• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Podge293

Decided to get myself an OG Xbox from the rage. Probably pick up a handful of games at the same time. Give that a bash for a few hours then probably neglect it.

Teppanyaki on Saturday night tho. That should be fun. Flippy food shit

acohrs

Decided to get myself an OG Xbox from the rage. Probably pick up a handful of games at the same time. Give that a bash for a few hours then probably neglect it.

Teppanyaki on Saturday night tho. That should be fun. Flippy food shit

Some of the funnest nights I ever remember were staying up all night and playing Halo campaign co-op mode with friends.

So, what exactly happened today with the strikes? Dublin Bus were striking anyway but the Rail workers striked unexpectedly too?

Podge293

Some of the funnest nights I ever remember were staying up all night and playing Halo campaign co-op mode with friends.

So, what exactly happened today with the strikes? Dublin Bus were striking anyway but the Rail workers striked unexpectedly too?

Getting a bunch of games. Not halo surprisingly ha

Naw wasn't Dublin bus or Irish rail.

Basically bus eireann decided to continue their strike but set up picket lines blocking buses/trains and workers from doing their job.

Matsukaze

Persona 5 so close now.

I can already tell that come Easter Monday, it'll be a solid day of P5 for me, barring visitors.

Back when I worked in the States, you'd never get Easter Monday off, so this fits into place nicely.

acohrs

Getting a bunch of games. Not halo surprisingly ha

Naw wasn't Dublin bus or Irish rail.

Basically bus eireann decided to continue their strike but set up picket lines blocking buses/trains and workers from doing their job.

That's very cheeky of the Bus Eireann staff, wanted to harm their consumer's commutes today. Not only illegal but all political and public goodwill will be dried up, plus if BE does go into receivership, which drivers will have a good rep when applying to private companies after this?

NateDog

Anyone know of any AIB branches open on a Saturday in Dublin with cash operators? Had a fraud attempt on my account so I can only take out cash from a counter branch.

PowerTaxi

Banned
I can only hope Ross holds firm and let's BE bite the dust to be honest.

Anyway, what're people playing this weekend? Got a refund from Sony for The Fractured But Whole pre-order, thought it was for ME:A which I only just bought LOL

Playing MLB The Show while waiting for Persona.

danthefan

Dunno if anyone is interested in rugby here but Leinster and Munster into the semifinals in the European cup, great stuff. Was at the Leinster match they're playing some super rugby at the moment.

Dunno if anyone is interested in rugby here but Leinster and Munster into the semifinals in the European cup, great stuff. Was at the Leinster match they're playing some super rugby at the moment.

They are indeed. Great stuff from Leinster. Makes it feel like 2011 a bit.

acohrs

I did indeed. Not the first time I've played it through, but just as fun as the first.

Evetytime I replay that game I just love it, as fun now as when I got Silver in 2000.

Fiancee, friends and I are going to get Leinster season tix next year. She used to have them but gave them up for a few years. Very excited to go again

danthefan

Fiancee, friends and I are going to get Leinster season tix next year. She used to have them but gave them up for a few years. Very excited to go again

I've had one for ages, really is some of the best value entertainment you can spend your money on imo.

acohrs

I've had one for ages, really is some of the best value entertainment you can spend your money on imo.

aye, think it will be more entertaining that watching St Patrick's Athletic at least! Getting tired of watching them lose all the time recently haha

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I haven't regularly watched wrestling in years, but I typically watch the Rumble and Wrestlemania because, well, they're the Rumble and Wrestlemania.

This year, though, I just can't work up an interest.
What if I told you The Hardy's returned tonight?

tumblr_ont6x4veDJ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

acohrs

So on lunchbreak, went into CEX off Henry St. They have a few 2nd hand switches for sale, they're charging 405 yoyos just for the console. Wow...

Caode

So on lunchbreak, went into CEX off Henry St. They have a few 2nd hand switches for sale, they're charging 405 yoyos just for the console. Wow...

'2nd hand'. They've had them stocked since 9am the day the switch came out, ridiculous prices too.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
I'm in Dublin this weekend for the IFTA's if anyone want to go for a pint. I'll be out Friday night, will probably end up in Lillie's.

Matsukaze

It appears 3 fucked up my bank details when I set up a direct debit for my broadband service. Don't know how they accomplished that. So I get to sort that out first thing after work tomorrow (or Friday).

Where's the best place to park close to the Bord Gais Energy Theatre? Heading to that Regina Spektor concert over the summer and need a place to dump the car. How does a big theatre like that not have parking?! Fuck sake. The Tickemaster website recommends the Q-Park underground car park but the prices there are fucking extortionate if you want to pre-book. Anyone know how full it'd be on a Friday at around 5pm?

NateDog

Where's the best place to park close to the Bord Gais Energy Theatre? Heading to that Regina Spektor concert over the summer and need a place to dump the car. How does a big theatre like that not have parking?! Fuck sake. The Tickemaster website recommends the Q-Park underground car park but the prices there are fucking extortionate if you want to pre-book. Anyone know how full it'd be on a Friday at around 5pm?
Should empty out a bit around that time but that being said it's a weekend and Grand Canal Dock / Square is pretty hectic most of the time.

Lucreto

I gave up trying to drive in. If you live near the Luas red line it might be a better option. I Park at the red cow and get off the Luas at mayors Street and it's a short walk from there.

acohrs

I live in Cork City, so... yeah.

Try parking in the docklands across the river by mayor st, park on the street for 2 hours for 3 euro an hour. After 7pm, don't have to pay to park anymore until the morning at 7. There's plenty of parking around there and it's green zone, cheapest public parking zone. Walk to bord gais would be 15 to 20 minutes

Try parking in the docklands across the river by mayor st, park on the street for 2 hours for 3 euro an hour. After 7pm, don't have to pay to park anymore until the morning at 7. There's plenty of parking around there and it's green zone, cheapest public parking zone. Walk to bord gais would be 15 to 20 minutes

Thanks. I'll have to look into it.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Think the Token barcade won't be done by then. Could go to the workmans and wow burger, burgers and pints (of coke for me)!
Oooh, right, I forgot about that. When's it supposed to be done?

A fellow from another forum recommended me Rick's Burgers. Supposed to do good taco fries.

Podge293

Got an email from Xbox saying I've got the number 1 gamerscore in Ireland.

I'm only on 88k tho surely there's someone in Ireland with more than that

Top Bottom