and would be fun for some nights out.

Lucreto

I never got into the Persona series.

P3 weird me out with shooting yourself in the head to summon.

P4 annoyed me with trying to manage the days between the Midnight channel.

P5 looks like P3, getting weird out by the executions so I will give that a miss and wait until Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

acohrs

I never got into the Persona series.

P3 weird me out with shooting yourself in the head to summon.

P4 annoyed me with trying to manage the days between the Midnight channel.

P5 looks like P3, getting weird out by the executions so I will give that a miss and wait until Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

played P3 and I enjoy it, but it's definitely a game of its time. The whole shoot yourself in the head to summon demons is so edgy and emo, the noughties and MCR called and they want their edge back!

Backed Token on the Kickstarter for the disability lift, think everyone should be able to enjoy!

Matsukaze

Huh. Didn't know this thread existed.

Hello all.

Wearing shorts today lads, start of Spring!
I didn't look at the weather forecast for today. Had no idea it was supposed to be like this. I walked out of the house today with my coat on and nearly stopped in my tracks when I noticed how warm it is.

acohrs

Huh. Didn't know this thread existed.

Hello all.

I didn't look at the weather forecast for today. Had no idea it was supposed to be like this. I walked out of the house today with my coat on and nearly stopped in my tracks when I noticed how warm it is.

Hello there! Did you turn around and put on shorts? 😁

Also St Pats finally won! Maybe they won't go down!
definitely still going down...

Clegg

I missed the Persona chat from earlier.

Just wanna say the P4 is one of my favourite games of all time. It's a fantastic game anyway but the soundtrack is what pushed it from a great game to all time great.

Daire

Neo Member
here lads. This Bus Eireann strike is a balls. Had to take a local bus today that went around half the country.

acohrs

I refuse to put my shorts away now they've been taken out from the back of cupboard. Going to wear them even if it rains!

Lucreto

I don't break out the shorts until it's 25C or highter.

It was lucky to hit 14C after the past weekend nowhere near shorts weather. It was warmer at Christmas.

Podge293

Got the role I applied for. Even managed to get full health insurance for me and the missus out of it. Not shabby. Not shabby at all

danthefan

Got the role I applied for. Even managed to get full health insurance for me and the missus out of it. Not shabby. Not shabby at all

How the jaysus did you get them to insure the missus, was it just part of the package?

It's actually such a good perk, even for yourself it's like an extra 2k or so gross pay, assuming you would get insurance anyway.

Edit, congrats btw, that should have been the first thing I said.

Podge293

How the jaysus did you get them to insure the missus, was it just part of the package?

It's actually such a good perk, even for yourself it's like an extra 2k or so gross pay, assuming you would get insurance anyway.

Edit, congrats btw, that should have been the first thing I said.

Part of the package. Super handy to have. Never had it before so nice to finally have it and not have to pay for it ha.

The good thing is you don't have to the awkward convo with the boss since he knows haha! Congrats Podge

Ha ''twas still awkward enough telling him. Tried to convince me it isn't the best of ideas. But in the same breath telling me it's best for my career.

Thanks lads. Gonna be fun. From what I've been told the new division hates my old division. I'm to "spy" for my old division but I'm expected to betray the old division aswell.

More complicated then it should be.

Lucreto

Any GAFfers affected by the illegal secondary picketing today?

My early bus wasn't affected so got in ok, not sure how I'm getting home yet!

My train was cancelled and I didn't know about it until I got to the station. The N7 is a car park according to the radio. It would take nearly 2 and half hours to get in and other to get home.

I had to waste a day off today.

Podge293

I trekked up to the nearest luas spot (about 8km) and got a luas in that way.

It's a fucking joke like. Illegal and pain in the ass to everyone

Lucreto

I am Naas to Ballsbridge. That's an hour by train. Driving was a no go. I would probably still be sitting in traffic and my job has no staff parking so I would have to pay €6 at the RDS for the day and then to the return trip.

I have back ups to get in to work but not when everything goes at the same time which I didn't plan for. If they gave some notice I would have created a plan.

I can only hope Ross holds firm and let's BE bite the dust to be honest.

Anyway, what're people playing this weekend? Got a refund from Sony for The Fractured But Whole pre-order, thought it was for ME:A which I only just bought LOL

acohrs

I was able to pick up Pokemon Soulsilver in Gamestop for a reasonable price, which was nice, so I'll be playing that.

The best pokemon game ever made IMO, replay it every few months nuzlocke style!

Drove in today as I'm going from work to the airport in the evening, took an hour to go from Cork St to the Docklands @9am. Sacking might be too harsh, maybe take away their tea break rights for a few months!

Heartfyre

Yeah, trains were cancelled for me to get into Heuston today. Called up my manager with unease only to hear "Ah sure, I'm still in Tipp meself!" A good day to get those tasks done that you keep putting off. Got the aul hair cut already, so the day's not a waste.

I guess I can finish Yakuza 0, and either play more Breath of the Wild or take the cellophane off my copy of Gravity Rush 2. With all the games out recently, a forced day off work isn't the worst thing in the world.

Top Bottom