• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Alan Wake II destined to be a sales flop?

bigdad2007

Love Remedy games. Have zero interest in EGS. I’m sure I’ll buy it eventually in like 4 years when it eventually goes on sale and is on steam.

My assumption is that Epic is money hatting these games so much that it doesn’t matter if they don’t sell right away.

K' Dash

I dont give a fuck, if not for whatever party is sponsoring this game, it wouldn't be possible. I'm just glad it got made and I hope Remedy can give the story a proper ending, or at least give Alan a proper send off.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Most people that play AAA games on PC have a half a decade old RTX 20 series card or better. The most popular card by a massive margin on Steam is the much more modern 3060 not the 5 year old 2070 or 2060.
Cute waifu

816800.jpg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
My assumption is that Epic is money hatting these games so much that it doesn’t matter if they don’t sell right away.
Epic Games Publishing is the literal publisher of this game.

Unless Epic Games starts publishing on Steam or Remedy get back publishing rights after the revenue share is done (which would be helped if people would happen faster if people would stop being sticklers about their favorite launchers).....you probably arent going to be seeing Alan Wake 2 on steam any time soon if ever.
Its a shame people are so tribal about EGS and will be missing out on a gem like Alan Wake 2.

Hell you could use the website to buy the game add the game to your steam library and never have to see the EGS launcher, if the launcher is what irks you so.

P.S I love that EGS games always reveal when reviewers are playing the game, because the achievements start counting percentages.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
5 days away from launch and the lack of marketing would make Jim Ryan proud.
Playstation markets the crap out of their games. You're just not saying wasteful spending anymore.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
EGS exclusive, high system requirements with 0 support for pascal and under, lack of physical

no ones buying this game lol.
But none that applies to console gamers. I’m still not sure to this day what’s difference between launchers and every time I ask, all they tell me is “its not steam”…..what the fuck is that mean?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
But none that applies to console gamers. I’m still not sure to this day what’s difference between launchers and every time I ask, all they tell me is “its not steam”…..what the fuck is that mean?
PC is still an important market. Besides this game will be passing off console gamers too with the lack of physical release.

Steam is the superior launcher to everything else on pc, most features, games, user base and is highly convenient. Epic games is shite in comparison hence the hate.

None of this applies to me, i already installed epic for Fortnite and rocket league, and Idgaf about the physical vs digital debate. However people get riled up about it and all the actions remedy are taking with this game feels like them shooting themselves in the foot as much as possible

SHA

I actually didn't liked the marketing rage before gtav release, sales topic aside, that was totally unprofessional from both the marketing team and us the consumers, everyone is like willing to trade his precious stuff for this game, f gtav, y'all should act like grown-up, no one need to go through all that, normally, one would keep looking for something worthy once in a while and won't give a f f about the marketing for this s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom