• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Yeah. Seemed like Floyd got through the first 3 rounds then just toyed with Conor after he got gassed for the rest of the night to rack up rounds for a maximum payday.

Podge293

Yeah. Seemed like Floyd got through the first 3 rounds then just toyed with Conor after he got gassed for the rest of the night to rack up rounds for a maximum payday.

Naw I'd say mayweather knew what he was doing the whole time. Sky's commentators were a bit biased at times tho. Shocking stuff

Naw I'd say mayweather knew what he was doing the whole time. Sky's commentators were a bit biased at times tho. Shocking stuff

I totally think it was Mayweather's gameplan

Conors strat was obviously to try for a early KO since everyone knew the longer it went the more things went Floyd's favor. Once time for that passed Floyd just coasted until he decided it was time to finish it.

At least it was a entertaining spar I guess.

danthefan

Chaps where can you go to buy a decent pair of jeans in Dublin that won't cost heaven and earth? I fucking hate buying jeans, but put a lovely big hole in a pair over the weekend.

Lucreto

Debenhams if you like Wranglers.

Try them on in Store and buy them off the UK site using parcel motel. You save about €6 and they have a sale on.

Ireland has anti vaxers now?

And of course it turns out a bunch of my old freinds on Facebook are totally believers.

Christ. Is this was the average american OT'er has to go through each day? I dont like it.

Clegg

Ireland has anti vaxers now?

And of course it turns out a bunch of my old freinds on Facebook are totally believers.

Christ. Is this was the average american OT'er has to go through each day? I dont like it.
Reading this in The Sunday Times.

We have government ministers calling for the removal of the HPV vaccination. That's a fucking stackable offence. I wouldn't expect any minister to do the right thing and resign though.

Whatever it is they did with those lanes/bridges in Dublin City to improve public transport flow, its not working, and if the gardai actually cared they'd have a field day giving out tickets there.

Podge293

Whatever it is they did with those lanes/bridges in Dublin City to improve public transport flow, its not working, and if the gardai actually cared they'd have a field day giving out tickets there.

I've found it pretty decent to be honest. I'd say it's dropped at least 5 minutes off my journey if not more

Theres still some idiots around and yeah I'd love the garda to just set up a spot there throwing tickets at them but meh what else can you expec.f.

TheAuldTriangle

Neo Member
*Nods head* Story lads.

New fella here, account just got verified before heading to bed. Nice little surprise all the same. 28 years old, Dublin born and bred, thought this would be the best place to introduce myself.

*Nods head* Story lads.

New fella here, account just got verified before heading to bed. Nice little surprise all the same. 28 years old, Dublin born and bred, thought this would be the best place to introduce myself.

Hello. Excellent avatar, ha. You in to trad?

Any of you lads playing Destiny 2?

Yup. If you're on Playstation add me. PSN:BobelacX

Any other Irish Gaffers please feel free to add me to, especially Destiny 2 players. Message with 'Irish GAF', thanks.

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Any other Irish Gaffers please feel free to add me to, especially Destiny 2 players. Message with 'Irish GAF', thanks.
Hey, we got a Chu Chu Rocket guy here. You know that game's back online now, right?

TheAuldTriangle

Neo Member

Honestly, it depends on the mood. But Luke Kelly has such an aura about him, a certain romance. When I signed up I was listening to The Dubliner's version of The Auld Triangle when they were in Germany, gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

EDIT: This version if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa7birRBmNM

Honestly, it depends on the mood. But Luke Kelly has such an aura about him, a certain romance. When I signed up I was listening to The Dubliner's version of The Auld Triangle when they were in Germany, gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

EDIT: This version if interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa7birRBmNM

Ha, I was listening to that recently too along with a bunch of other Luke Kelly tracks. Great stuff, though I'm not super into that Irish stuff normally.

Hey, we got a Chu Chu Rocket guy here. You know that game's back online now, right?

What, really?

On Dreamcast?

TheAuldTriangle

Neo Member
Tad old, but reading about this earlier.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soc...homeless-man-s-sex-abuse-conviction-1.3210643

How does a convicted paedophile, a man who willingly infected someone with HIV, travel across the world and find himself living on the streets of Dublin, and dying on them?

How does such scum gain entry to a country with such a heinous past?

EDIT: Oh wtf, he's Irish and was deported back here! How did I miss that!. Anyway fair play to HSH.

acohrs

Need to Jack up tax on landlords that hold desolate properties for years waiting for higher prices to sell. So many abandoned buildings in the city centre that could be demolished or refurbished for proper housing.

Lucreto

Need to Jack up tax on landlords that hold desolate properties for years waiting for higher prices to sell. So many abandoned buildings in the city centre that could be demolished or refurbished for proper housing.

A compulsory purchase order at 10% below market value might get them selling.

People hosting Airbnb is causing as much problems.

NateDog

Any of you guys know any good tailors or places for general alterations in Dublin? Only place I can think of is the Zip Yard but I'm not sure what they're like.

Any of you guys know any good tailors or places for general alterations in Dublin? Only place I can think of is the Zip Yard but I'm not sure what they're like.
Daniel Geoghegan on Wicklow Street. Very good. Cheap enough.

Altered a wool suit and a shirt for me last week. Very happy with their work.

Cheers might give them a go, girlfriend has a good few bits of clothing in dire need of repair.
It's a little tiny place upstairs above one of the shops. Hard to find but worth it. We got two suits and two shirts altered for 100 quid and another placed quoted 60 for just one jacket. Rip off Ireland.

Eurgh. Won't hear the end of this shit on the radio at work all week and I don't even care for GAA all that much.

Mayo with only themselves to blame, though.

Top Bottom